6 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

The nfl is fixed. There is no level of football that a play like that happens in except for the fixed football league. The DB for the saints tried to avoid Diggs. This is disgusting!!! If it wasn’t for the COWBOYS, I would be done. 

I used to bet with a bookie, and you are right, the NFL is rigged.

7 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

The nfl is fixed. There is no level of football that a play like that happens in except for the fixed football league. The DB for the saints tried to avoid Diggs. This is disgusting!!! If it wasn’t for the COWBOYS, I would be done. 

The line was Minnesota -5.5.  The pat would have been worth millions 

I've kept up with jacksonville all season.  Former COWBOYS safety, Barry Church, signed with them in the off season.  He was my favorite COWBOY on the team so I followed him during the summer.  He started talking about how athletic and talented their defense would be.  He was right.  The jaguars are a very athletic defensive team.  I don't know if they can beat the patriots but they have as good of a chance as anyone.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:22 PM, Ty Cobb said:

I have a hard time believing that athletes fix the games. If it is fixed it would come from the official, or coaches, or something like that. If it were fixed by players, they would write books or leak info for money. Players don't fix the games.

Also, why in the world would the league want to fix a game for Case Keenum to beat Drew Brees out? The Super Bowl would generate more money for a Brady vs Brees Super Bowl. Not Bortles and Keenum.

If the league was fixed, why would the team that has the biggest following in America, never make it past the 1st round. Don't you think the league would "fix" the games so the most popular team would be playing longer, driving up the revenue? Please, the dude whiffed on a tackle. He didn't say "Oh hell were suppose to lose, I am going to miss this tackle and make myself the ass of all jokes for the rest of my life so 1 game can be fixed". Get out of here with that.

25 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I have a hard time believing that athletes fix the games. If it is fixed it would come from the official, or coaches, or something like that. If it were fixed by players, they would write books or leak info for money. Players don't fix the games.

Also, why in the world would the league want to fix a game for Case Keenum to beat Drew Brees out? The Super Bowl would generate more money for a Brady vs Brees Super Bowl. Not Bortles and Keenum.

If the league was fixed, why would the team that has the biggest following in America, never make it past the 1st round. Don't you think the league would "fix" the games so the most popular team would be playing longer, driving up the revenue? Please, the dude whiffed on a tackle. He didn't say "Oh hell were suppose to lose, I am going to miss this tackle and make myself the ass of all jokes for the rest of my life so 1 game can be fixed". Get out of here with that.

You made very valid points and are probably right.  I just can't see how anyone makes that bad of a play.  He not only ducked his head but brought his arms in, towards his body.  Not only did he not wrap up, but he didn't even try to trip the guy.  If he just runs into the WR, the guy falls in bounds and the game is over.  Might be the worst play/non-play I've ever seen!!!

7 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

You made very valid points and are probably right.  I just can't see how anyone makes that bad of a play.  He not only ducked his head but brought his arms in, towards his body.  Not only did he not wrap up, but he didn't even try to trip the guy.  If he just runs into the WR, the guy falls in bounds and the game is over.  Might be the worst play/non-play I've ever seen!!!

HAHA I know I am with you. There are a handful of plays over time that leaves you scratching your head. All he had to do was just bring him down in bounds and it would have been over. But..... he's a rookie. 

Here is what I think happened after hearing his explanation. He said he didn't come up in time and make a play on the ball and that next time he would attack it and "go make a play".

I think he got caught in the middle of trying to attack the ball and knock it down and just making a tackle. I think he came into thinking he was going to go high for the ball or the hands and as he closed he realized he would be to late and panicked, rushed it, and made an awkward attempt at a tackle. It was horrible and he will never live it down, but I will never believe that he made himself "that guy" forever all over one game.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I have a feeling the NBC brass are popping antacids right now and praying the Pats pull this out in the second half...

How many flags were thrown against the Pats? Answer......ONE. Jacksonville was the 2nd best team at getting to the QB and Brady had all day to throw most of the game. How do we not get holding calls against the Pats? Simply amazing.Brady's last two drives were done by the flag.

You are right. The brass wants the Pats to win and they get all the help in the world. 

I don't care if people call me a crybaby or not. They know what I say is true and laugh it off as just being football.

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

How many flags were thrown against the Pats? Answer......ONE. Jacksonville was the 2nd best team at getting to the QB and Brady had all day to throw most of the game. How do we not get holding calls against the Pats? Simply amazing.Brady's last two drives were done by the flag.

You are right. The brass wants the Pats to win and they get all the help in the world. 

I don't care if people call me a crybaby or not. They know what I say is true and laugh it off as just being football.

Millions and millions of dollars were at stake.  If someone does’t think a Jags vs Vikings or Eagles Super Bowl would severely effect the bottom line, he or she is the naíve one...

30 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Millions and millions of dollars were at stake.  If someone does’t think a Jags vs Vikings or Eagles Super Bowl would severely effect the bottom line, he or she is the naíve one...

True, I don't' disagree at all with the money, except that the Pats have had their run-ins with Goodell. I am looking at it from a bookie angle. The Minnesota game was -5 1/2. Had they kicked and made the last extra point, anyone betting Minnesota would have won. Instead they took a knee and those who bet the underdog Saints won. I don't know the line for the Pats game but I would bet that it was 3 1/3. Yeah, I know. Loser's mentality. But when I bet with the bookies, I didn't have big money to bet on just a single game. I had to try and hit 3 and 4 teamers, with the occasional 5 teamer. This is when you can see the rigging. All it takes is one game to kill your ticket, and that 1/2 point is murder.

Side note: Bet a college game and I was getting 49 points. I said I would take 49 points and anybody. You guessed it, they lost by 50. Too coincidental to be coincidence.

I know what you are saying about better matchups meaning more revenue. I'm just saying it goes way deeper than that sometimes.

23 minutes ago, baddog said:

True, I don't' disagree at all with the money, except that the Pats have had their run-ins with Goodell. I am looking at it from a bookie angle. The Minnesota game was -5 1/2. Had they kicked and made the last extra point, anyone betting Minnesota would have won. Instead they took a knee and those who bet the underdog Saints won. I don't know the line for the Pats game but I would bet that it was 3 1/3. Yeah, I know. Loser's mentality. But when I bet with the bookies, I didn't have big money to bet on just a single game. I had to try and hit 3 and 4 teamers, with the occasional 5 teamer. This is when you can see the rigging. All it takes is one game to kill your ticket, and that 1/2 point is murder.

Side note: Bet a college game and I was getting 49 points. I said I would take 49 points and anybody. You guessed it, they lost by 50. Too coincidental to be coincidence.

I know what you are saying about better matchups meaning more revenue. I'm just saying it goes way deeper than that sometimes.

Line was NE -7.5 for today's game

16 hours ago, baddog said:

Patriots -7.5

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Hey, I would have won.

I have lots of bookie stories to tell but no one would believe me.

I don't doubt there are some bad beats. No question. One guy on here last week was saying the Saints player missed the tackle at the end on purpose for the same reasons your describing. Moral of the story, don't bet with a bookie haha