If Roy Moore loses the election in Alabama

stevenash

I would be pretty surprised if Moore loses.  Not surprised that the vast majority of Moore’s voters (86%) believe the allegations are false, while the vast majority of Jones’ supporters (89%) believe them to be true.  The most surprising poll was the evenly divided results with regard to Trump job approval (48% on each side).   Not very good for the President in a blood red state.  

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I would be pretty surprised if Moore loses.  Not surprised that the vast majority of Moore’s voters (86%) believe the allegations are false, while the vast majority of Jones’ supporters (89%) believe them to be true.  The most surprising poll was the evenly divided results with regard to Trump job approval (48% on each side).   Not very good for the President in a blood red state.  

Up 24% year to date.  Not bad

7 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Up 24% year to date.  Not bad

Appears Trump is living up to the old political ploy of a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage.  May see a landslide re-election in 2020.  In 2016, we could only afford Old Milwaukee Light, but in 2020, we'll all raise our Michelob Ultra to Donald. :) 

And I am officially done with exit polls.  Reading some of the numbers earlier today, I didn’t give Jones much chance at all.  Next time I read too much into those numbers, or especially Nate Silver, I give REB and/or Nash permission to slap me.  I would say BSWildcats too but I’m afraid his smack would hurt too bad....

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

And I am officially done with exit polls.  Reading some of the numbers earlier today, I didn’t give Jones much chance at all.  Next time I read too much into those numbers, or especially Nate Silver, I give REB and/or Nash permission to slap me.  I would say BSWildcats too but I’m afraid his smack would hurt too bad....

Lol, yep old BS ain't got da memo on getting out of shape yet :) 

As for the election, I wonder...........was justice served, or was a Senate seat bought by some rich liberal, or disgruntled conservative ?  I looked at it as a juror might a case (I'm a terrible juror btw - only one I was on that went to the jury, a civil case, was 11-1 & I was the 1).  Barring any definitive proof, I'd tend to think not guilty, primarily because of the 40 years between alleged crime and reporting said crime.  I remember a case (not exact details, but you'll get the idea) some years back where 2 girls in early 20's accused their father (parents?) of sexual abuse.  It was finally determined that the parents were innocent, and the memories of the girls had been manipulated.  If that story I recollect is true, I'd say we need a statue of limitations on these type accusations.  Also, again under "the story is true" premise, does that type manipulation only work on the young, or can an adult be subject to manipulation?  Based on the success China & N. Korea had with brainwashing during the war, I would say yes.  Without proof, and based on the information I presented, I would have had reasonable doubt.  But voters aren't restricted by the limitations of the law.

On the plus side, as Hoops pointed out, Moore would've been an anchor around the Repubs necks, and a monumental distraction during his term.  On the (minor) downside the Repubs lost a valuable Senate Seat.  On the (major) downside, this has proven that a few well timed, unconfirmed accusations, can tip the balance of power of our Govt.  I find that very disturbing, as should all Americans.  I can see this coming up again in the next 4 to 8 years.

For example, a 15 year old girl is at a rally for a congressman say 35 yr old, and ask for his autograph in her year book.  Ten years later the man runs for President.  The young lady, now 25, makes the same claims as the women did against Moore.  He was putting the hustle on me when I was only 15.  Look he signed my yearbook.  Well let's just hang'em high.

We need some restrictions on accusations, and severe charges in the event they are proven false, or we're going to lose some good potential politicians, and heaven knows we don't have many now.

