Newton 40 Gunter 16/FINAL/NEWTON EAGLES - CLASS 3A, DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

WOSgrad

I cant even lie, this made me cry. Reading the story earlier this week and having been up to Newton numerous times, dealing with Coach Johnston, the players and other coaches, they always treated me nicely. I'm so happy for the town, school, team, everyone. Feels like I won a state title lol.

8 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

South East Texas Athletes at its finest...

I Propose a future matchup between W.O.S vs Newton lol...what a fun matchup that would be 

Yea they just got the athletes. Newton got some 5a athletes. Gunter and Brock just got schooled by athletic teams. I'll tell you what #10 didn't have big numbers on the season, but that dude is a legit WR. I like him on this team. Great teams always gotta have that bad-a white wideout. I love it. I really like this Newton team. Enjoyed watching them. 

I'm telling y'all Newton vs Rockdale would be a barn burner. I would take Newton though. 

4 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

I cant even lie, this made me cry. Reading the story earlier this week and having been up to Newton numerous times, dealing with Coach Johnston, the players and other coaches, they always treated me nicely. I'm so happy for the town, school, team, everyone. Feels like I won a state title lol.

It feels like everyone’s state title that’s a fan of Newton Can you imagine how Greg Neece feels right now?

Super proud of what Newton accomplished, and who they did it against.  Absolutely no doubt who the most dominant team in 3A is..  and next year they might be better.

Such a great moment for Coach Johnston and his family.  It’s awesome that Drew got to play for him, and now coach with him.  For someone who has gone through what he’s gone through, against all the odds, and told he had very little chance to survive... couldn’t have happened to a more deserving and better person.

And I guarantee, Coach Barbay is smiling down from above!  Congrats Newton Eagles!

Congrats Newton. Having played y'all in the first game of the season you could tell there was something special about that team. You would think how could this team get better, but y'all did, every week get better and better. After watching y'all in the SC game and seeing how much y'all have improved over the year y'all proved Newton was the BEST team.  It was great watching y'all put the smack down on that other team. I want to give a shout out to #10 Noah Williams, in our game, the first of the year,  he had two catches for fifteen yards and had four or five dropped balls that where right in his hands. In his last game of the year he caught everything thrown to him earning offensive player of the game. Way to keep working. Again, congrats Newton. 

3 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Congrats Newton. Having played y'all in the first game of the season you could tell there was something special about that team. You would think how could this team get better, but y'all did, every week get better and better. After watching y'all in the SC game and seeing how much y'all have improved over the year y'all proved Newton was the BEST team.  It was great watching y'all put the smack down on that other team. I want to give a shout out to #10 Noah Williams, in our game, the first of the year,  he had two catches for fifteen yards and had four or five dropped balls that where right in his hands. In his last game of the year he caught everything thrown to him earning offensive player of the game. Way to keep working. Again, congrats Newton. 

This!!

I was more impressed with C. Foster and that defense than anything...  Straight punch you in the mouth next play, you get the same...