West Orange Stark vs Pleasant Grove

tennisbc

I am very proud of this team.  I am sure the players have heard plenty of comparisons to last years team and have had that shadow looming over them.  However, just like last years team, this team is undefeated going into the title game.  IF they win they will be undefeated just like last years team, and that state champion ring will look just as shiny as the one from 2016.  As a fan I am thrilled but I couldn’t be happier for this team.

Great team win WOS.  Played better in special teams!

WOS couldn’t be happier than Pleasant Grove runs the wing/slot T!  WOS seldom has trouble with those teams.  I picked Pleasant Grove to beat WOS 2 weeks ago, and now I feel like a fool.  Although I think it will be a 1 score game either way.  PG has a really good defense and won’t make it easy on WOS.

28 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Well here we go again. The other boards have jumped on the PG bandwagon and say we have no idea what we are fixing to face.Think I have heard that before.lol

Isn't that what they said last week when we played Wimberley?  Salado? Madisonville? Mexia?  Remember when they were gonna shock the world? It is the same as last year and....well... the year before.

This team has seen the spread, the Wing T, the Slot T and just about every other variation in between.  They have faced defensive juggernauts, special teams juggernauts, offensive juggernauts (are at least so we were told) and every other juggernaut in between.  40 straight times they said it. 40 straight times they went away saying "What did we do wrong?"

And with the 2017 version, they don't have the explosiveness of the last couple of years, the Chain Gang can be bent a little, but this team may be more mentally tough than the first two versions.  They can, as we have seen, take a punch to the mouth, get back up and punch back.

Who knows, they may get the fatal blow to this streak next Friday, but me, I steeled myself to that possibility for the last 2 1/2 years.

But somehow, I don't think that will happen then, either.

35 minutes ago, oldage football said:

to graduate 19 starters and return to the "show" -- AMAZING - GREAT JOB

I think a lot of the credit if not all of it goes to the Coaching staff. I mean the players are doing their job and I applaud them for that but each week to lay out a game plan and have those key players in those positions says a lot. Great Team effort all the way around!  At this point with two Great teams, I am going with the Coach who's been there the last 4 years. I don't think PG understands what's waiting for them. 

1 hour ago, oldage football said:

to graduate 19 starters and return to the "show" -- AMAZING - GREAT JOB

Really unheard of.What a job these kids have done.

Just a side note.I saw Coach T at Walmart after the 2014 game.I told him then I don't think I have another 14 years to wait for another shot....He said me either,lol.I just wanted to see one more and now look what we have done.

8 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Pleasant Grove has played a tougher schedule than WOS.South Texas teams as a whole are not very good.The side of the bracket WOS comes out of every year there are so many bad teams.Wos Cuero Wimberley Liberty Hill are a few exceptions.

This was a post on another forum, really?

Those people really need to find a new line.lol

1 hour ago, tennisbc said:

Pleasant Grove has played a tougher schedule than WOS.South Texas teams as a whole are not very good.The side of the bracket WOS comes out of every year there are so many bad teams.Wos Cuero Wimberley Liberty Hill are a few exceptions.

This was a post on another forum, really?

Funny, I recall the exact same thing being said last week.