Who will be the QB for PN-G next year?

aki1994

The problem with the Texas QB situation is as usual. They are high on Rising, however, he has not shown the ability to stay healthy in high school. This usually translates to be the same in college. Ehlinger IMO, is more of a RAH RAH, type QB. Unless he learns to read a defense and become an accurate passer, he is in no terms, a franchise guy. SB cannot seem to stay on the field as well, so that is why you have the QB mess between the 2 of them. Heard was a pure athlete, that played at a talent rich school. I think Tisdale will be about the same type of QB Heard was at the next level. One thing, that i think helps R.J. is that he can make plays with his legs. But for him to be able to perform at the next level, he will need to put on some size, and work on his accuracy. IMO, he can compete for the job. I think Ehlinger will be the guy this year, but i also feel like he will have nothing more than a mediocre career at Texas. Although Rattler was a top prospect, I do not feel that a Pro Style guy can succeed at UT unless they shore up some serious offensive line issues. Also the wide receiver position has been brutal at best. Texas needs more than a QB to become a legit team IMO. Herman is on the right path. I hope it all works out, because in the end, I am a UT fan as well as a R.J. fan. I think this senior season will be a good tell all on R.J. People tend to forget he has a season of high school ball left. The P.N.G. receiving core will be very fast, yet undersized this year. I think his accuracy will improve because the deep ball will not be his go to.... 

On 1/25/2018 at 11:09 AM, WHO DAT???? said:

I think you just said it right there. A full season plus a full slate of playoff games and the most you PASS for is 2100 yards and 22 tds. Thats worse than Roschons sophomore year. Heard rushes for 2000 but he also played in more games to get to 2000. Roschon avgs 1600 just going 3 rounds deep. Roschon doesnt remotely have the team to go to state, (PNG just dont have it anymore) but if you gave him 3 more games to do it Roschon would definitely have 2000 rush yds.  Roschons worst passing season was already better the Jerrods by nearly 900 yds. 2000 and 2000 QB or a 3000 and 1600 QB.

Heard was a higher nationally ranked product though. Think he was just that explosive and I saw him at the camps back then. Did very well for himself. Just didnt work out

What you fail to realize is that Johnson would play nearly ever snap, even in blowouts. Heard played about half the games most of the season and wasn’t just a one man show, he had help at the running back position. Also, look at Guyer’s schedule vs what PNG plays. 

Ehlinger only played one more game than RJ his junior year and dwarfed his passing numbers with teams like Lake Travis and North Shore on the schedule. He too was pulled a lot due to Westlake blowing people out that year. RJ has a long way to go before he can throw the ball efficiently at the next level, will probably be third or fourth in the qb room as far as pure passers go unless Beuchele transfers. 

Remember 247 sports had Jalen Hurts ranked the #1 dual-threat in the country and now he doesn’t have a job because of his passing ability, even though people raved about it in high school. Not saying he won’t get a lot better but he’s a ways off a kid like Spencer Sanders who I think would be Herman’s JT Barrett/Braxton Miller type qb. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What you fail to realize is that Johnson would play nearly ever snap, even in blowouts. Heard played about half the games most of the season and wasn’t just a one man show, he had help at the running back position. Also, look at Guyer’s schedule vs what PNG plays. 

Ehlinger only played one more game than RJ his junior year and dwarfed his passing numbers with teams like Lake Travis and North Shore on the schedule. He too was pulled a lot due to Westlake blowing people out that year. RJ has a long way to go before he can throw the ball efficiently at the next level, will probably be third or fourth in the qb room as far as pure passers go unless Beuchele transfers. 

Remember 247 sports had Jalen Hurts ranked the #1 dual-threat in the country and now he doesn’t have a job because of his passing ability, even though people raved about it in high school. Not saying he won’t get a lot better but he’s a ways off a kid like Spencer Sanders who I think would be Herman’s JT Barrett/Braxton Miller type qb. 

Sure, you see it one way I do another.  Thats fine I also know a thing about that Denton team.  They have multiple ranked and highly recruited players on both sides of the ball. That makes things a hell of a lot easier. I would love to see Roschon play with 3-4 star players on both sides of ball. He can score 10 tds by himself, but Im sure you know about that already.

10 hours ago, WHO DAT???? said:

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Ehlinger only played one moregam than RJ his junior year and dwarfed his passing numbers with teams like Lake Travis and North Shore on the schedule. He too was pulled a lot due to Westlake blowing people out that year. RJ has a long way to go before he can throw the ball efficiently at the next level, will probably be third or fourth in the qb room as far as pure passers go unless Beuchele transfers. 

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

21 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

He had no problems with Code Red.

22 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not to knock PN-G as I am from there but RJ does much more with much less than Heard had in high school. 

I get so lost on these RJ threads... Half the experts say he stinks and is overrated. The other half says he's the whole team and everyone else stinks... ..  One half says the best talent is on the other teams, one half says PNG has no talent other than RJ.

How in the world is PNG actually winning games and advancing further than most of these players.....

Please help me understand.

14.2 please grace us with your thoughts.......

No other kid gets thrown to the wolves as much as RJ.... I repeat no one.

Responses welcome. Because all the negativity is turning into positives at PNG... Keep doubting the kid....

Popcorn in hand......

I think a bunch of grown men hating on this kid is pretty funny. No one knows how he will do in college. A lot of that depends on his work habits and how he matures over the next few years. I have watched a lot of high school football and this kid is special. I would be willing to bet that any negativity will fuel his fire. I hope he stays positive and keeps working. I hope nothing but the best for him except when he plays nederland

you people kill me lol, If RJ played for your team you wouldn't be talking about him doubting him yada yada yada. I have to agree He does more with less as so stated, imagine what he could do if he had a defense that went out there and forced 3 and outs every time they went on the field. Comparing stats of Heard to RJ isn't fair to say the least. You put RJ on the same teams with the same talent and im sure his numbers would be staggering. I'm glad the kid doesn't have to prove himself to all of you he prob would be on the bench with the way some of you talk him down. He is a special talent and a joy to watch. I am glad we had the pleasure to watch him play. What ever he does after his high school career im sure he will succeed. If it doesn't work at QB which I don't think will be a problem then whether it be wide receiver or defensive back , doesn't matter he's getting to live his dream and get a education playing at the collegiate level.