Who will be the QB for PN-G next year?

aki1994

PNGs QB will be RJ. He will graduate from PNG. If he did go to another school im sure it would be WOS, he couldn't play for no one else in Our 5A district it would have to be a different classification if im not mistaken. The reason this rumor is started is because PNG has never had a College QB that was highly recruited like RJ has with the exception of Dustin Long, not sure how many offers he had been too long for my memory. yall just need to talk about someone else and not worry about what RJ will be doing in College Ball, whatever he does he will be successful at what ever he does and I don't believe for one second that he will be a wide receiver and not a qb. SMH you people are something else.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, CardinalBacker said:

I talked with someone today who absolutely knows the ropes over there. PNG absolutely has plans in place for kids who are able to graduate in December. 

It's in their student handbook on the high school webpage.  

___
Guidelines for Early Graduation Guidelines have been established to provide the opportunity for a qualified student to attempt to graduate one year early. A student interested in early graduation should apply during his ninth grade year. Administrators and counselors will give careful consideration to the student’s readiness. Criteria to be considered will include state assessment scores, academic achievement record, attendance, etc. The student must follow the state recommended or distinguished achievement graduation plan. Information from the student, the parents, and guidance office records will be used to assist in the decision-making process, and a possible three-year plan will be developed. With the approval of the principal and the permission of the parents, the student will enter the early graduation program by August before the tenth grade year. 1. The student must take required courses on the Port Neches-Groves High School campus except for Algebra I courses taught at Port Neches Middle School and Groves Middle School. No required courses may be taken at another campus or at summer school unless the course was failed at the Port Neches-Groves High School campus. 2. The student must take English II and English III during the tenth grade year. 3. Two social studies courses must be taken during the tenth or eleventh grade year. 54 4. The student may take two elective courses away from the Port Neches-Groves High School campus only with the advanced approval of the high school principal. These two elective credits may be earned through correspondence school, college, or university campuses. 5. The PSAT, SAT, or ACT should be taken before the tenth grade. The decision to pursue the three-year graduation plan should be made only after careful consideration. Both parents and students should be aware that a series of choices will be necessary in this plan, since the student will miss some of the normal and natural experiences of the regular four-year high school program. In addition, the condensed time framework may not be conducive to a particular individual’s learning. These factors should be weighed carefully before a student applies to enter the early graduation program.

5 hours ago, BH85 said:

It's in their student handbook on the high school webpage.  

___
Guidelines for Early Graduation Guidelines have been established to provide the opportunity for a qualified student to attempt to graduate one year early. A student interested in early graduation should apply during his ninth grade year. Administrators and counselors will give careful consideration to the student’s readiness. Criteria to be considered will include state assessment scores, academic achievement record, attendance, etc. The student must follow the state recommended or distinguished achievement graduation plan. Information from the student, the parents, and guidance office records will be used to assist in the decision-making process, and a possible three-year plan will be developed. With the approval of the principal and the permission of the parents, the student will enter the early graduation program by August before the tenth grade year. 1. The student must take required courses on the Port Neches-Groves High School campus except for Algebra I courses taught at Port Neches Middle School and Groves Middle School. No required courses may be taken at another campus or at summer school unless the course was failed at the Port Neches-Groves High School campus. 2. The student must take English II and English III during the tenth grade year. 3. Two social studies courses must be taken during the tenth or eleventh grade year. 54 4. The student may take two elective courses away from the Port Neches-Groves High School campus only with the advanced approval of the high school principal. These two elective credits may be earned through correspondence school, college, or university campuses. 5. The PSAT, SAT, or ACT should be taken before the tenth grade. The decision to pursue the three-year graduation plan should be made only after careful consideration. Both parents and students should be aware that a series of choices will be necessary in this plan, since the student will miss some of the normal and natural experiences of the regular four-year high school program. In addition, the condensed time framework may not be conducive to a particular individual’s learning. These factors should be weighed carefully before a student applies to enter the early graduation program.

I'm not sure this applies to the QB.  Unless I misunderstood something he wants to graduate next December.  This says if you want to graduate a year early one must apply in the 9th grade.  So, is it possible at PN-G to do what he wants?

