MANVEL VS HIGHLAND PARK

songone

15 hours ago, ace2335 said:

I know him just as much as he knows me sir. So what’s you point? I simple said “I don’t care about him!” Doesn’t mean as a human being as a person. It simply says in other words I don’t care who or what he is. Or what family tree he fell from. They will loss I can promise you that!!

Want to put your $ where your mouth is??

On 12/19/2017 at 0:04 PM, Tigers2010 said:

Why are they thought of as "not athletic"

Because ECBucFan said they were not athletic. Despite the "lack of athleticism" on the defending State Champions, Manvel will not be able to overcome "geography".

12 minutes ago, Reagan said:

You think they had better athletes than Manvel? 

They scored 43 in one half and had the best player on the field. Everybody raved about Manvel receiver who is a stud and had 220 yds receiving but HP receiver #88 had 210 yds receiving. So while not as athletic down the line they are still plenty athletic.

8 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

They scored 43 in one half and had the best player on the field. Everybody raved about Manvel receiver who is a stud and had 220 yds receiving but HP receiver #88 had 210 yds receiving. So while not as athletic down the line they are still plenty athletic.

I say they were a well coached team that beat a team that had overall better athletes.  So, again, a well coached team can win.  Point I have been trying to get across here for some time.   BTW -- a team doesn't win because of just "one" player.  But, I'm not taking away how well the QB performed. 

14 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I say they were a well coached team that beat a team that had overall better athletes.  So, again, a well coached team can win.  Point I have been trying to get across here for some time.   BTW -- a team doesn't win because of just "one" player.  But, I'm not taking away how well the QB performed. 

They were a well coached team with good athletes. You gotta have both, usually tonwin a state title one of those two factors cannot be missing or you will come up short... especially in 5A and up

14 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Manvel is a very well coached team and I agree 1 kid can't win by himself but he was the best high school football player on the field last night. I also agree that program and coaching are the most important thing but Manvel IMO falls in that catagory.

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

They were a well coached team with good athletes. You gotta have both, usually tonwin a state title one of those two factors cannot be missing or you will come up short... especially in 5A and up

There's a stigma attached to schools like HP. No different than saying WOS is just athletic and not taking into account they have very high football IQ's and are extremely disciplined.

On 12/19/2017 at 8:54 PM, ace2335 said:

I know him just as much as he knows me sir. So what’s you point? I simple said “I don’t care about him!” Doesn’t mean as a human being as a person. It simply says in other words I don’t care who or what he is. Or what family tree he fell from. They will loss I can promise you that!!

Ouch...the name brand kid showed he is more than just a name.

HP has very athletic kids too.  And size, and strength, and depth...and HP kids are probably very smart.  Teachers are required to have a masters degree.  If you think that doesn’t make a difference then you’re wrong.

All irrelevant at this point.  Congrats on winning maybe the best title game I’ve ever seen.  I was very entertained.

11 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

HP has very athletic kids too.  And size, and strength, and depth...and HP kids are probably very smart.  Teachers are required to have a masters degree.  If you think that doesn’t make a difference then you’re wrong.

All irrelevant at this point.  Congrats on winning maybe the best title game I’ve ever seen.  I was very entertained.

I think it was the best I’ve ever watched, too. 

5 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Ouch...the name brand kid showed he is more than just a name.

They came from behind I heard... congrats to them doesn’t show that he’s anything only shows one team failed to complete the mission. You know it happens but is not summarized by just ONE players performance so can it. It’s the team that one including the coaching mistakes and on field mistakes that lead up to the comeback 

On 12/19/2017 at 8:54 PM, ace2335 said:

HP sure enough lost didn't they there chief. Thankful you didn't bet? You sure were confident 

I think HP simply played better as a team.  But never underestimate the leadership role Jones plays on that team.  I'd bet every Scot felt like he'd somehow, someway, pull the game out.  Yes, it was a team effort, but Jones instills that mindset that yes, we can win.  Imo, that's a leader.

19 hours ago, ace2335 said:

They came from behind I heard... congrats to them doesn’t show that he’s anything only shows one team failed to complete the mission. You know it happens but is not summarized by just ONE players performance so can it. It’s the team that one including the coaching mistakes and on field mistakes that lead up to the comeback 

564 yards, 4td and a state record passing yards in championship game against the "loaded" manvel team full of div 1 singees.  I guess "nothing" was good enough for back to back titles.