All district awards

MoFo

On 12/23/2017 at 10:17 AM, MoFo said:

I can remember a time when the all district awards meant something. I know what you're thinking Mofo is butt hurt. Actually just the opposite my son is on the list and he and I both know he shouldn't be. He had 2 receptions during regular season. Bring back the days when these awards were an honor to receive. 

I’m in the same boat kinda.  I don’t mind the Honorable Mention part.  But it should be. My boy got HM in district 21-6A but so did a bunch of others that in my eyes took what ever meaning it had away. I already knew 1st or second team was gonna be a reach in our district with him being only a sophomore.

22 1st team 

22 2nd 

22 or less HM’s 

52 minutes ago, GCM-RG74-WR8 said:

I’m in the same boat kinda.  I don’t mind the Honorable Mention part.  But it should be. My boy got HM in district 21-6A but so did a bunch of others that in my eyes took what ever meaning it had away. I already knew 1st or second team was gonna be a reach in our district with him being only a sophomore.

22 1st team 

22 2nd 

22 or less HM’s 

I agree.  Last year, my Son got honorable mention, this year, First team all defense.  

1 hour ago, MoFo said:

Pick 11 for offense, 11 for defense for both 1st and 2nd team. Make the award mean something again. You can put as many as you want on honorable mention list 

But wouldn't some players get short changed?  You want 11 players both sides.  Ok, cool.  What do you want?  4 D linemen, 3 linebackers, 2 CB's, 2 Safeties?

Offense, 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, and 5 o-linemen?  Ok, what do you do with teams that run 5-2 defenses?  3-4 defenses? 3-3-5?  Nickel?  Dime?  I'm offense, you have wing-t that have No WRs...  You have teams that run spread with 4 wr's, 1 rb, no TE? Still 11 on both sides?  And some districts you have all spread teams.  Some districts, you have majority wing-t or slot - t teams...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But wouldn't some players get short changed?  You want 11 players both sides.  Ok, cool.  What do you want?  4 D linemen, 3 linebackers, 2 CB's, 2 Safeties?

Offense, 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, and 5 o-linemen?  Ok, what do you do with teams that run 5-2 defenses?  3-4 defenses? 3-3-5?  Nickel?  Dime?  I'm offense, you have wing-t that have No WRs...  You have teams that run spread with 4 wr's, 1 rb, no TE? Still 11 on both sides?  And some districts you have all spread teams.  Some districts, you have majority wing-t or slot - t teams...

I get your point, but something needs to be done. These awards have become a joke. My son told me a baseball kid made it last year that only played in 2 games.... 

1 hour ago, MoFo said:

I get your point, but something needs to be done. These awards have become a joke. My son told me a baseball kid made it last year that only played in 2 games.... 

District 21-5A has 18 kids on 1st team & 20 kids on 2nd team. I think that's fair for a district with 9 teams. I don't think that's watered down.