On 1/6/2018 at 6:01 AM, biaplayer said:

PNGs QB will be RJ. He will graduate from PNG. If he did go to another school im sure it would be WOS, he couldn't play for no one else in Our 5A district it would have to be a different classification if im not mistaken. The reason this rumor is started is because PNG has never had a College QB that was highly recruited like RJ has with the exception of Dustin Long, not sure how many offers he had been too long for my memory. yall just need to talk about someone else and not worry about what RJ will be doing in College Ball, whatever he does he will be successful at what ever he does and I don't believe for one second that he will be a wide receiver and not a qb. SMH you people are something else.

This is the hidden content, please
 i bet this guy never would of imagined he would be a receiver either.

I told you all the other day its people like some on here just starting crap. That's it. The plan has been in place for him to be an early graduate. Now that that rumor is dead we will see the other rumor die FOX when he is the QB at UT. I know you hate it but it is what it is. Just to show you how bad of a rumor it was ....... The first day I read it   it was literally about 1 minute for me to look it up my self and see it was all a lie. People just hating thats it.

45 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I told you all the other day its people like some on here just starting crap. That's it. The plan has been in place for him to be an early graduate. Now that that rumor is dead we will see the other rumor die FOX when he is the QB at UT. I know you hate it but it is what it is. Just to show you how bad of a rumor it was ....... The first day I read it   it was literally about 1 minute for me to look it up my self and see it was all a lie. People just hating thats it.

compare for yourself.... so it can happen.

lots of kids change positions in college

8 hours ago, fox said:

compare for yourself.... so it can happen.

lots of kids change positions in college

Jerrod Heard was a better high school runner than Roschon is. No Knock on Shug.

Roschon is ahead of Heard in the passing category though to me as a high schooler. Roschons worst season passing so far, his Sophomore year yielded more yards than ALL of Heards starting 3 starting years and his td total of 26 pass tds is better than all but one of Heards high school years.

Heard ran a run heavy offense and had one solid rb to go with it. Heard was very efficient in his passing, providing the balance and enough big plays is the air to make that particular team nearly unstoppable. Perfect high school storm. However, he had issues going through progressions when forced to do so by a defense, something that was noted in his recruiting and scouting. He would take off after his first option often without keeping his eyes down the field to pass. In high school, he was so good running however it didnt matter. 

In college, those issues resurfaced and were put under a microscope because a college qb has to make certain throws and be able to hang it the pocket, despite the coming hit, for the throw. While showing a flash here and there, it hasnt worked out for him unfortunately. Maybe with more consistent coaching and structure it could have happened for the guy.

Roschon goes through his progressions more frequently and consistently than Heard did and has shown on more than one occasion to sit in the pocket and take a hit for the throw. Much better deep ball and more crisp on short routes. Memorial, Nederland, Texas City, and College Station all brought pressure and harassed him but on more than one occasion he is picking himself off the ground after completing a pass. 

We will see how he handles it on the next level and if that translates.

He will be a Qb in my opinion but if he switches, just ask the Titans about how he is as a receiver.

Check the 45 sec mark in the video

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, fox said:

i bet this guy never would of imagined he would be a receiver either.

different coach, don't see that happening. I really cant speak on what position he will play, but he will get an education and will be successful at whatever position he plays! I would love to see him on the defense, on special teams returning punts of kickoffs, kid has mad running skills is elusive and has great natural instinct! Truly blessed to have this kid playing at Port Neches, just a  shame he doesn't go both ways and is under utilized for all of his potential!

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

different coach, don't see that happening. I really cant speak on what position he will play, but he will get an education and will be successful at whatever position he plays! I would love to see him on the defense, on special teams returning punts of kickoffs, kid has mad running skills is elusive and has great natural instinct! Truly blessed to have this kid playing at Port Neches, just a  shame he doesn't go both ways and is under utilized for all of his potential!

Would really hate to see my QB get hurt on defense or returning a kick.

If your QB has to go both ways because you don't have enough athletes or players at the 4A level then you aren't going very far in the playoffs anyway.

