You do realize that back in the 50's they had the "blue law" and nothing was opened on Sunday?  Yes, it's true.  And heaven forbid if anyone had tried to open on Christmas Day.  I realize that Seventh Day Adventist don't recognize Sunday as the Sabbath, but currently when someone worships the Lord does not seem nearly as important as IF they worship the Lord.  Jmo

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

This is not a conspiracy theory. It can be found in history.  It can be found in recent current news.  It can be found in the bible.

Yes it is a conspiracy theory. 

The Bible is not part of that plot (realizing the theory is based on verses) but the notion the there will be a national blue law is ludicrous. 

There will be no national law requing any worship, much less on Sunday or any restrictions. Dragging up laws attempted 130 years or more ago is tin foil hat stuff. 

Sunday laws go back as far as Constantine.  They are as recent as laws being enacted in Poland right now.  There are about eight EU countries with Sunday laws, Germany being the most prominent.  Sunday is called a national day of rest in Germany.  It is called the same here.

Recently a state senator from Arizona advocated for enforced Sunday worship.  News articles in ed op sections of news papers around the country advocate for a national sunday law.  One such article appeared in Pittsburgh around Christmas 2016.  The influential Harvard Law Review very recently wrote an article lauding and commending Poland for their Sunday law legislation.  

The person whom many consider 'the de facto president of the world', the Pope, is probably the biggest advocate for Sunday laws.  In just about every speech he makes, every encyclical he puts out he has some proviso about how Sunday worship is the answer for societal problems.

I can and will provide links to back up the things I am saying.  

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

You do realize that back in the 50's they had the "blue law" and nothing was opened on Sunday?  Yes, it's true.  And heaven forbid if anyone had tried to open on Christmas Day.  I realize that Seventh Day Adventist don't recognize Sunday as the Sabbath, but currently when someone worships the Lord does not seem nearly as important as IF they worship the Lord.  Jmo

I was born in the 50s.  I've heard a lot of people tell me about the Sunday laws then.  Promoting the seventh day sabbath as the true day of rest and worship is not just a Seventh Day Adventist rally point.  The seventh day as a day of rest and worship goes all the way back to the first week of creation. It is an institution created and established by God Himself.  

34 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I was born in the 50s.  I've heard a lot of people tell me about the Sunday laws then.  Promoting the seventh day sabbath as the true day of rest and worship is not just a Seventh Day Adventist rally point.  The seventh day as a day of rest and worship goes all the way back to the first week of creation. It is an institution created and established by God Himself.  

I understand your position on Saturday being the Sabbath.  I was merely pointing out that I'm more concerned (and think other's should be) that so many are turning away from God.

12 hours ago, REBgp said:

Reb, correct me if I am wrong ( going off of memory alone and we know at our age how troublesome that can be ) but didn't the Sunday Blue Laws also prevent stores that were opened on Sunday to only sell certain items, others being banned?

Side note: I always thought the law preventing the sale of alcohol before noon on Sunday was a bit weird. If a man wants to drink before noon Sunday, he will buy it on Saturday. I take it as a “feel good” law so that we can believe we stopped the alcoholic from attending church inebriated.

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Sunday laws go back as far as Constantine.  They are as recent as laws being enacted in Poland right now.  There are about eight EU countries with Sunday laws, Germany being the most prominent.  Sunday is called a national day of rest in Germany.  It is called the same here.

Recently a state senator from Arizona advocated for enforced Sunday worship.  News articles in ed op sections of news papers around the country advocate for a national sunday law.  One such article appeared in Pittsburgh around Christmas 2016.  The influential Harvard Law Review very recently wrote an article lauding and commending Poland for their Sunday law legislation.  

The person whom many consider 'the de facto president of the world', the Pope, is probably the biggest advocate for Sunday laws.  In just about every speech he makes, every encyclical he puts out he has some proviso about how Sunday worship is the answer for societal problems.

I can and will provide links to back up the things I am saying.  

You are reading and believing too much gibberish. 

Let’s cut to the chase.  Do you really believe that the USA is about to spring upon us a Sunday worship law, enabling the prophecy of the beast? 

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

In Bible school way when I was about 6 years old (over 50 years ago) my teacher told us that the Sabbath day was Saturday, a day of rest. I don’t know any Christian religion that believes otherwise. 

Generally Christians gather for their main worship centered on Sunday. This was as I was told in the same lesson, the gathering to celebrate Christianity on Sunday, the day Christ rose from the dead or as we know it, Easter Sunday.  As he told us, basically every Sunday is a celebration of Easter. That does not replace the Sabbath in the Old Testament. 

Not coincidentally most people, except shift workers, are traditionally off on both Saturday and Sunday or what we call our weekend. I believe that is why our traditional days off were S-S and not something like Tuesday-Wednesday. Saturday and Sunday are both holy days for different reasons. One in the Old Testament and one in the New Testament. 

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Reb, correct me if I am wrong ( going off of memory alone and we know at our age how troublesome that can be ) but didn't the Sunday Blue Laws also prevent stores that were opened on Sunday to only sell certain items, others being banned?

Side note: I always thought the law preventing the sale of alcohol before noon on Sunday was a bit weird. If a man wants to drink before noon Sunday, he will buy it on Saturday. I take it as a “feel good” law so that we can believe we stopped the alcoholic from attending church inebriated.

You're right about the age thing.  Every time I try to remember things, I think of that anti-drug ad with the frying egg.  Just change the words to, This is your brain when you're old lol.  I want to say in the 50's there wasn't anything open on Sunday.  Maybe, service stations, but I'm not sure about them.  But that was before I was driving, and didn't have a lot of money anyway.

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Yes I believe it.  I've been studying and observing this issue a good part of my life.  

If you have been studying and observing this issue for as long as you claim, can you give us any idea why now is the time for this to happen?  Why not 2 yrs ago, five years ago, 2 years from now or five years from now?