Hamshire-Fannett 27 Lumberton 75/FINAL

WOSgrad

Mann..im glad I didn't witness this..it will be long season for Hf..I haven't attend a gm in wks. They gms i attended hardly anyone agree with coaching. The 6 that was pose to return to  varsity from last yr. One 3 did. And none of them wanted to play.  2 have quit during season & was starters . Hope HF can pull it together. I haven't missed a HF gm since my oldest nephew king played basketball...and have missed king brother gms for past few wks cause it's awful to see. They actually  have some good players. HF was already young ..now with losing the 2 they will be younger. 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Impossible to win with bad players.  Well...bad compared to the opponents.  I'm pretty certain he did very well at some previous coaching stops...  Maybe HF just lacks talent. 

I’m not talking about the talent, I’m talking about playing for a Coach that yells and screams and belittle’s his players! Kids for the most part do not want to play for Jacks! See the post right after yours!

43 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I’m not talking about the talent, I’m talking about playing for a Coach that yells and screams and belittle’s his players! Kids for the most part do not want to play for Jacks! See the post right after yours!

"yells and screams and belittle’s his players!"... well now.  That changes everything.  Who in the heck play for a guy that does that? 

Oh yeah...I did.  Both high school and college.  Except for the fact that my college coach liked to throw in the occasion basketball punt (only broke a few lights) and would literally get close enough to give you a good spraying while screaming.  And that's when we were playing well.  But what was the lesson from that?  Let's see...2 championship rings.  Plus the learning of more important lessons to count.  

Tell the kids to suck it up.  There are two categories of athletes... Warriors and losers.  They can either prepare to win a war or keep getting embarrassed. 

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

"yells and screams and belittle’s his players!"... well now.  That changes everything.  Who in the heck play for a guy that does that? 

Oh yeah...I did.  Both high school and college.  Except for the fact that my college coach liked to throw in the occasion basketball punt (only broke a few lights) and would literally get close enough to give you a good spraying while screaming.  And that's when we were playing well.  But what was the lesson from that?  Let's see...2 championship rings.  Plus the learning of more important lessons to count.  

Tell the kids to suck it up.  There are two categories of athletes... Warriors and losers.  They can either prepare to win a war or keep getting embarrassed. 

It's a different era of sports. Especially in H-F. Worked to hard/yelled at too much. Kids are entitled babies that think they are above an arse chewing. I used to go home and tell dad about practice and if I got chewed it wasn't even scoffed at. More often now, kid goes and tells mom and dad about getting chewed and an email/phone call is made and the kid is encouraged to quit. It not just at HF. It's a growing phenomenon. Can you imagine when the babies get into the workforce?

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

It's a different era of sports. Especially in H-F. Worked to hard/yelled at too much. Kids are entitled babies that think they are above an arse chewing. I used to go home and tell dad about practice and if I got chewed it wasn't even scoffed at. More often now, kid goes and tells mom and dad about getting chewed and an email/phone call is made and the kid is encouraged to quit. It not just at HF. It's a growing phenomenon. Can you imagine when the babies get into the workforce?

Oh, you don't have to tell me.  Especially with HF... In fact, I was going to say that Coach Jacks better be careful or else he'll have a police investigation on his hands.  HF kinda does that.

So in a private message sent to me somebody said

“he won almost 90 games in 3 years at lumberton, life is tough if they think he is tough and hard how are they going to react to life in general? Always the blame game.”

This is my point exactly! The guy wins 90 games and kids, parents and administrators can’t wait to get rid of him!! Why is that? It’s not because he can’t coach X’s and O’s Or because he can’t win with Talent! There are  other things that come along with coaching!

My kids have played for some of the best coaches in the area that yell and scream! I’m not opposed to a coach yelling and screaming!

Jacks is a unique coach and person that people just don’t like!

My kids never played for him either!

8 minutes ago, OneChance said:

“he won almost 90 games in 3 years at lumberton, life is tough if they think he is tough and hard how are they going to react to life in general? Always the blame game.”

This is my point exactly! The guy wins 90 games and kids, parents and administrators can’t wait to get rid of him!! Why is that? It’s not because he can’t coach X’s and O’s Or because he can’t win with Talent! There are  other things that come along with coaching!

My kids have played for some of the best coaches in the area that yell and scream! I’m not opposed to a coach yelling and screaming!

•  

That's why. 

10 minutes ago, OneChance said:

•  

Sorry...but no there isn't much more to it than that.  When a coach is hired they are hired to teach the game and to win.  If that wasn't the case then a coach would never be fired or runoff  Only think I might add to the list of the holding of kids accountable.  Which is probably what the yelling and screaming are about.  

I guarantee that Sanders yell and screams and Babin screams at Lumberton but they don’t want them gone! You can’t be a A hole too! Like I said talent is probably bad too!  But Caption obvious will state you will win with talent and you will lose without it! But destroying a program and making a program to where fewer and fewer kids want to come out for that program on an annual basis takes a special coach! Plenty of coaches yell and scream and kids want to play for them year in and year out!

23 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I guarantee that Sanders yell and screams and Babin screams at Lumberton but they don’t want them gone! You can’t be a A hole too! Like I said talent is probably bad too!  But Caption obvious will state you will win with talent and you will lose without it! But destroying a program and making a program to where fewer and fewer kids want to come out for that program on an annual basis takes a special coach! Plenty of coaches yell and scream and kids want to play for them year in and year out!

If a kid quits or doesn't play because of getting yelled at then the program is better off without them.  Sounds to me like he's doing HF a solid.

My daughter played for Coach Toots (sp) and Jacks. Some parents had a problem with both coaches yelling and whatever. As a parent, I never had any issues with either coach related to basketball and their coaching style.  I had hard nosed coaches when I came along and I didn't think my daughter was any different not to hear a little yelling.