Newton needing games

hattie

9 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

If they don't merge, I would love for my 2 boys to play against Soulja's son.  Don't think it will happen though, we will find out later this month...

It'll be a double treat.  Well, a triple treat.  No, quadruple treat.  That means, Central stays open, then it's against Central, and I get to sit with Ford and watch both the lil Jag Insiders in action as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ECBucFan
On 12/30/2017 at 8:52 PM, WOSgrad said:

On 12/30/2017 at 8:52 PM, WOSgrad said:

I'd love to see it, but Coach Johnston needs to be careful.  Brock is the one who cancelled on Bridge City a couple of years ago.

It would be great if Brock failed to fill their schedule, then began to get get desperate and called SE TX for a game. It would serve 'em right. No offense to the Brock kids or fan base, but as long as that sorry coach is there I will pull against them.

If Brock does make a call to anyone in SE TX, I hope our area coaches tells them to "call Bridge City" then hangs up on 'em  LOL.  

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Can WOS play week 3 or 5? 

I have been told that, thanks to working since back in 2016 on this schedule, WO-S might indeed have a full dance card already.

However, should a slot open up and Newton still need a game that fits in that slot, WO-S would be amenable to playing them.

So I guess in short, the chance of a WO-S/Newton game occurring over the next couple of years is not probable, but certainly not impossible.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Did anybody give any indication of what happened to the annual matchup with BC?

No, I only new of Newton's situation as I canvassed local coaches as to their tentative pre-district schedule.  Coach Johnston at Newton indicated the only games he has set up so far are Silsbee in Week 2 and Woodville in Week 4.  I have not heard back yet from Coach DuBois.