West Orange Stark vs Pleasant Grove

tennisbc

39 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

What makes pg wing t better than any other team I can't see it 

Their athletes. Sometimes it's not about the scheme. It's about the athletes. PG has them all over the field on both sides of the ball. They are well conditioned and they will not wind. We ran them all over the field for 4 quarters and they will not stop coming. 

What you are going to see is a mirror. Other than the offensive schemes these 2 teams look alot like each other. Big, strong, fast and athletic. This game is going to be EPIC and I for one can't wait to watch it. But win lose or draw you will not run PG in the ground. 

Good luck to both. I hope it's all it's built up to be.......and I think it will be. 

17 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

Their athletes. Sometimes it's not about the scheme. It's about the athletes. PG has them all over the field on both sides of the ball. They are well conditioned and they will not wind. We ran them all over the field for 4 quarters and they will not stop coming. 

What you are going to see is a mirror. Other than the offensive schemes these 2 teams look alot like each other. Big, strong, fast and athletic. This game is going to be EPIC and I for one can't wait to watch it. But win lose or draw you will not run PG in the ground. 

Good luck to both. I hope it's all it's built up to be.......and I think it will be. 

I will take our athletes any day over theirs Asussie. I would bet that they beat your team because Gilmer has not play on Championship level for a few years :). I'm not buying all that conditioning status neither JMO.

21 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

Ya'll played em pretty close.At least looking at the score...43-38,only lost by 3.So I'm thinking we can hold em to about half that ( maybe ).But we are going to have to keep it where it is more than a one score lead if we are leading late.Will have to wait and see.Never no how that ball is going to bounce and in who's favor.

31 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I will take our athletes any day over theirs Asussie. I would bet that they beat your team because Gilmer has not play on Championship level for a few years :). I'm not buying all that conditioning status neither JMO.

I'm buying it.Aussie was there.lol

37 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

I'm buying it.Aussie was there.lol

Funny I get it, you buy bridges too, lol. I'm having no doubts about our team. I hear what you are saying though, I am sure they (PG) have players going both ways. Somehow that field gets a little bigger during a state game, even though the field may not be bigger.

The reason I have not posted any on this game is because I didn't want to step on any toes. You guys love the Stangs and I get that. I don't have a dog in the hunt. I am not one those "pull for my district mates". I don't care either way. I like dynasties and I like underdogs, but I don't like PG. 

That being said, this will be IMO the most formidable opponent WOS has faced since 2014 Gilmer. I am not saying they are going to win......but they are good, dang good. 

At this point I'm just an outsider hoping for a damn good game. I like to be entertained!!!

12 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

The reason I have not posted any on this game is because I didn't want to step on any toes. You guys love the Stangs and I get that. I don't have a dog in the hunt. I am not one those "pull for my district mates". I don't care either way. I like dynasties and I like underdogs, but I don't like PG. 

That being said, this will be IMO the most formidable opponent WOS has faced since 2014 Gilmer. I am not saying they are going to win......but they are good, dang good. 

At this point I'm just an outsider hoping for a damn good game. I like to be entertained!!!

Fair enough, I always figured you to be an honorary Mustang anyways:)

17 hours ago, Goblin said:

We keep our cards close to the vest.  Still waiting for that Gilmer rematch #3 if you guys would actually win.  

I don't know when that will happen again.  We've had a huge turnover in our coaching staff, and we haven't looked like ourselves the past couple of seasons.  We will continue to have good seasons, though, but getting to the level we have been getting to may take a little longer.  I don't know.  We haven't had quite the talent level we're used to seeing, and we have also lacked the discipline we are used to having, and getting that back is tantamount to getting us to championship level.  Time will tell.

2 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

If you are thinking you are going to wear those big ol' PG boys out due to their being conditionally inferior, you are going to be surprised.  Those Hawks can go 48 solid minutes for sure without noticeably getting gassed.  I'm not sure who will win this one at all.  I'm not biased either way, but make no mistake about it, the Hawks will not be an easy team to beat, in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, blackflag said:

If you are thinking you are going to wear those big ol' PG boys out due to their being conditionally inferior, you are going to be surprised.  Those Hawks can go 48 solid minutes for sure without noticeably getting gassed.  I'm not sure who will win this one at all.  I'm not biased either way, but make no mistake about it, the Hawks will not be an easy team to beat, in my opinion.

Yeah Yeah *Sigh*

I'm pulling for the Stangs, just because you should always support the locals.

On the other hand, it would be nice to see a team that runs the Wing-T get the best of the Mustangs.... I've heard enough talk about how the Chain Gang can't be beaten by the Wing-T.  

I've got mixed emotions, but in the end I'm hoping the Stangs make it 3 in a row.  

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

On the other hand, it would be nice to see a team that runs the Wing-T get the best of the Mustangs.... I've heard enough talk about how the Chain Gang can't be beaten by the Wing-T.  

I've got mixed emotions, but in the end I'm hoping the Stangs make it 3 in a row.  

This kind of support we do not need! 

35 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You might as well wear you a PG hat for the game CB smh

2 hours ago, lostaussie said:

Wear some blue and silver and come sit with us. This time, you will be on the correct side. :)

23 hours ago, HawkNation said:

Looking forward to an EPIC matchup with the Hawks and Mustangs.
Not coming on to talk smack, too much flying on the Smoaky site.
Just had a feeling that PG would end up at the end of the year playing WOS.
I know one Coach will motivated for his team by more than usual.
Our Boys have never been this far in football, nothing like the Dynasty you have in Orange, but for this one year, they are thrilled for the shot at The Man, and will give you their best.
Here's hoping everyone is healthy to play, and to finish.

Safe travels, y'all.

It will be a good game. I am just hoping everyone ends the game, injury free., and of course, the WOS win! Thanks Hawk!

4 hours ago, lostaussie said:

Aussie, say what you want, but WOS had a young team that played Gilmer. They had a couple of mistakes that Gilmer capitalized on, and The Stangs got shook, and could not do anything right, from that point forward. If WOS had continued playing their game, they would have won. Coulda, shoulda, etc. Oh well. I do not think Gilmer was formidable, WOS shot themselves in the foot. 

13 minutes ago, XX Man said:

Aussie, say what you want, but WOS had a young team that played Gilmer. They had a couple of mistakes that Gilmer capitalized on, and The Stangs got shook, and could not do anything right, from that point forward. If WOS had continued playing their game, they would have won. Coulda, shoulda, etc. Oh well. I do not think Gilmer was formidable, WOS shot themselves in the foot. 

Hahahahaha...  You ain't right. Gilmer didn't play their game in the first half, or it would've looked like the second half.  Two can play that game.

18 minutes ago, XX Man said:

We can agree to disagree. We played absolutely horrible in the first half.  But enough about then, this is the present. This game will be awesome and I think it will be VERY competitive. 2 good teams no doubt.