Newton vs. Gunter

dBerrySports

Newton’s got their work cut out for them. Gunter runs the triple option out of the shotgun. Their defense extremely disciplined and tackle well. They didn’t give up more than two TDs on defense all year until last night. They have some good Junior talent especially at RB and will probably be back in the title game next year. Here’s the highlights from last nights game and a game from earlier this year.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Newton will have to play best game of the year.  No turnovers or stupid penalties.  Gunter is highly disciplined team.  They don't have Newton's speed but make up for it by not making mistakes and great fundamentals.  Just by looking at them they must have a great weight and conditioning program.  Either way Newton has had a great year with a young team and the program will be strong for years to come.

I have heard people say that they don’t make mistakes, so I found a game to watch. Saw them get two fifteen yard penalties in one drive, saw them get an unsportsmanlike penalty( was told if player gets one of them he rides the bench, he did not). Seen them fumble the ball, just happened to get it back. Don’t get me wrong they are a very good football team but they are not a machine, they can be beat. It will not be a cake walk. I saw a mirror image of Newton. I believe in my Eagles and fully think they can win and hope they do. Give ‘me hell and bring that trophy home.

10 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Gunter in comparison to Newton is nowhere near Carthage to Silsbee.

No...similar statements were made regarding Carthage having never seen speed like what Silsbee had.

While that may be true...it didn’t matter.  And it won’t matter this time either.  Newton’s only shot will be playing mistake free.  Speed alone will not win it this time.

39 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

No...similar statements were made regarding Carthage having never seen speed like what Silsbee had.

While that may be true...it didn’t matter.  And it won’t matter this time either.  Newton’s only shot will be playing mistake free.  Speed alone will not win it this time.

To say they have to play mistake free is almost to say that Gunter will actually play mistake free. Which I don't think will be the case. Newton will have something to say about it, call it speed, or whatever else you want to.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:24 PM, oldschool2 said:

Not only did Newton not play mistake free, but if they did play mistake free, they probably would have put a running clock on Gunter. 

On 12/20/2017 at 7:24 PM, oldschool2 said:

Wrong

• 2 weeks later...