Thank you

DannyShapiroBE

16 hours ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

Thank you to everyone who has followed along and read my stories this season. I really appreciate it and I had a blast covering everything.

Danny, thank you for bringing SPORTS reporting back to the Beaumont Enterprise! I know that some here are not happy with things that you did and I understand why that is.  But after the National Enquirer-type "reporting" of your predecessor, your ability to stick to the story on the field has been a breath of fresh air.

And I know it is not easy, as I know that while your style is appreciated by many here, it is definitely not the flavor preferred at the Enterprise.  I read the email from BE editor Timothy Kelly to that angry father and I have never seen a more arrogant, condescending e-mail in my life.  And Mr. Kelly's taste seems to be something that the others at the Enterprise seem to revel in.  Such as when the Enterprise determined that a completely "newsworthy detail" of a man in San Antonio who was arrested for human trafficking was that he once played football at WO-S.  Then as Mustangs made news, front page news, not for the fact that young men were representing Southeast Texas in the playoffs but for the fact that the WO-C ISD decided not to have class so that people of the Orange community could support those boys in Katy and that it had the potential to "cause" many problems.

Again, Danny, I appreciate your hard work and putting the sports back into sports reporting at the Enterprise.  But as the editor seems enamored with yellow dog journalism rather than true news reporting, I fear that the pressure on you will be increased for you to change your ways.

Stay strong, Danny!

On 12/23/2017 at 9:19 PM, DannyShapiroBE said:

Thank you to everyone who has followed along and read my stories this season. I really appreciate it and I had a blast covering everything.

Good job man.  I wish Baytown had someone that would cover our football the way you guys do out there.  Win or lose you cover it.  Baytown don’t even know who the teams are with the lack of coverage we get.  

Keep doing what what you do.  It’s nice to see. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

*Roll eyes*

Come on Soulja, a simple “thank you for all the hard work” would suffice. Despite you blasting him for every ranking he relseased this year because they didn’t match with your expert opinion, he still did a good job of trying to cover football this year and write several articles, giving the teams, players, and coaches the publicity that they deserve.

Good job Danny, thanks for your efforts. Looking forward to next year.

21 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Come on Soulja, a simple “thank you for all the hard work” would suffice. Despite you blasting him for every ranking he relseased this year because they didn’t match with your expert opinion, he still did a good job of trying to cover football this year and write several articles, giving the teams, players, and coaches the publicity that they deserve.

Good job Danny, thanks for your efforts. Looking forward to next year.

He's got a reason not to like me and I really don't care if he changes his opinion, honestly. But I do appreciate your sentiments!

On December 23, 2017 at 9:19 PM, DannyShapiroBE said:

Great job Danny.  I was thrilled to be able to assist you in what little way I could.  There just seems to be a void in local sports reporting.  How refreshing to see someone trying to fill it.  Now I hope the Beaumont Enterprise will realize what an asset you are to them and the communities you cover.

6 hours ago, REBgp said:

Great job Danny.  I was thrilled to be able to assist you in what little way I could.  There just seems to be a void in local sports reporting.  How refreshing to see someone trying to fill it.  Now I hope the Beaumont Enterprise will realize what an asset you are to them and the communities you cover.

the void in local sports reporting is an understatement. some are just painful to watch.