Roschon is perfect for Herman’s offense.  My guess is whoever gets the nod next year will be a placeholder.   I predict he will start sooner rather than later once he gets on campus.  And honestly, there hasn’t been this much anticipation for a QB commit at Texas since that guy who won the last national championship.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Roschon is perfect for Herman’s offense.  My guess is whoever gets the nod next year will be a placeholder.   I predict he will start sooner rather than later once he gets on campus.  And honestly, there hasn’t been this much anticipation for a QB commit at Texas since that guy who won the last national championship.  

Almost sounds like it's time for a Dilly Dilly

On 1/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, TxHoops said:

guess you could also say heard is perfect for that offense but he is playing receiver now.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, TxHoops said:

Guess you could.  But it would be pretty foolish comparing Heard to Johnson in terms of quarterbacking abilities.  

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, Bandwagon Ranger said:

That's for damn sure. 

Heard was an athlete playing QB, Johnosn is a QB who happens to be an Athlete.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, TxHoops said:

Guess you could.  But it would be pretty foolish comparing Heard to Johnson in terms of quarterbacking abilities.  

Why would it? RJ is a great player but you do realize he's actually ranked lower than Heard was. Heard came off back to back 2000/2000 rushing and passing seasons to go with back to back state titles. I highly doubt he was more anticipated than Ehlinger who committed coming off a season where he threw for almost 4,000 yards and 50tds while rushing for over 1,300 and played less than ten miles from DKR. He wasn't even UT's top choice this recruiting cycle. They were hard on a kid named Spencer Rattler but he committed to OU in June of last year which allowed RJ to commit to Texas the following month in July.

Texas just also signed Cameron Rising out of California who's been hurt the last couple of seasons but also threw for about 4,000 yards as a sophomore to go with 40tds and 1 pick. Probably a 5* talent if healthy all through high school. Tough qb room at Texas but in all likelihood it's Ehlinger's job for the foreseeable future.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Why would it? RJ is a great player but you do realize he's actually ranked lower than Heard was. Heard came off back to back 2000/2000 rushing and passing seasons to go with back to back state titles. I highly doubt he was more anticipated than Ehlinger who committed coming off a season where he threw for almost 4,000 yards and 50tds while rushing for over 1,300 and played less than ten miles from DKR. He wasn't even UT's top choice this recruiting cycle. They were hard on a kid named Spencer Rattler but he committed to OU in June of last year which allowed RJ to commit to Texas the following month in July.

Texas just also signed Cameron Rising out of California who's been hurt the last couple of seasons but also threw for about 4,000 yards as a sophomore to go with 40tds and 1 pick. Probably a 5* talent if healthy all through high school. Tough qb room at Texas but in all likelihood it's Ehlinger's job for the foreseeable future.

Yes considering Roschon will redshirt his first season it would not be unreasonable to believe he would not even be looked at until year 2. Three seasons from now. 

23 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I will disagree on it being Ehlinger's job. He is no doubt a leader and a competitor. I am not sold on his ability to play QB. If the right QB comes along, do not be shocked if they move him to h-back or a position along those lines. 

Herman has started recruiting the type of athlete he wants at the QB position. In my unprofessional opinion, RJ fits that job description perfectly. Strong arm, quick feet, decisive, and athletic.

Herman does not like playing freshman at QB. This year he had no other option. It will be fun to watch these young men compete for the job in the coming seasons.

On 1/24/2018 at 9:57 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I think you just said it right there. A full season plus a full slate of playoff games and the most you PASS for is 2100 yards and 22 tds. Thats worse than Roschons sophomore year. Heard rushes for 2000 but he also played in more games to get to 2000. Roschon avgs 1600 just going 3 rounds deep. Roschon doesnt remotely have the team to go to state, (PNG just dont have it anymore) but if you gave him 3 more games to do it Roschon would definitely have 2000 rush yds.  Roschons worst passing season was already better the Jerrods by nearly 900 yds. 2000 and 2000 QB or a 3000 and 1600 QB.

Heard was a higher nationally ranked product though. Think he was just that explosive and I saw him at the camps back then. Did very well for himself. Just didnt work out