Indoor practice facilities

Billontherig

Guest ECBucFan

Yes 3A EC does have an indoor practice facility. 

And a million dollar turf field. And a newly expanded and refurbished stadium. And a staff of 12 assistant coaches. And a state of the art, best gymnasium in SE TX. 

I wonder how many other 3A programs in TX have the resources EC has. Of course our superintendent is paid close to $200 K, too.

Winnie has an abundance of affluent taxpayers to cover it, so its no problem, LOL.  

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Yes 3A EC does have an indoor practice facility. 

And a million dollar turf field. And a newly expanded and refurbished stadium. And a staff of 12 assistant coaches. And a state of the art, best gymnasium in SE TX. 

I wonder how many other 3A programs in TX have the resources EC has. Of course our superintendent is paid close to $200 K, too.

Winnie has an abundance of affluent taxpayers to cover it, so its no problem, LOL.  

Always heard EC is a great place to work(coach)

not sure I would call what Vidor has an indoor facility.  Yes, it is Indoors but look like they just threw old style turf down on the floor.  Plus it is very small.   But I suppose if you don't throw the ball you can work all running plays inside.

When people say football facility, I can tell you BH uses it for way more then football. It's used for baseball, softball (Batting cage nets come down from the ceiling) infield practice on rainy days, throwing, it's used for soccer practice, sports camps, heck I've seen it used for Easter egg hunt when it was raining, they bused the elementary kids over to find easter eggs. It's used for an assortment of things within the school district. It's nice to have a facility like that around here. We are very fortunate over here, we now have turf baseball, softball, soccer, and football fields. More and more schools are doing the same. The complex that Crosby built is super nice. Hopefully, the triangle will stop being closed minded and open up the pocket books and start building them over there.

On 12/18/2017 at 3:35 PM, navydawg31 said:

I remember this site had this discussion before... which leaves me PNG announced they were getting one and all but whatever happened to that? Did the funding fall short?

Nope I was told they had the money but were denied the opportunity to put it on the land it was spec'd out for. Something about  pipeline I believe.