West Orange Stark vs Pleasant Grove

tennisbc

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

PG is a better version of Kennedale because they throw the ball better that Kennedale does.

PG is well coached, but they do not have the staff that Coach Thompson does.

Both teams have great defenses.

WOS has the experience factor.

This very well could be the best game of all the State Championship contest. Can't wait to see this one.

I agree, I think this will be a 7 point or less game one way or the other.

3 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

PG is a better version of Kennedale because they throw the ball better that Kennedale does.

PG is well coached, but they do not have the staff that Coach Thompson does.

Both teams have great defenses.

WOS has the experience factor.

This very well could be the best game of all the State Championship contest. Can't wait to see this one.

I agree 100% - This could be the best game.  If defense wins championships, it appears we'll have two good ones.

I'm in the arklatex area hunting right now, and I keep seeing a little local news commercial that says "if defense wins championships, then pleasant grove should win one next weekend!"  And I'm just thinking, they might, but I don't think they don't exactly understand the caliber of defense they're about to face.  

For what it's worth, PG has given up 240 points this year, WOS 119 (with two less games).  Some might try to argue that PG has had a tougher schedule,  but madisonville, wimberly, salado, and Kennedale are all very good teams.  Going through each team's schedule, I'd say they're pretty even.   

6 hours ago, goldenstick said:

Been a few years..Life gets busy.

Anyway, this Pleasant Grove fan base is sure confident they are going to be able to show WOS something new. Example: this poster talks if putting 5 touchdowns on the Mustangs

Wow, 13 pages and I'm just now getting to put in my 2 cents...

I think our biggest advantage is our game plan, coaching, and how coachable our Hawks are. They have the athleticism, brains, and drive to come out on top. We are healthy, smart, and motivated...be prepared for the Hawks to put on a show. 

PG 35

WOS 18

Whoever this guy is truly doesn't know football.  They sit and look at who played who.instead of matchups for these 2 teams.PG truly deserve to be in the big dance.but some of the things that they do on offense want work against w.o defense. Both teams have played against some half way descent teams.all these ppl on here with all doubting.truly don't understand never measure the heart of a champion! 

Oh okay that is a decent argument but have they played a team that is competing for a state title in a higher classification? Have they faced a 6 foot 4 prolific passer with 3 1,000 yard wr’s that beat the almighty cuero (who was most peoples pick as state champ)! Let’s not forget we’ve already played a team that runs this same offense the same way in the post season! Madisonville threw the ball out of that offense impressively but it wasn’t enough! They think they are the most physical team left lol we wrote the book on being physical! Our db’s hit like most teams linebackers!!! Gonna be like Christmas, but instead of bells it will Be silver helmets doing the ringing!!!!

41 minutes ago, wosgrad-84 said:

strength of schedule per Dave Campbell.

PLEASANT GROVE OPPONENTS 75 WINS TO 74 LOSES

WEST ORANGE - STARK OPPONENTS 82 WINS TO 66 LOSES

I would say our schedule was slightly tougher.   

Dave Campbell is wrong with those numbers.

Actual records for PG opponents is 95-81

For WO-S it's 84-60.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Dave Campbell is wrong with those numbers.

Actual records for PG opponents is 95-81

For WO-S it's 84-60.

That gives PG opponents a winning percentage of .539 and WO-S opponents .583. 

If you take out the losses to PG and WO-S out of those records: the opponents records are 95-66 for PG (.590) and 84-47 (.640) for WO-S. 

Either way, the argument from the PG crowd that they have played a "tougher schedule" than WO-S fails miserably when a calculator is put to the numbers.

23 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

If you take out the losses to PG and WO-S out of those records: the opponents records are 95-66 for PG (.590) and 84-47 (.640) for WO-S. 

Either way, the argument from the PG crowd that they have played a "tougher schedule" than WO-S fails miserably when a calculator is put to the numbers.

Completely agree.

BTW, how did DCTF come up with those very inaccurate numbers?

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Completely agree.

BTW, how did DCTF come up with those very inaccurate numbers?

As we discussed earlier today, I have no idea.  I tried different computations....eliminating losses to PG and WO-S, using just regular season numbers, etc.  Nothing I did reflected the numbers that DCTF came up with.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Good luck trying to use something as obvious as simple math to convince them of that.  They have slayed Goliath for 15 weeks and counting.

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I'm in the arklatex area hunting right now, and I keep seeing a little local news commercial that says "if defense wins championships, then pleasant grove should win one next weekend!"  And I'm just thinking, they might, but I don't think they don't exactly understand the caliber of defense they're about to face.  

K

1 hour ago, #1stangfan said:

Good luck trying to use something as obvious as simple math to convince them of that.  They have slayed Goliath for 15 weeks and counting.

Well, to paraphrase the old Fram oil filter commercial from the 1970's, they can learn now or learn later.