#1 4A Silsbee at #5 4A Center Tuesday

BADSANTA

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Midlothian Heritage was one missed basket away from beating Denton Guyer this year.

Silsbee is gonna have some work to do if they make it past Yates and get to state.

Didn't know that, knew they were good.  That is interesting.  Based on proportional comparison that makes Midlothian at least a 20 point favorite over Silsbee.  Guyer is ranked No. 6 nationally according to Maxpreps.

In contrast to what the TABC thinks, Maxpreps has Center at No. 27 and Midlothian at No. 28 state wide.  Silsbee is a No. 68 just below Argyle.  They have Wylie at No. 46

I'll admit that Silsbee doesn't look that good right now on paper.  Easy to see how a computer would put at least 4 4A teams above us.  

So, according to the computer code at Maxpreps the No. 5 Tigers will be facing the No. 1 Rough Riders tonight.  

This is the same Maxpreps that has TABC No. 2 Yates at 101 and No. 3  Seminole at their No. 188.  Well, homo sapiens are flawed creatures after all and subject to fits of emotion.

4 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Didn't know that, knew they were good.  That is interesting.  Based on proportional comparison that makes Midlothian at least a 20 point favorite over Silsbee.  Guyer is ranked No. 6 nationally according to Maxpreps.

In contrast to what the TABC thinks, Maxpreps has Center at No. 27 and Midlothian at No. 28 state wide.  Silsbee is a No. 68 just below Argyle.  They have Wylie at No. 46

I'll admit that Silsbee doesn't look that good right now on paper.  Easy to see how a computer would put at least 4 4A teams above us.  

So, according to the computer code at Maxpreps the No. 5 Tigers will be facing the No. 1 Rough Riders tonight.  

This is the same Maxpreps that has TABC No. 2 Yates at 101 and No. 3  Seminole at their No. 188.  Well, homo sapiens are flawed creatures after all and subject to fits of emotion.

That's your first problem Maxpreps.!! TABC IS ALL THAT MATTERS. SILSBEE #1 Center #5 :)

11 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Hmmm, hey did Silsbee have a full squad, are the football players still getting their basketball legs ??? 

Yes on both accounts.  No excuse we lost.  Probably needed a reset right now.  But you won’t see this team  at its top form until after the new year.  I have said that from the beginning.

14 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Yes on both accounts.  No excuse we lost.  Probably needed a reset right now.  But you won’t see this team  at its top form until after the new year.  I have said that from the beginning.

I mean I get the football guys have only been playing for a couple weeks. But the best players on the team have been playing since the season started. I also agree that there is no excuse. Center won and should be considered a favorite to win it all.

18 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I mean I get the football guys have only been playing for a couple weeks. But the best players on the team have been playing since the season started. I also agree that there is no excuse. Center won and should be considered a favorite to win it all.

Not going to happen! Silsbee will win it but if not, it will be Yates and no one else!

48 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say a 2 pt win at home makes you a favorite....especially in b-ball. Center beat us last night and could again but like I said it’s not a big worry for us at this point.  It will probably be a bigger plus for us in the long run.  A reason to regroup and refocus.  

And yes we have had that core group has been on the court but it’s no secret we rely greTly on our depth.  I was told a few years Ago that Coach feels it takes About 30 days for our players to really get into b-ball shape, which will put us really after the first of the year with the holidays.  Then we will see the real Tigers.

43 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have to say, I wasn’t there last night but I have heard a couple opinions that Center is better than Yates. Not my words but coming from some who have seen both.

Yates would beat Center easily 12 plus my opinion our defense is terrible Yates would have turned it up Center has no true guard and Serialle would eliminate the big boys so Yates would win easily 

23 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Yates would beat Center easily 12 plus my opinion our defense is terrible Yates would have turned it up Center has no true guard and Serialle would eliminate the big boys so Yates would win easily 

Silsbee was gonna win easily to according to some people.

40 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Silsbee was gonna win easily to according to some people.

We tend to make excuses for our team we just went down there and lost got our butts kicked. If Yates played Center and won that still don’t make them beat us. Silsbee is not invincible we lost no big deal too much comparison and remember my words on here one of the two teams want make it to regionals final too many people want this game and right now MY TIGERS LOOK VULNERABLE!!!!