Texarkana Pleasant Grove 41 West Orange-Stark 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, XX Man said:
2 hours ago, XX Man said:
1 hour ago, XX Man said:
53 minutes ago, XX Man said:
38 minutes ago, XX Man said:

All year long, for years, I have seen way too many holding and off sides calls on WOS, and the coaches there just let it happen. And that illegal formation? Absolutely no excuse for that. WOS might score again, but no way they are going to win this one. 

If Watson can't beat them on the outside, he darn sure is not going to make it up the middle. 

48 minutes ago, XX Man said:

PG is tough, but if WOS was not busy shooting themselves in the foot with holding calls and illegal formation, this game could be tied up, right now. Someone said a few days ago, that WOS had to overcome the flags, to win this one.

I have said for years, that Dan and Cornel were not punishing the players for holding and outsides. They let them get by with it, and they keep doing it. 

WOS should have known they were going to pass the very first play. They had a point to prove. And, the WOS secondary is making the same mistake they did against Wimberly, in letting the receiver get out in front of them. If they don't stop that quick, they will lose this one. 

WOS should have known they were going to pass the very first play. They had a point to prove. And, the WOS secondary is making the same mistake they did against Wimberly, in letting the receiver get out in front of them. If they don't stop that quick, they will lose this one. 

nope you never never complain about coaching -- never lol

6 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

99.9% of the teams in Texas wish they had WOS problems and coaching.

I really can't understand the criticism.  I can understand the frustration at losing.  But it had nothing to do with the coaching.  It has everything with the fact that Pleasant Grove was better.  They executed better and made less mistakes than the Mustangs.  That formula usually equals a win and it did again today.

I would like to say from a person that truly admires High School dynasties.......WOS is the true definition of that. That is a program to be proud of and I know you are. You lost in the title game, but those kids never quit. NEVER. Even when all odds were against them they never quit. That's something that all WOS fans should be proud of. Congratulations guys on a GREAT RUN. Y'all have lots of talent and I don't think we are even close to seeing the end of this. 

On another note XXman you should find another hobby. Football makes you miserable and you should find something that makes life a little more enjoyable. You bitched and whined and moaned about everything those coaches and kids did. It's easy to be a fan when all is good. Those kids deserve better than that. 

6 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I really can't understand the criticism.  I can understand the frustration at losing.  But it had nothing to do with the coaching.  It has everything with the fact that Pleasant Grove was better.  They executed better and made less mistakes than the Mustangs.  That formula usually equals a win and it did again today.

I can't understand why you can't run a pass play deep then run the qb in a delay just like Texas use to to with Vince young. I know Watson ain't Vince young but on every pass play he threw I incomplete most of them he could of run for alot of yards. 

5 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

I can't understand why you can't run a pass play deep then run the qb in a delay just like Texas use to to with Vince young. I know Watson ain't Vince young but on every pass play he threw I incomplete most of them he could of run for alot of yards. 

Did you see what happened when Chaka ran?  Did you see the hits he took?  Pleasant Grove Hawks were ALL over them.  Most rushing plays most passing plays.

I don't what some of y'all were watching today, but it certainly wasn't the game I just saw!  I saw a great team that ran into an even better team and that better team won.

9 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

I’m sure coach Thompson (who has led this team to 4 straight state championship appearances ) knows the reason. That’s all that matters :-)

Some time it's just not your day. WOS made some mistakes, maybe some of the play calling could have been more aggressive BUT that Pleasant Grove team was extremely good, very well coached and they deserved to win today.

I think WOS ran into a larger version of themselves and couldn't WILL their way to a victory. They gave a hell of an effort and NEVER QUIT.

10 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Did you see what happened when Chaka ran?  Did you see the hits he took?  Pleasant Grove Hawks were ALL over them.  Most rushing plays most passing plays.

I don't what some of y'all were watching today, but it certainly wasn't the game I just saw!  I saw a great team that ran into an even better team and that better team won.

If you re watch the game in that first half on some of his big incomplete passes if he would of saw the room I front of him he could of got some big yardage. But it's over. We will be back. Next year

Great season Mustangs. I just hate that it ended like this.

What happened to the wide receiver screen that is called 20 times a game until everyone is sick of seeing it but still gaining 5-10 yards a play? Today was the time to use it. Make the big boys run sideline to sideline. Did not call it any. Chaka was scared, let him dump it off to the speedsters.

Got to give it to them, PG was as good as advertised. Could not get them off the field on 3rd down and couldn't convert one.

WO-S does an excellent job slowing down the run in the Wing-T. But they have been prone to giving up big plays, and this team was too good to spot them 14. I know it's near blasphemy to question the WO-S staff, but I could have told you they were going to run that slot receiver pass over the top on the 1st play. They love that play from the highlights I've seen. This was probably not the game for 11 in the box to stop the run (i.e. Liberty) but should have been about keeping assignments. You should pick up that guy running past you, grab him if you have to lol.

And not to whine about penalties, but if you're gonna call that takedown block by our center a hold, then you have to call it on their RT hooking our guy on that last 3rd down pass by PG when it was 28-21.

But that's not why WO-S lost. PG deserved it. Great year Stangs. Come back and get after 'em next year.

30 minutes ago, ManiacAlum2000 said:

Got to give it to them, PG was as good as advertised. Could not get them off the field on 3rd down and couldn't convert one.

WO-S does an excellent job slowing down the run in the Wing-T. But they have been prone to giving up big plays, and this team was too good to spot them 14. I know it's near blasphemy to question the WO-S staff, but I could have told you they were going to run that slot receiver pass over the top on the 1st play. They love that play from the highlights I've seen. This was probably not the game for 11 in the box to stop the run (i.e. Liberty) but should have been about keeping assignments. You should pick up that guy running past you, grab him if you have to lol.

And not to whine about penalties, but if you're gonna call that takedown block by our center a hold, then you have to call it on their RT hooking our guy on that last 3rd down pass by PG when it was 28-21.

But that's not why WO-S lost. PG deserved it. Great year Stangs. Come back and get after 'em next year.

Im not a couch but If wos would of used there qb the right way it would. Of been different. You cant cant run him on straight qb runs if you run him on when the wr run roughts he has all kinds if running room. SMH. Good game of. Hope to see you next year