Kirbyville is open

rykerx144

4 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

Posting is up until the 28th so I doubt there will be anything new until then.  I understand as of last friday there was about 50 applied.  There is a board meeting on the 22nd.  We might can learn something more official then about the process they plan to use. 

So is Doughty still running the off-season program and doing the day-to-day work of the AD?

Is Doughty going to be the one to finalize the non-district schedule?

Always an interesting dynamic when the man leaving is making he schedule for the next two years.

28 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

So is Doughty still running the off-season program and doing the day-to-day work of the AD?

Is Doughty going to be the one to finalize the non-district schedule?

Always an interesting dynamic when the man leaving is making he schedule for the next two years.

Yes he has agreed to stay until end of year or until obviously he gets hired somewhere.  Once the new AD has been hired the new AD will take over all AD responsibilities.  

I assume Doughty will continue with his scheduling plan until replaced.  The timing of who does what? Will depend on the timing of the hire.  

7 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

.  I assume Doughty will continue with his scheduling plan until replaced.  The timing of who does what? Will depend on the timing of the hire.  

I'm wondering if any schedule plan he puts in place will cross the Superintendent's desk for approval?

Or, it might be "tentative" waiting on the new HC/Ad's approval.

This is a tough spot for them because most schedules are finalized pretty quickly after Feb. 1. 

37 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Hopefully he wouldn't do it, but he could put them in a bad place with non district scheduling. 

He wouldnt do that.  We just going to hope for the best.  The timing of the hire and when new AD steps foot on campus will determine most of these questions.  He might just have to work with whatever is in place.  

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

He wouldnt do that.  We just going to hope for the best.  The timing of the hire and when new AD steps foot on campus will determine most of these questions.  He might just have to work with whatever is in place.  

Yes, he'll just have to deal with what he'd given. Not much difference than when someone is hired in March or later 

14 hours ago, Speedkills said:

Jowell Hancock maybe?

Yes, Hancock is the HFC/AD at Rusk. He has had a good two-year run but I'm sure he is not looking forward to the possibility of being in the same district with Center and Bullard who are both dropping down. He is also graduating a very good senior class that will be hard to replace.