Newton needing games

hattie

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It would be a lot closer...  You forget what Memorial loses...  And what Silsbee returns...

You are right, I keep forgeting, but with them in 5a I think they will just reload. They have a very good rb returning and some great players on defense and there 9th and JV teams were good. We will see how they are with even playing field for them. I think the reload and will be back in the playoffs 

46 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

You are right, I keep forgeting, but with them in 5a I think they will just reload. They have a very good rb returning and some great players on defense and there 9th and JV teams were good. We will see how they are with even playing field for them. I think the reload and will be back in the playoffs 

Silsbee have a 2 headed monster returns at RB and an experienced secondary.  Memorial loses Jones, Hines, and a good receiver on Offense...

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It would be a lot closer...  You forget what Memorial loses...  And what Silsbee returns...

That’s what I was thinking too and why I made the original comment. Silsbee has a lot of talent and athleticism that PAM would benefit from playing too. Yeah PAM may win, and maybe win easily, but it would still be a good game to have on the schedule.

34 minutes ago, jdog90 said:

Who do yall have on your non district schedule so far?

Lumberton, Liberty (if not in same district) Central and Ozen (if they do not merge). PN-G, Newton and WO-S (if not in same district) tentatively.

Jasper has decided not to schedule Silsbee in non district. Those two still may end up in same district though.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lumberton, Liberty (if not in same district) Central and Ozen (if they do not merge). PN-G, Newton and WO-S (if not in same district) tentatively.

Jasper has decided not to schedule Silsbee in non district. Those two still may end up in same district though.

That Jasper game needs to be played every year imo.  One of the top few rivalry games in SE Texas.  Seems to me the reason they are playing it anymore is the reason we have jails.  Every heated rivalry in the country could have been canceled at some point for a similar reason. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

That Jasper game needs to be played every year imo.  One of the top few rivalry games in SE Texas.  Seems to me the reason they are playing it anymore is the reason we have jails.  Every heated rivalry in the country could have been canceled at some point for a similar reason. 

We need to bust up Orangefield every fall.... they won’t have it. 

RIP Bayou Bowl. 

4 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

What do you mean, bust up Orangefield, they won three times as many games as BC.

BC and OF kids play baseball together in BC Little League. BC plays against OF in STJFL. The schools are literally like five miles apart. Competition between the groups only stops when the kids get to junior high and only for football. The Bayou Bowl featured a trophy and banquet during the week of the game. 

I know the game had gotten rowdy in the last year or two it was played, but I think it’s time to crank it back up. 

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If they don't merge, I would love for my 2 boys to play against Soulja's son.  Don't think it will happen though, we will find out later this month...

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

BC and OF kids play baseball together in BC Little League. BC plays against OF in STJFL. The schools are literally like five miles apart. Competition between the groups only stops when the kids get to junior high and only for football. The Bayou Bowl featured a trophy and banquet during the week of the game. 

I know the game had gotten rowdy in the last year or two it was played, but I think it’s time to crank it back up. 

BC seems to always be in the middle of something. they are almost as bad as silsbee.