Newton needing games

hattie

23 minutes ago, ST413 said:

How can you know how many games you will be needing* before they release the districts?  I can see weeks 1 and 3 but couldn’t week 5 end up being a district game?

Probably easier to have too many games and need to back out of one than to not have enough games and wind up scrambling late to find one

Tell them to call Coach Nelson at 409-...  Nevermind, I wouldn't want my Jaguars to get embarrassed by a 3A school.  But maybe it would be a good thing because some of these city kids don't take what it takes to be a winner serious enough for me.  A good but whopping by some country boys might do the trick. 

Is WO-S looking too? 

22 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Tell them to call Coach Nelson at 409-...  Nevermind, I wouldn't want my Jaguars to get embarrassed by a 3A school.  But maybe it would be a good thing because some of these city kids don't take what it takes to be a winner serious enough for me.  A good but whopping by some country boys might do the trick. 

Is WO-S looking too? 

I’m fairly certain they’re already out flipping tires around the courthouse this morning. 

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Jasper might have to play them whether they like it or not.  We'll see the 1st monday in February.

Yep. There is so much more to this story. Silsbee was told by Jasper to find another baseball and soccer tourney to play in for THIS season. They were originally scheduled to play in Jasper's baseball and soccer tourneys coming up.

Looks to me that Barbay is eliminating Silsbee from Jasper's world.

Week 1 was with Kirbyville(cancelled), Week 3 was Diboll(40-20), Week 5 was E. Chambers(60-17). Guess they must to have cancelled out on Newton. Diboll was a decent team, would have liked to played them again. Looks like maybe Silsbee may still be on our schedule, they are always a tough game. 

Last go round Jasper did not want to play WOS anymore and reportedly did not want to play Silsbee but the administration made them play Silsbee. I hope they end up in Silsbee's District. Overall I believe they still have a winning record against Silsbee.

This year they say their not playing Silsbee in anything.

For years Jasper has played a small school schedule in Basketball but still was highly competitive in Football. I hope they don't go to a small school schedule in football. That makes the coaches record look good but does not create many state championship situations. Jasper is one of those schools that could jump in there and beat a WOS which would make them a statewide contender. 

This year Silsbee played three schools that went all the way to the state finals. They did not win any of the games but you have to compliment their willingness to compete. 

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's my understanding that Silsbee is looking for games. No more Jasper and Shadow Creek.

The Jasper thing is very interesting.

Was wondering why Silsbee had to go look for another baseball tourney. Jasper has a good baseball tourney. Maybe Jasper got tired of losing to Silsbee and like they did WOS just dropped Silsbee. 

Yep. There is so much more to this story. Silsbee was told by Jasper to find another baseball and soccer tourney to play in for THIS season. They were originally scheduled to play in Jasper's baseball and soccer tourneys coming up.

That's a shame. Is Barbay running scared? For these two towns that are roughly 50 miles apart have one of the best rivalry around. 

It's my understanding that Silsbee is looking for games. No more Jasper and Shadow Creek.

The Jasper thing is very interesting.

So, Silsbee may have to find three game if their district is smaller. Why is Jasper bugging out and we all know Shadow Creek will be 6A. Maybe a Navasota or Huffman will step up. 

I think I know why...