Texarkana Pleasant Grove 41 West Orange-Stark 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Sportsguy17 said:

Im not a couch but If wos would of used there qb the right way it would. Of been different. You cant cant run him on straight qb runs if you run him on when the wr run roughts he has all kinds if running room. SMH. Good game of. Hope to see you next year

The WOS team this year, was like the team when Beasley was QB. The team relied heavily on the QB keeper. Why they tried to run that up the middle tonight, was beyond me. Those PG hands had superglue on them. Once they touched, they did not let go. Watson got his passing working, for the most part, in the 4th quarter, but, you can't start playing in the 4th quarter, in a state final. 

Congratulations to the WOS Mustangs on a great year and a great run. I would love for my football team to make just one state championship...you've been to four in a row. Unfortunately, I think the Mustangs just ran into a better team tonight. Pleasant Grove impressed me with how hard they played on both sides of the ball. Great game!!!

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Not in college or high school.  Ball is dead once it crosses the goal line.

Actually, it is dead when it hits the ground in the end zone, not when it crosses the goal line in the air and is caught. 

Congrats to the Mustangs on a great run, it hardly means your Dynasty is over, nor that we are one now. 

But, for now, until the next Season, we have beat the Man to be The Man. 

I, as many fans were, was nervous in the latter parts, when the only real weakness PG has shown was exploited for some Passing gains. 

It really appeared like the game was switching Mo, and WOS was going to show what Champions do. They made it a great game. 

However, for this year, I think respect and recognition goes to the Hawks. We expect that WOS fans are going to be Homers for their boys, just as we are. We all just love our own schools and football. 

Many of us, if we were in the same school would be great buds with that in common. For me, after the game, there is no animosity or rancor. Win or lose, It is good that as far as I could tell, nobody got hurt, and I hope we all get home safely. 

6 minutes ago, HawkNation said:

Actually, it is dead when it hits the ground in the end zone, not when it crosses the goal line in the air and is caught. 

Congrats to the Mustangs on a great run, it hardly means your Dynasty is over, nor that we are one now. 

But, for now, until the next Season, we have beat the Man to be The Man. 

I, as many fans were, was nervous in the latter parts, when the only real weakness PG has shown was exploited for some Passing gains. 

It really appeared like the game was switching Mo, and WOS was going to show what Champions do. They made it a great game. 

However, for this year, I think respect and recognition goes to the Hawks. We expect that WOS fans are going to be Homers for their boys, just as we are. We all just love our own schools and football. 

Many of us, if we were in the same school would be great buds with that in common. For me, after the game, there is no animosity or rancor. Win or lose, It is good that as far as I could tell, nobody got hurt, and I hope we all get home safely. 

CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT WIN FOR YOUR PROGRAM AND COMMUNITY-- YOUR KIDS SHOWED NOTHING BUT CLASS

I don't think I'm alone in suspecting WOS may not win today.  Has nothing to do with the coaching staff, which I confidently say is one of the best in the state.  Nor with the team, which were overachievers.  But for a school WOS size to lose so many starters and win another SC, was a tough row to hoe.  And that being said, everyone that was backing this Mustang team, should be exceptionally proud of them.  They exceeded all the experts projections.  They did more with heart than most schools can do with talent.  Jmo

And for our lone Hawk poster, congrats to them on winning that first SC.  Great coach there also.  They were truly impressive.

Great season Mustangs!  Nothing to hang your head about.  Can’t and will not win them all.

If you ask me, taking a team with 2 returning starters to the state title game is great coaching, and a testament to Coach T and the staff.  Not many people picked them to be this far, and not many coaches could have done the job he did.

This Mustang team wasn’t gonna beat Pleasant Grove today if Tom Landry was coaching them.  Too small!

12 hours ago, oldage football said:

nope you never never complain about coaching -- never lol

You like me, don't you. Almost everyone of those posts, addresses penalties. And, the rest address player actions, not the coaching. Now, if they were calling the plays from the sidelines, and telling then to run up the middle into the beehive, then that is a coaching error. 

6 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Great season Mustangs!  Nothing to hang your head about.  Can’t and will not win them all.

If you ask me, taking a team with 2 returning starters to the state title game is great coaching, and a testament to Coach T and the staff.  Not many people picked them to be this far, and not many coaches could have done the job he did.

This Mustang team wasn’t gonna beat Pleasant Grove today if Tom Landry was coaching them.  Too small!

I think they could have won, but I also think that of they played PG 5 times, they would have lost 3 of the games. Our secondary made the same mistakes against Wimberly, in letting receivers get too far out in front.  I was impressed by the WOS line, both ways. They did  great job against big players. It is hard to be successful against such a well disciplined team as PG, I think they only had 2 penalties all night. WOS, managed to get the offsides penalties narrowed down, but the holding penalties are still there. That illegal formation penalty was a killer. Chad Dallas should have been taking snaps on the pass plays. But, I tell you, not many people thought this team would go near this far. They did, and I still support them.

