Tax Cuts

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

There is this

This is the hidden content, please

And, Trump just said the middle class would get a 35% tax cut.  Not seeing it.

This list is stretching pretty far to make an argument. 

Their highlight item is that 43% of households pay no federal taxes so they don’t get a break. Hmmm....... Let me see, they pay “no taxes” but want a better deal. Apparently the family that pays $18,000 a year and gets a $2,000 cut so is “only paying” $16,000 is screwing the family that still has to pay....  nothing. 

Horrible, simply horrible. 

It claims to possibly hurt charities. Not because donations  aren’t still tax deductible but because of a simplified tax form. They raised the automatic deductions meaning that you don’t have to itemize as much. To say that is a stretch is an understatement. People that donate large sums of money to charity and get a tax break will see absolutely no benefit from raising the automatic exemption by a couple of thousand dollars. It is beyond ludicrous. 

It is correct that it will certainly not help the deficit but the same people decrying this plan made absolutely no noise while Obama raised it by $12 Trillion. 

This article is the classic smoke and mirrors. For all it says, it does not say that the middle class won’t get a good tax break. It doesn’t bring up the Pelosi / Schumer argument that only the wealthy will benefit. Why? Because it appears that the final bill will give the rich zero tax cuts. The ONLY THE RICH GET IT is an outright lue which is why that Democratic mantra isn’t even addressed. 

Other than pure politics, what is the problem with this tax plan? Nothing. Well,  maybe that is not exactly true.  It will show that the billionaire, Donald Trump, did not deliver breaks to the wealthy but to the middle class, which is exactly what he said in his campaign. The problem with that is that the Democrats are about to see that their leaders will sell them out just for a political point. I wonder if all the middle class Democrats will give back their tax cuts in protest. 

3 hours ago, tvc184 said:

This list is stretching pretty far to make an argument. 

Their highlight item is that 43% of households pay no federal taxes so they don’t get a break. Hmmm....... Let me see, they pay “no taxes” but want a better deal. Apparently the family that pays $18,000 a year and gets a $2,000 cut so is “only paying” $16,000 is screwing the family that still has to pay....  nothing. 

Horrible, simply horrible. 

It claims to possibly hurt charities. Not because donations  aren’t still tax deductible but because of a simplified tax form. They raised the automatic deductions meaning that you don’t have to itemize as much. To say that is a stretch is an understatement. People that donate large sums of money to charity and get a tax break will see absolutely no benefit from raising the automatic exemption by a couple of thousand dollars. It is beyond ludicrous. 

It is correct that it will certainly not help the deficit but the same people decrying this plan made absolutely no noise while Obama raised it by $12 Trillion. 

This article is the classic smoke and mirrors. For all it says, it does not say that the middle class won’t get a good tax break. It doesn’t bring up the Pelosi / Schumer argument that only the wealthy will benefit. Why? Because it appears that the final bill will give the rich zero tax cuts. The ONLY THE RICH GET IT is an outright lue which is why that Democratic mantra isn’t even addressed. 

Other than pure politics, what is the problem with this tax plan? Nothing. Well,  maybe that is not exactly true.  It will show that the billionaire, Donald Trump, did not deliver breaks to the wealthy but to the middle class, which is exactly what he said in his campaign. The problem with that is that the Democrats are about to see that their leaders will sell them out just for a political point. I wonder if all the middle class Democrats will give back their tax cuts in protest. 

If they don't, they can always take a knee.

As far as the Dims sitting back and letting obama run amuk with the deficit, they were under the assumption that the idiot did no wrong for eight years.  Heard the newly elected Doug Jones this morning answering a question about whether or not he would vote for the tax bill if he has a chance.  His response was that it was a 500 page bill, and he needed time to look it over before he voted.  He basically said he could not in good faith vote on it without knowing what was in it.  The Dims had no problem with Pelosi forcing a 2000+ page unaffordable healthcare bill down our throats.  She knew no one had time to read it.  So the Pubs don't need to let the Dims use the excuse of not being able to read the bill.  Pass the damn thing.

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

As far as the Dims sitting back and letting obama run amuk with the deficit, they were under the assumption that the idiot did no wrong for eight years.  Heard the newly elected Doug Jones this morning answering a question about whether or not he would vote for the tax bill if he has a chance.  His response was that it was a 500 page bill, and he needed time to look it over before he voted.  He basically said he could not in good faith vote on it without knowing what was in it.  The Dims had no problem with Pelosi forcing a 2000+ page unaffordable healthcare bill down our throats.  She knew no one had time to read it.  So the Pubs don't need to let the Dims use the excuse of not being able to read the bill.  Pass the damn thing.

