Goodman out at Navasota

RattlerBlue

15 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Is it me?  Or did anybody else hear laughter coming out of somewhere in the College Station ISD?

I think you can spin many ways; but, Fedora is where he always wanted to be, back at A&M Consolidated.

In my opinion, Goodman was handed the job probably at the recommendation of Fedora. The same thing happened when Goodman was promoted to the head basketball job without any real prior head coaching experience. He was not a good fit. It was a slap in the face for many of Rattler Naton when the district didn’t put much “effort” in hiring of a more qualified coach. After wining two championship in three years and 7-8 consecutive years of making at least the quarterfinals, Navasota deserved better.

I know some good coaches who will be applying. Hopefully we’ll be back playing late November early December football very soon. 

D'oh!

Be careful what you wish for.  The downside is that it might be a little tougher to lure in a top candidate after the way that the board treated Fedora.  I mean, if they'll run off a coach with Fedora's after such immense success, it just seems like a really hard place to be successful whether you win or not.  

32 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

D'oh!

Be careful what you wish for.  The downside is that it might be a little tougher to lure in a top candidate after the way that the board treated Fedora.  I mean, if they'll run off a coach with Fedora's after such immense success, it just seems like a really hard place to be successful whether you win or not.  

I chuckle every time someone mentions running off Fedora.  

Fedora had one more year on his contract. Meanwhile, other educators’ contracts were ending at the end of the school year. Was it wrong to handle the more pressing contracts? 

Meanwhile, I get it. Fedora was successful... Could the school board have handled the situation differently? Probably. 

Again, Fedora is where he always wanted to be.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

D'oh!

Because of those circumstances this will become a stepping stone job instead of a destination job.

39 minutes ago, RattlerBlue said:

I chuckle every time someone mentions running off Fedora.  

Fedora had one more year on his contract. Meanwhile, other educators’ contracts were ending at the end of the school year. Was it wrong to handle the more pressing contracts? 

Meanwhile, I get it. Fedora was successful... Could the school board have handled the situation differently? Probably. 

Again, Fedora is where he always wanted to be.

Yes, but it should have been a rubber stamp on Fedora based on the success he had there.

7 minutes ago, LOUD and Proud said:

Because of those circumstances this will become a stepping stone job instead of a destination job.

Yes, but it should have been a rubber stamp on Fedora based on the success he had there.

Jerry Jones said it best when he said that "500 guys could coach this team to a super bowl."  Then he fired Jimmie Johnson and the rest is history.  Uneventful history.  

Not only did the Rattlers lose a proven championship coach, they have probably poisoned the well as far as attracting another coach of Fedora's caliber.   

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Jerry Jones said it best when he said that "500 guys could coach this team to a super bowl."  Then he fired Jimmie Johnson and the rest is history.  Uneventful history.  

Um, then he prooved himself correct when Barry Switzer got a Super Bowl ring while woofing down hot dogs on the sidelines!

On 12/21/2017 at 11:09 AM, RattlerBlue said:
On 12/21/2017 at 1:58 PM, Bears in Hibernation said:

At least Navasota school board is in pursuit of getting back to finding a winning coach. I wish other school boards would take notice.

Great question. Heck we're keeping a coach that's racked up 7 total wins his first 2 seasons and broke a 20 year playoff streak. He did continue his streak of not making the playoffs this year though and followed up a 4 win season last year with 3 wins this year. Dude from Navasota must not know the right people.

28 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Great question. Heck we're keeping a coach that's racked up 7 total wins his first 2 seasons and broke a 20 year playoff streak. He did continue his streak of not making the playoffs this year though and followed up a 4 win season last year with 3 wins this year. Dude from Navasota must not know the right people.

Yeah I hear ya. I’m pretty sure our coach is under 500 but he’s 4th highest paid in the area.