For the trickle down critics

stevenash

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Lefties won't acknowledge this as a good thing or that it is Trump's doing.

...who cares!

Not one single solitary Democrat voted for this bill. I think that says everything I need to know. The dims don't have my back. Never have.

When I look at Pelosi and Schumer, I wonder how anyone could follow that. Pelosi didn't even know where she is and Schumer is a fake crybaby.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, stevenash said:

This is the hidden content, please

This money is not coming out of Walmart's profits.  This money that's being past on to the employees is money that would have normally gone to the government.  These employees are also going to get a tax cut which will mean even more money for them.  And let's not let anyone forget:  Not one Democrat voted for this tax cut!

Actually its pretty simple.  On the typical lefty "stimulus" it is funded with some sort of tax- in other words, they take money out of the economy(via taxes) and return it to the economy via their "stimulus".  Net change is zero.  In this case, money is coming from outside the economy( government) and being circulated within the economy.  Free market invariably works better than government intervention.

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

This money is not coming out of Walmart's profits.  This money that's being past on to the employees is money that would have normally gone to the government.  These employees are also going to get a tax cut which will mean even more money for them.  And let's not let anyone forget:  Not one Democrat voted for this tax cut!

I would like to hear from those that think this tax cut was a bad idea.  

13 hours ago, stevenash said:

walmart not responding to this.  Doesn’t fit the narrative...

For the record, that’s not a comment on the tax cut.  I have a strong aversion against Walmart in general but am very happy for those employees who got raises.  

Did United Technologies Corporation or its brand, Carrier Corporation, benefit from tax reform?  If yes, can they use those tax savings to help the people in Indiana that will soon be out of work?  Thumbs-up, UTC and Carrier waited until after Christmas to implement the layoffs.  Thumbs-down, shipping jobs to Mexico.  Maybe if the USA builds the wall, we can keep the people from $h%+hole countries out of the USA and we can keep manufacturing jobs inside the USA?

Wasn't Carrier in trouble anyway? I, for one, would never buy a Carrier unit. I had a terrible experience with the one I had. Yep, let anyone step in and try to save a company and American jobs at a company having problems and if there is no solution, blame the man who tried to help. How easy is that? Isn't that where the term scapegoat comes in to play?

I am not aware of UTC/Carrier being in any financial trouble.  Carrier is one of the leaders in market share for commercial and residential HVAC products/equipment.  Aside from your personal experience with a Carrier product, many people are buying their products/equipment.  I found it interesting that approximately one year ago President Trump took credit for saving American jobs.  Props to President Trump for putting the issue of jobs on his agenda and getting Carrier to stay open for business in Indiana for an additional year.  Now, those jobs are adios.  UTC/Carrier is eliminating some jobs due to automation and moving other jobs south of the border to increase profits and shareholder value.  I get that.  Still, it stings for the man or woman holding that Carrier job in Indiana.  Compassion for fellow Americans is not a weakness.  I'd rather Americans in Indiana working those jobs versus someone else in Mexico or overseas.

I know...the next argument from the far right is..."it's the fault of unions!"  "Carrier is leaving Indiana because the unions force companies to pay high wages to lazy workers!"  "There are no unions in Mexico...automation systems don't unionize!"  I agree to an extent.  We need find common ground for our country's manufacturing sector to continue its production and dare I say, growth.

If UTC/Carrier benefited from tax reform, I hope it trickles down to the shareholders and to the working man/woman.  That's all.  Peace.

56 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

I am not aware of UTC/Carrier being in any financial trouble.  Carrier is one of the leaders in market share for commercial and residential HVAC products/equipment.  Aside from your personal experience with a Carrier product, many people are buying their products/equipment.  I found it interesting that approximately one year ago President Trump took credit for saving American jobs.  Props to President Trump for putting the issue of jobs on his agenda and getting Carrier to stay open for business in Indiana for an additional year.  Now, those jobs are adios.  UTC/Carrier is eliminating some jobs due to automation and moving other jobs south of the border to increase profits and shareholder value.  I get that.  Still, it stings for the man or woman holding that Carrier job in Indiana.  Compassion for fellow Americans is not a weakness.  I'd rather Americans in Indiana working those jobs versus someone else in Mexico or overseas.

I know...the next argument from the far right is..."it's the fault of unions!"  "Carrier is leaving Indiana because the unions force companies to pay high wages to lazy workers!"  "There are no unions in Mexico...automation systems don't unionize!"  I agree to an extent.  We need find common ground for our country's manufacturing sector to continue its production and dare I say, growth.

If UTC/Carrier benefited from tax reform, I hope it trickles down to the shareholders and to the working man/woman.  That's all.  Peace.

Very good. Still don't see how Trump is to blame. Not trying to be argumentative, just don't understand the finger pointing to Trump. He's not perfect, far from it, but I believe he is genuine in his attempts to keep American companies here.

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Very good. Still don't see how Trump is to blame. Not trying to be argumentative, just don't understand the finger pointing to Trump. He's not perfect, far from it, but I believe he is genuine in his attempts to keep American companies here.

It’s not his fault...all he can do is lift some of the burden with tax cuts.  What they do after that is not on him.

Too many folks think the main priority for a company is to create jobs, it’s not. The priority is to make money...if the jobs come with profit, great.