Newton needing games

hattie

36 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Does this tie in to the football incident this year and b-ball incident a couple years ago?

As bad as it was, the Jasper defender that targeted the Silsbee receiver hit him helmet to helmet then taunted him, Silsbee was willing to look past that to play Jasper again. 

15 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

As bad as it was, the Jasper defender that targeted the Silsbee receiver hit him helmet to helmet then taunted him, Silsbee was willing to look past that to play Jasper again. 

That’s was a clean football hit, and no taunting happened. If you were actually there watching the game instead of just looking at the picture you would have noticed that the jasper player stepped over the Silsbee player towards the sideline. Someone just happened to get a picture at that exact so now everybody thinks he was taunting him. That play has no comparison whatsoever to what happened to the jasper qb and that along with past events is why jasper is not playing Silsbee. Has nothing to do with getting beat or anything like that. But, of course, they may not have a choice next year if Silsbee ends up in their district. Which brings up another point, does the UIL look at the jasper/Silsbee history and use this as a reason to keep Silsbee in a district to the south with wos?

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

That’s was a clean football hit, and no taunting happened. If you were actually there watching the game instead of just looking at the picture you would have noticed that the jasper player stepped over the Silsbee player towards the sideline. Someone just happened to get a picture at that exact so now everybody thinks he was taunting him. That play has no comparison whatsoever to what happened to the jasper qb and that along with past events is why jasper is not playing Silsbee. Has nothing to do with getting beat or anything like that. But, of course, they may not have a choice next year if Silsbee ends up in their district. Which brings up another point, does the UIL look at the jasper/Silsbee history and use this as a reason to keep Silsbee in a district to the south with wos?

Yeah um ok, I'll amuse you for a sec. Yes, I was there. Duh! Yes, I seen the pic. Was you there? Never mind, I don't care. It is what is it. Jasper don't want to play us, just like they don't want to play WOS. 

Jasper football seems to be following the same pattern as Jasper Basketball. Play in small school tournaments, Evadale, etc. Then wonder why you can't compete when you meet the top schools in your class. Well..... it looks good on the coaches coaching record. Maybe that's all that matters. I have always enjoyed watching games against Jasper even when Jasper dominated the series and even when the lights went out, and all the other strange things that have happened. By the way I wasn't there last year when the late hit happened but I was there when the Jasper fans attacked the Silsbee basketball team after the game. 

17 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not sure about that but BC did say no to playing Silsbee the next two years. So did LC-M and Huffman.

That doesn’t make sense.... We face WOS and Newton voluntarily but would duck Silsbee? 

I don’t understand schools not wanting to play the Tigers. A year or two ago, maybe, when it seemed like there was a lot of unnecessary stuff going on, but not so much in the last year or so. 

Any chance that it’s a problem between coaches from our area not getting along with the Silsbee HC?

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That doesn’t make sense.... We face WOS and Newton voluntarily but would duck Silsbee? 

I don’t understand schools not wanting to play the Tigers. A year or two ago, maybe, when it seemed like there was a lot of unnecessary stuff going on, but not so much in the last year or so. 

Any chance that it’s a problem between coaches from our area not getting along with the Silsbee HC?

The opinion I am hearing in regards to BC, LC-M and Huffman saying no to Silsbee is based on how well Silsbee's sub varsity teams did this past season. Silsbee 9th and JV were undefeated district champs and winning each game in district very easily.

Those teams saying no is part of the reason why Silsbee is in a bit of a quandary finding games. I think Smith thought at least two of those three would have agreed to continue to play.

Considering we’re probably only gonna have like 4-5 district games. We might as well add Lumberton if there’s a mutual agreement. I personally think if we have 4 district games (which is more likely based on some of the realignment predictions) with WOS, HJ, HF, and Liberty then I would like to see PNG, Newton, Lumberton, and I’m still gonna throw Woodville in the mix cause I still feel like that could be a good game. I don’t know about the last two opponent since so many local teams already said no.