That is the rule change game. THESE ARE THE RULES.....unless we lose the majority. Backed up by Pelosi and Schumer, I have seen several media oulets stated over and over, the tax plan got no Democratic support in committee or in the roll call vote. They will likely get no votes from the Democrats if this comes up for final passage. Somehow they forget that maybe the biggest boondoggle in US history, the notAffordale Care Act, passed into law without a single Republican vote  

Now they are really angry that there is no bipartisanship. 

And all of the stomping of the feet is based on outright lies. The middle class will get no tax break and this is all going to the rich is just nonsense. If this was a court of law or under oath, they would all be charged with perjury. 

No one likes the Good Ol’ Boy system unless they the good ol’ boy. The Dems loved it when they had the super majority but hate it when they aren’t the ones calling the shots. 

On 12/17/2017 at 5:04 PM, tvc184 said:

That is the rule change game. THESE ARE THE RULES.....unless we lose the majority. Backed up by Pelosi and Schumer, I have seen several media oulets stated over and over, the tax plan got no Democratic support in committee or in the roll call vote. They will likely get no votes from the Democrats if this comes up for final passage. Somehow they forget that maybe the biggest boondoggle in US history, the notAffordale Care Act, passed into law without a single Republican vote  

Now they are really angry that there is no bipartisanship. 

And all of the stomping of the feet is based on outright lies. The middle class will get no tax break and this is all going to the rich is just nonsense. If this was a court of law or under oath, they would all be charged with perjury. 

No one likes the Good Ol’ Boy system unless they the good ol’ boy. The Dems loved it when they had the super majority but hate it when they aren’t the ones calling the shots. 

On the flip side, the pubes freaked out when a bill was passed without bipartisan support.   Now they complain because the new guy would like to read the bill.

44 minutes ago, westend1 said:

On the flip side, the pubes freaked out when a bill was passed without bipartisan support.   Now they complain because the new guy would like to read the bill.

I think the Republicans are "freaking out" because of the total hypocrisy shown by the Left. I recall, and I'm sure you do to, how the Left passed a bill without reading it, and with zero bipartisan support. Now the Left is loudly and publicly complaining about not being able to read the bill, a bill in which they refused to participate in the process, thus ensuring it would not be bipartisan. I for one am very glad the Left refused to participate. The only thing their participation would accomplish would be to hold things up. It's hard to work on a problem when you are constantly laughing at the proposals from the other side. And I find it extremely ironic that the Left is all-of-a-sudden worried about the national debt, or that the middle class won't see a tax cut (which looks to be a lie). The Left had full control 8 years ago and never once proposed a tax cut for the middle class, and now seem to be falsely saddened that a tax cut is not forthcoming (again, a lie). I'm sure the Left would have voted for this bill if a larger middle class tax cut was included. Now that is sarcasm! On a serious note, Nancy Pelosi actually said that this was the worst bill to ever be proposed in the House. And she said it with a straight face. I literally did the proverbial LOL. I'm giving full credit to Trump for the ridiculous comments emanating from the Left. The meltdown continues, and the American people are the benefactors. 

10 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Potato potato    No difference.    Hope you enjoy your pittance

I wasn't expecting anything, so anything given is a bonus. And if Hillary would have won, more of my money would be gone. So I'm enjoying the idea of a flourishing economy versus anything the Left does to stifle it. It might not look like a big difference to you, but the effects have enormous repercussions. Unfortunately, as history has shown, we will get tired of winning and eventually the sheeple will be successful in electing Liberals back into a position of power. That will be the time to worry.

20 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I wasn't expecting anything, so anything given is a bonus. And if Hillary would have won, more of my money would be gone. So I'm enjoying the idea of a flourishing economy versus anything the Left does to stifle it. It might not look like a big difference to you, but the effects have enormous repercussions. Unfortunately, as history has shown, we will get tired of winning and eventually the sheeple will be successful in electing Liberals back into a position of power. That will be the time to worry.

Winning...feels good.

:)

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Winning...feels good.

:)

Winning is easy. Everyone knows how to win. Losing requires character. One has to learn how to handle losing. We have seen how the left handles losing.....rioting, yelling at the sky, total denial, finger pointing, safe places, Play-Doh....sorry, got carried away.

I like winning. My 401k is skyrocketing.

27 minutes ago, baddog said:

Winning is easy. Everyone knows how to win. Losing requires character. One has to learn how to handle losing. We have seen how the left handles losing.....rioting, yelling at the sky, total denial, finger pointing, safe places, Play-Doh....sorry, got carried away.

I like winning. My 401k is skyrocketing.

Cool   8 year winning streak