Kirbyville is open

rykerx144

7 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

We need one in place rather quickly, realignment February 3rd

When I spoke with Wallis he acknowledged that and implied the hiring process would timely.  He even advised that they usually post till position filed but this time they are going to put a specific end date. 

7 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

When you don’t play kids at certain positions that should be playing you have a year like we did. 

Agree, but lets not turn this into a Doughty bashing thread.  I really do appreciate what he had done for our school he is a stand up guy!  

Lets keep this just about the future and hiring.  

Looking through list that applied in April and thinking of who might still apply.  I hope Prouse applies again.  Pinkards at ME, and curious if Stricklan would apply again.  There more I hear on Stricklan the less his stock drops.  Not very good reviews from some folks it seems he has worked with in the past.    

54 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

None of the guys mentioned have a recent title game appearance and a motivation to remain in the area long term. If KV isn’t pursuing Barbay, they’re traveling in the wrong direction. 

The problem is Barbay pursuing Kirbyville.  He did not even apply last time and I have heard nothing from him or anyone close to him act like he is interested. 

3 hours ago, 2wedge said:

None of the guys mentioned have a recent title game appearance and a motivation to remain in the area long term. If KV isn’t pursuing Barbay, they’re traveling in the wrong direction. 

Strickland has 2 as DC 1 with Carthage and 1 with Henderson. It’s not like Nick Saban or Kirby Smart are knocking down the door to apply , I’m sure the list will be bare minimum

54 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Strickland has 2 as DC 1 with Carthage and 1 with Henderson. It’s not like Nick Saban or Kirby Smart are knocking down the door to apply , I’m sure the list will be bare minimum

Strickland was in the final 2 last go around, I would think it would be his if he wanted it. Unless a Barbay decides to throw his name in the running, then that's a no brainer.

6 minutes ago, LOUD and Proud said:

Strickland was in the final 2 last go around, I would think it would be his if he wanted it. Unless a Barbay decides to throw his name in the running, then that's a no brainer.

Then why wasn’t he hired last year? Think he might feel a bit burned? 

6 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

Ferguson that was AD at Shelbyville during their runs a few years ago did not apply last time but will apply this round. 

This the same guy that was dismissed and had felony charges for choking his wife? If so I know he’s been cleared by TEA but this is not someone I’d want coaching my son or daughter 

35 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

This the same guy that was dismissed and had felony charges for choking his wife? If so I know he’s been cleared by TEA but this is not someone I’d want coaching my son or daughter 

I just said he applied.  Im going to wa it till I see who all applies before I give my unneeded unwanted opinion of who I think is best lol

I hope everything works out for Kirbyville. I have attended their games off and on for the past 12 years. To me they don't have the athletes that they had in the past. I always thought that good coaches seem to have good athletes but that is not always the case. There is an old saying something about sometimes it is not the X's and the O's but it is who has the Jimmies and the Joes. 

I had a good relationship with Jack Alvarez, and Greg Neece and also thought Couch Doughty was an all right guy. I wish him the best in the future. 

7 hours ago, Speedkills said:

No word... awfully quiet other than speculation around Kirbyville... ryker might have some insight.

Posting is up until the 28th so I doubt there will be anything new until then.  I understand as of last friday there was about 50 applied.  There is a board meeting on the 22nd.  We might can learn something more official then about the process they plan to use.