Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevenash

For the trickle down critics

21 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Lefties won't acknowledge this as a good thing or that it is Trump's doing.

...who cares!

Not one single solitary Democrat voted for this bill. I think that says everything I need to know. The dims don't have my back. Never have.

When I look at Pelosi and Schumer, I wonder how anyone could follow that. Pelosi didn't even know where she is and Schumer is a fake crybaby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So that's how it works?  I thought gov simply waved a magic wand and pulled a random number out of thin air.

So far, it hasn't trickled for me. My 401k has been more like Niagra Falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baddog said:

So far, it hasn't trickled for me. My 401k has been more like Niagra Falls.

Only New Tobies 401-k does not seem to be growing satisfactorily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stevenash said:

This money is not coming out of Walmart's profits.  This money that's being past on to the employees is money that would have normally gone to the government.  These employees are also going to get a tax cut which will mean even more money for them.  And let's not let anyone forget:  Not one Democrat voted for this tax cut!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually its pretty simple.  On the typical lefty "stimulus" it is funded with some sort of tax- in other words, they take money out of the economy(via taxes) and return it to the economy via their "stimulus".  Net change is zero.  In this case, money is coming from outside the economy( government) and being circulated within the economy.  Free market invariably works better than government intervention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reagan said:

This money is not coming out of Walmart's profits.  This money that's being past on to the employees is money that would have normally gone to the government.  These employees are also going to get a tax cut which will mean even more money for them.  And let's not let anyone forget:  Not one Democrat voted for this tax cut!

I would like to hear from those that think this tax cut was a bad idea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stevenash said:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/11/news/companies/walmart-sams-club-pr-mess/index.html

walmart not responding to this.  Doesn’t fit the narrative...

For the record, that’s not a comment on the tax cut.  I have a strong aversion against Walmart in general but am very happy for those employees who got raises.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing but armchair quarterback suggesting that he knows a better way to handle the business.  Based upon what Walmart has built and the number of people they employ in this country, I'll just go with Walmart fully understanding that you cant please everybody all of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did United Technologies Corporation or its brand, Carrier Corporation, benefit from tax reform?  If yes, can they use those tax savings to help the people in Indiana that will soon be out of work?  Thumbs-up, UTC and Carrier waited until after Christmas to implement the layoffs.  Thumbs-down, shipping jobs to Mexico.  Maybe if the USA builds the wall, we can keep the people from $h%+hole countries out of the USA and we can keep manufacturing jobs inside the USA?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/08/more-layoffs-planned-at-carrier-plant-trump-promised-to-save.html

 

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/01/10/new-layoffs-at-indiana-carrier-factory-year-after-trump-deal.html

TxHoops likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Carrier in trouble anyway? I, for one, would never buy a Carrier unit. I had a terrible experience with the one I had. Yep, let anyone step in and try to save a company and American jobs at a company having problems and if there is no solution, blame the man who tried to help. How easy is that? Isn't that where the term scapegoat comes in to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not aware of UTC/Carrier being in any financial trouble.  Carrier is one of the leaders in market share for commercial and residential HVAC products/equipment.  Aside from your personal experience with a Carrier product, many people are buying their products/equipment.  I found it interesting that approximately one year ago President Trump took credit for saving American jobs.  Props to President Trump for putting the issue of jobs on his agenda and getting Carrier to stay open for business in Indiana for an additional year.  Now, those jobs are adios.  UTC/Carrier is eliminating some jobs due to automation and moving other jobs south of the border to increase profits and shareholder value.  I get that.  Still, it stings for the man or woman holding that Carrier job in Indiana.  Compassion for fellow Americans is not a weakness.  I'd rather Americans in Indiana working those jobs versus someone else in Mexico or overseas.

I know...the next argument from the far right is..."it's the fault of unions!"  "Carrier is leaving Indiana because the unions force companies to pay high wages to lazy workers!"  "There are no unions in Mexico...automation systems don't unionize!"  I agree to an extent.  We need find common ground for our country's manufacturing sector to continue its production and dare I say, growth.

