Cop acquitted after executing unarmed man

PhatMack19

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Terrible!  How did they find 12 idiots to acquit him?  There is one glaring issue here, but I bet big girl or the associates won't touch it.

I can't understand why he couldn't hold the gun on him while his partner cuffed him. What's up with all the crawling?

24 minutes ago, baddog said:

Where is the left's outrage?  Talk about “Hands up, Don't shoot”. Why isn't this video on CNN? Ferguson was. 

Sorry for making this political. An innocent man was killed for no reason. Can't help but notice Big Girl not chiming in. WLM.

It is what it is.  Cops shoot and kill an unarmed white man.  Doesn't fit the narrative.  No burning of neighborhoods, looting, and chanting death to police.  The media with nothing to sensationalize.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Where is the left's outrage?  Talk about “Hands up, Don't shoot”. Why isn't this video on CNN? Ferguson was. 

Sorry for making this political. An innocent man was killed for no reason. Can't help but notice Big Girl not chiming in. WLM.

BLM has actually used this case for their cause.  They haven’t rioted or burned down cities but they are using this as an example and rightly so.  It hasn’t gotten nearly the attention it should by the media though.

The shooter was not the guy yelling the commands   It was a bad shooting, but the guy did reach for his pants and I’m sure that’s what got him off.  It didn’t hurt that his dad is a retired cop in town and current DA.

My real problem is the idiot yelling commands that had the man doing the hokey pokey down the hall way.  It’s like they tricked the guy into getting shot.  I would like TVC’s opinion on this.  Is it Normal police protocol to have someone crawl with their legs crossed and hands straight up in the air while being screamed at that if you make a wrong move you will die?

The officers get a call someone is pointing a rifle outside at a hotel... Serious stuff. 

The scene in the hallway in my honest opinion and I’m not trained or qualified to say but is all those directions necessary wouldn’t a stay on your knees hands in the air while my partner cuff while I have you in my crosshairs work.

From the video alone it seemed like the officers where pump for a showdown and wasn’t going home with a clean jersey.

47 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

BLM has actually used this case for their cause.  They haven’t rioted or burned down cities but they are using this as an example and rightly so.  It hasn’t gotten nearly the attention it should by the media though.

The shooter was not the guy yelling the commands   It was a bad shooting, but the guy did reach for his pants and I’m sure that’s what got him off.  It didn’t hurt that his dad is a retired cop in town and current DA.

My real problem is the idiot yelling commands that had the man doing the hokey pokey down the hall way.  It’s like they tricked the guy into getting shot.  I would like TVC’s opinion on this.  Is it Normal police protocol to have someone crawl with their legs crossed and hands straight up in the air while being screamed at that if you make a wrong move you will die?

Haven't seen the blm remarks. This is a terrible incident and puts cops in a bad light. Don't think it is a national, everyday problem. The court system is the problem child here.

34 minutes ago, Big girl said:

The dude that was shot must be white, because if he were black, you guys would be saying that he got what he deserved. Was he white?

You have to be the stupidest poster on this board. If you watch the video and read the posts, you wouldn't have to ask your ignorant question.

We all said there are some bad cops.  But the Police are given a lot of latitude when facing a threatening situation.  From what I read, he was pointing, what appeared to be, a rifle, with a scope out the window.  Cops that show up have no idea, other than that report, of intentions of those involved, or how many are involved.  That is the only reason I can think of for not just cuffing him in place - concern that someone else might appear from room shooting.  Dude must have been drunker than Cooter Brown.  Once, in my youth (mid 20's) after a night of "fun" catching Red Snapper & consuming free adult beverages, an officer had me spread eagled against a car, & i turned my head a little, he advised me if I did it again he would blow my motherblanking head off.  Instantaneously, I went from inebriated to stone cold sober.  Adrenaline?  Almost for sure.  Can't think of anything else that would cause that.  

Guilty?  Looks guilty from video, but I didn't hear trial testimony.  Did he have a right to shoot?  Jury thought so.  Should he have shot?  Doubt 95% of officers would have.  Even if it was a legal shoot, it wasn't a righteous shoot.  As JV Coach said, he probably ought to get in another line of work.  Jmo