#1 4A Silsbee at #5 4A Center Tuesday

BADSANTA

26 minutes ago, burtgill said:

Does the varsity game start at 4:30 or 7:30? 

I had seen this conflict on the schedules earlier in the year.  Noticed The one was changed to 7:30 the other day.  It wasn’t until today, even with a child in school, that I realized Silsbee is still in school so it has to be 7:30.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Center is a quality team. Lost in regional semifinal last year to Argyle, 47-45.

Game in Center, over 2 hours away, Tuesday night, small gym, local officiating chapter that may not be used to Silsbee "style".

I say Silsbee by 9

Those  factors may well keep it close to that margin.  Not sure it would stay that close without them though.

47 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Silsbee should win comfortably against any 4A school this year. Give me Silsbee 94 Center 68

Hope you are right...Yates' bench is deep and will not tire out. If that game happens it will be a challenge for Silsbee. But I think they pull it off.

I'd love to go but I don't think I can make it.  I've got elf work to do all week.  I think it will be a close game and fun to watch, worth the drive.  It's the intangibles.  Long uncomfortable bus ride in gloomy weather.  School tomorrow with finals coming up.  Unfamiliar surroundings.  Christmas stuff on their minds.  That's a lot of junk for a teen to deal with.  It's a scenario for a possible upset, unlikely but possible.