8 hours ago, REBgp said:

As for the election, I wonder...........was justice served, or was a Senate seat bought by some rich liberal, or disgruntled conservative ?  I looked at it as a juror might a case (I'm a terrible juror btw - only one I was on that went to the jury, a civil case, was 11-1 & I was the 1).  Barring any definitive proof, I'd tend to think not guilty, primarily because of the 40 years between alleged crime and reporting said crime.  I remember a case (not exact details, but you'll get the idea) some years back where 2 girls in early 20's accused their father (parents?) of sexual abuse.  It was finally determined that the parents were innocent, and the memories of the girls had been manipulated.  If that story I recollect is true, I'd say we need a statue of limitations on these type accusations.  Also, again under "the story is true" premise, does that type manipulation only work on the young, or can an adult be subject to manipulation?  Based on the success China & N. Korea had with brainwashing during the war, I would say yes.  Without proof, and based on the information I presented, I would have had reasonable doubt.  But voters aren't restricted by the limitations of the law.

On the plus side, as Hoops pointed out, Moore would've been an anchor around the Repubs necks, and a monumental distraction during his term.  On the (minor) downside the Repubs lost a valuable Senate Seat.  On the (major) downside, this has proven that a few well timed, unconfirmed accusations, can tip the balance of power of our Govt.  I find that very disturbing, as should all Americans.  I can see this coming up again in the next 4 to 8 years.

For example, a 15 year old girl is at a rally for a congressman say 35 yr old, and ask for his autograph in her year book.  Ten years later the man runs for President.  The young lady, now 25, makes the same claims as the women did against Moore.  He was putting the hustle on me when I was only 15.  Look he signed my yearbook.  Well let's just hang'em high.

We need some restrictions on accusations, and severe charges in the event they are proven false, or we're going to lose some good potential politicians, and heaven knows we don't have many now.

Did you have a problem when that Democrat Congressman resigned a couple of weeks ago based on allegations? Admit defeat. I read that Trump is "walking back" his endorsement  of Moore. He is now saying that he knew Jones would win. 

I need a safe space, replete with tissues, Play-Doh, Crayons and puppies. This safe space needs to have a sky light so I can periodically shout at the sky. I would also like to emphatically state that the Senate seat was robbed. Everyone but Roy Moore is to blame for his loss. America no longer represents the values that I espouse, and the rest of the world will hate us. War is eminent, ending the reign of Man on this planet. (Ooops, I've been acting like a Liberal for so long I almost forgot I wasn't one. Nevermind.)

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Did you have a problem when that Democrat Congressman resigned a couple of weeks ago based on allegations? Admit defeat. I read that Trump is "walking back" his endorsement  of Moore. He is now saying that he knew Jones would win. 

Seriously Big Girl. If all you got out of my post (based on your above question/statement) is that I had a problem because a Repub didn't get elected, you really might want to limit your, already limited reading comprehension, to post of three lines or less.  Before posting on this subject again, please re-read and dissect my post, rather than - "It's from that old idoit Reb crying about that Repub losing".  I am old, and probably qualify as an idoit, but there's so much more in that post than about a Repub losing.  I did not mention Trump, or Jones, nor the Dem Congressman resigning.  As Hoops pointed out, Moore losing was probably more beneficial to the Republicans than his winning.  Please, read my post again, without the blinders of hate instilled in you by the Dem Party and the ultra left media you constantly read & post on here.  Read it, not as a Repub or Democrat, not as a white or black person, but as an American.  Then get back to me, hopefullay with a solution.

39 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I need a safe space, replete with tissues, Play-Doh, Crayons and puppies. This safe space needs to have a sky light so I can periodically shout at the sky. I would also like to emphatically state that the Senate seat was robbed. Everyone but Roy Moore is to blame for his loss. America no longer represents the values that I espouse, and the rest of the world will hate us. War is eminent, ending the reign of Man on this planet. (Ooops, I've been acting like a Liberal for so long I almost forgot I wasn't one. Nevermind.)

I know this is facetious but brings up an interesting point.  Why on earth would someone stop their campaign the weekend before the election?

40 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Thanks Eng, I needed a laugh.

And you, like the "esteemed" Gov of Ca, might have added, It's all because of Global Warming.  But you and I both know, there are so many lamentations from the Left, no one could possibly reference/remember them all.