9 hours ago, robanadana said:

Congratulations to the WOS Mustangs on a great year and a great run. I would love for my football team to make just one state championship...you've been to four in a row. Unfortunately, I think the Mustangs just ran into a better team tonight. Pleasant Grove impressed me with how hard they played on both sides of the ball. Great game!!!

That's right take it in the chin reload and start a new run next year nothing to be ashamed of hats off to pg, ha I keep wanting to type png .But i was a little that manvel gave it up

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

You like me, don't you. Almost everyone of those posts, addresses penalties. And, the rest address player actions, not the coaching. Now, if they were calling the plays from the sidelines, and telling then to run up the middle into the beehive, then that is a coaching error. 

Look forget the refs forget the coaching because if we had won nobody would be talking about ethier, bottom line we made wayyy too many mistakes and pg made us pay for it and we got man handle but fought to the end that's the truth, they had out number last night so we can sit here and cry about or we can support our boys and tell them too spit the blood out get get back there next December and hope pg makes it back to for a rematch in that ugly a$$ stadium 

It's never easy to take a loss this far into the season, but when it's obvious the opposing team outplayed you, the inevitable reaction is to tip your hat and acknowledge the better team won. 

You could take the time to dissect this game and look at ways that WO-S could have made the game closer or even won it. It was a winnable game, but ONLY if we would have played mistake-free football. For example - 1) overthrown passes in the first half (at least one would have been a TD); 2) play calling to include WR screens and more runs to the strong side and less between the tackles; 3) stopping PG from converting so many third downs; 4) penalties that cost WO-S a TD, a big 4th down conversion (fake punt), and long yardage situations; 5) blown coverage on PG's first play from scrimmage; 6) three turnovers (two pick 6's late)...those are some that I noticed. But, in the end PG earned the victory because they EXECUTED their offense and defense better than WO-S did. 

This year's version of WO-S football had a smaller margin for error, especially on the offensive side of the ball. We were able to make it this far despite that, but yesterday we ran into a team who was good enough to make us pay for it. It's also worth noting that PG had zero turnovers. I am a WO-S Mustang for life, but today was Pleasant Grove's day. Congratulations to the Hawks on earning your first state championship. 

39 minutes ago, griff said:

It's never easy to take a loss this far into the season, but when it's obvious the opposing team outplayed you, the inevitable reaction is to tip your hat and acknowledge the better team won. 

You could take the time to dissect this game and look at ways that WO-S could have made the game closer or even won it. It was a winnable game, but ONLY if we would have played mistake-free football. For example - 1) overthrown passes in the first half (at least one would have been a TD); 2) play calling to include WR screens and more runs to the strong side and less between the tackles; 3) stopping PG from converting so many third downs; 4) penalties that cost WO-S a TD, a big 4th down conversion (fake punt), and long yardage situations; 5) blown coverage on PG's first play from scrimmage; 6) three turnovers (two pick 6's late)...those are some that I noticed. But, in the end PG earned the victory because they EXECUTED their offense and defense better than WO-S did. 

This year's version of WO-S football had a smaller margin for error, especially on the offensive side of the ball. We were able to make it this far despite that, but yesterday we ran into a team who was good enough to make us pay for it. It's also worth noting that PG had zero turnovers. I am a WO-S Mustang for life, but today was Pleasant Grove's day. Congratulations to the Hawks on earning your first state championship. 

Thank You Griff, you said everything I wanted to say and more. WOS Mustangs you guys are my hero, because no one expected you to be in the State Championship game except  a few of us faithful. You are achievers no matter what the score showed last night. Get Ready for next year because I know tradition and pursuit with never die. 

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Thank You Griff, you said everything I wanted to say and more. WOS Mustangs you guys are my hero, because no one expected you to be in the State Championship game except  a few of us faithful. You are achievers no matter what the score showed last night. Get Ready for next year because I know tradition and pursuit with never die. 

Who didn't expect them to go to state? I sure did! Like i said in the preseason, WO-S is like Carthage now. They will have some exceptional teams and go deep. If they just have a good team, it just means that their with the rest of the pack and still have a good shot. At the end of the day, Pleasant Grove got a state title but WO-s will be right in the thick of it again.

48 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Anyone else thinks WOS is gonna make a furious comeback in 2018

The year we lost to Gilmer added even more fire to the drive for winning another one - among the players. We have two good QBs making their way through the varsity ranks, as well as several play makers who are underclassmen. The future looks good. The work starts in two weeks.