Beaumont Ozen 46 Beaumont Central 29/FINAL

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, OneChance said:

Jag I take it Central fell apart?

Central played well first half..Ozen did less substituting and played their starters in the third and turned up the defensive pressure....

Bmt. Ozen (10-4)(2-0) play at always tough Lumberton friday.....

Bmt Ozen JV 20   Central JV 19 final

10 hours ago, JustUs said:

Central played well first half..Ozen did less substituting and played their starters in the third and turned up the defensive pressure....

Bmt. Ozen (10-4)(2-0) play at always tough Lumberton friday.....

Bmt Ozen JV 20   Central JV 19 final

It seemed to me that Ozen did a lot of substituting, going further into their bench, especially in the 1st half while Central ran with mainly the same 6 or 7 girls.  By the 2nd half you could see the Lady Jaguars tiring, along with the pressure from Ozen, in making a lot of turnovers.  Also, Ozen has 2 girls that are solid and have some height which created a lot of rebounds and easy put back baskets.  My first time seeing Ozen play this year.  No excuses, also found out 2 starters for Central were suspended for the game last night.

Going to be interesting next year when these 2 teams are 1.  1 starter for each school was a freshman and they both played pretty good, they'll be teammates next year.     

23 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

It seemed to me that Ozen did a lot of substituting, going further into their bench, especially in the 1st half while Central ran with mainly the same 6 or 7 girls.  By the 2nd half you could see the Lady Jaguars tiring, along with the pressure from Ozen, in making a lot of turnovers.  Also, Ozen has 2 girls that are solid and have some height which created a lot of rebounds and easy put back baskets.  My first time seeing Ozen play this year.  No excuses, also found out 2 starters for Central were suspended for the game last night.

Going to be interesting next year when these 2 teams are 1.  1 starter for each school was a freshman and they both played pretty good, they'll be teammates next year.     

So you feel pretty confident that they will merge Central and Ozen? From everything I’ve been ready on Facebook, a lot of people feel the same way. 

38 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

So you feel pretty confident that they will merge Central and Ozen? From everything I’ve been ready on Facebook, a lot of people feel the same way. 

Like I just posted in another thread, money makes the world go around and is the driving force behind this decision.  There is a school board meeting tomorrow night but we (a group of people trying to keep the schools separate) are not expecting that final answer until January 18th.

20 hours ago, OneChance said:

Jag Coach

Ok, I know her as Coach LeBlanc.  Well I was excited about my now 8th grade daughter playing in her program next year.  But then came Harvey and all the drama concerning Central.  If they do merge, the AD will have a tough decision on who to give it to between the 2.

Doesn't LeBlanc have ties to PA?  If so, that is the only thing that scares me about her is that if that position comes open over there, that she would bolt for it.