If UTC/Carrier benefited from tax reform, I hope it trickles down to the shareholders and to the working man/woman.  That's all.  Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

I am not aware of UTC/Carrier being in any financial trouble.  Carrier is one of the leaders in market share for commercial and residential HVAC products/equipment.  Aside from your personal experience with a Carrier product, many people are buying their products/equipment.  I found it interesting that approximately one year ago President Trump took credit for saving American jobs.  Props to President Trump for putting the issue of jobs on his agenda and getting Carrier to stay open for business in Indiana for an additional year.  Now, those jobs are adios.  UTC/Carrier is eliminating some jobs due to automation and moving other jobs south of the border to increase profits and shareholder value.  I get that.  Still, it stings for the man or woman holding that Carrier job in Indiana.  Compassion for fellow Americans is not a weakness.  I'd rather Americans in Indiana working those jobs versus someone else in Mexico or overseas.

I know...the next argument from the far right is..."it's the fault of unions!"  "Carrier is leaving Indiana because the unions force companies to pay high wages to lazy workers!"  "There are no unions in Mexico...automation systems don't unionize!"  I agree to an extent.  We need find common ground for our country's manufacturing sector to continue its production and dare I say, growth.

If UTC/Carrier benefited from tax reform, I hope it trickles down to the shareholders and to the working man/woman.  That's all.  Peace.

Very good. Still don't see how Trump is to blame. Not trying to be argumentative, just don't understand the finger pointing to Trump. He's not perfect, far from it, but I believe he is genuine in his attempts to keep American companies here.

LumRaiderFan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, baddog said:

Very good. Still don't see how Trump is to blame. Not trying to be argumentative, just don't understand the finger pointing to Trump. He's not perfect, far from it, but I believe he is genuine in his attempts to keep American companies here.

It’s not his fault...all he can do is lift some of the burden with tax cuts.  What they do after that is not on him.

Too many folks think the main priority for a company is to create jobs, it’s not. The priority is to make money...if the jobs come with profit, great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Posts

    • PNG@Dayton
      Liberty kids staying in liberty now?
    • MLB Playoffs
      A lot of over managing going on these days.
    • CROSBY FOOTBALL/ATHLETICS
      Wow, that is impressive. 
    • 22-4A Predictions
      #1 HJ - I would say is the clear favorite in this district. They have 4 returning starters, including last years Beaumont Enterprise Super gold player of the year, Tanisha Smalls. Then you have the Freshman phenom being added to the mix, not to mention this group has played a lot of ball together from a young age. #2 Silsbee - They are quick, strong and physical, will make some noise and go two to three rounds deep in playoffs #3 LCM - Talented group that has a Jr who was select Freshman of the year and I believe received a superlative again last year.  #4 Lumberton - They are young, have lost some talent, have I believe 2 starters returning or at least 2 that played significant minutes, with a couple more Sophomores filling in to solidify the team. They having a winning culture there and I think it will continue. #5 BC - They lost top two or three players to graduation last year and I don’t know if the talent is their to replace them. #6 HF - Third coach in three years and showed a lot of heart in the games I watched them play last year, but the winning culture in HF basketball is not there anymore. #7 WOS - Dont know much about them, I believe they struggled last year and don’t know of any young ones in that area to step up and make a difference.   By all means correct me if any information is incorrect or if you have information to add.
    • Hull-Daisetta at Deweyville
      True that Kountze is a different ball team without Adams. HD was still a couple scores better than the Lions even with them missing him in my opinion. That prediction is also based on comparisons with Evadale outcomes as mentioned earlier. Rebs beat the Pirates by 8 and the Oilers by 6 so I’d think WH and DV are somewhere in the same ballpark with each other and HD beat WH 34-0. We shall see in about 36 hours 
  • Topics