What is your favorite memory of the 2017 season

NHSBulldogFan

The teams I followed this year was Silsbee and Central.  For Silsbee, it was the exact point right after the HUGE LC-M, when the personnel decision was made which allowed Silsbee to reel off like 6 or 7 straight games to take district

Central, it was the huge win against the major thorn in our side, Nederland.

Another favorite was me following this Newton team after they beat Silsbee and me saying this team will be a runaway freight train to state, and seeing it happen that same way.  

For me a personal thing, my G'son catching a fumble on a kickoff in the air against Iola and returning it for a TD which would have given Evadale the District title, even though the Ref blew an inadvertent whistle (or blew the call) and it was called back.  The great runs by Newton & WOS.  Last, but not least, the SC game between Manvel and Highland Park.  Good gosh, what a HS football game.

My best memory of this year and what will always stick out in my mind? How the kids, coaches, families, and communities dealt with and helped in the recovery of Hurricane Harvey. It was impressive to see how neighbors helped neighbors, strangers helped strangers and teams helped teams. Many of our players will remember this and hopefully carry this with them forever, so proud. 

So many for me this year.

- Roschon Johnson's heroics vs. Crosby

- Newton state title and W.T. Johnston reaction

- WO-S 40-game win streak

- Mid-County Madness

- PN-G vs. Memorial

- Seeing all the teams come back from Harvey. I was given some incredible access to teams like Vidor, Hardin-Jefferson and Sabine Pass.

Probably more I can't think of off the top of my head.

I enjoyed watching my grandson playing regularly on Fridays. And especially watching him have a descent MCM game in front of a lot of out of town family that hadn't been able to see him this year. Really thankful that he will have these memories for the rest of his life. He was #30. There were many others, but this was my favorite.