West Orange Stark vs Wimberley

tennisbc

3 hours ago, LOUD and Proud said:

I really think Wimberly plays right into the Mustangs strengths. 

WOS will be able handle the big offensive line and stop the running game and get great pressure on the QB.

WOS has great athletes and cover skills on the back end to stop the passing game.

Wimberly will struggle to stop the power and speed of the WOS running game.

Well....I hope that WOS showcases that speed of the running game and doesn’t go with what looks like the “3rd yards and cloud of dust” approach of late.

17 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

Well....I hope that WOS showcases that speed of the running game and doesn’t go with what looks like the “3rd yards and cloud of dust” approach of late.

I’d run the ball.  keep Wimberley  offense off the field. I’m not saying get into a Wing t set but maybe some wild cat with some jet sweeps would work. WOS has been playing great defense 

14 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

I wonder why they don't ever do any zone read options from the spread. They got the perfect qb for it. Everytime they use him to run it's just a direct qb run. At least give the defense an option that the rb may have the ball. Jmo

And I remember the first scrimmage against png. The wos qb ran and pitched it to the running back on the option and he took it to the house but play was blew dead cause qb was about to get hit. I've been to about half the games and I haven't seen that play anymore. I figured that would be a good option play for the qb or rb to pick up some good yards

49 minutes ago, Bears in Hibernation said:

I’d run the ball.  keep Wimberley  offense off the field. I’m not saying get into a Wing t set but maybe some wild cat with some jet sweeps would work. WOS has been playing great defense 

I can't speak for coach T but I think that's exactly what his game plan would be.Long drives,burn the clock and rest the defense.If that don't work open the play book...they ain't no tomorrow. 

55 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

And I remember the first scrimmage against png. The wos qb ran and pitched it to the running back on the option and he took it to the house but play was blew dead cause qb was about to get hit. I've been to about half the games and I haven't seen that play anymore. I figured that would be a good option play for the qb or rb to pick up some good yards

Just now seeing the screen

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

State Championship should be pretty interesting either way this year. I'm picking the Hawks to beat Graham, and I'm really unsure about this game. WO-S has the pedigree, but man they've been letting some teams hang around for the past few weeks. Hope they don't let the wrong one hang around. 

no doubt

55 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

State Championship should be pretty interesting either way this year. I'm picking the Hawks to beat Graham, and I'm really unsure about this game. WO-S has the pedigree, but man they've been letting some teams hang around for the past few weeks. Hope they don't let the wrong one hang around. 

Putting all our eggs in one basket on this one.Defense,defense,defense.Not going to win a shootout with these guys but got to find a way to put up at least 4 td's,maybe more and hold them to less.That's a tall order but achievable.Will see.

This post is in response to GUNGHO's post (I couldn't get the quote feature to work):

I know this is irrelevant but wasn't it Robinson last year that had a QB setting the world on fire with his passing.We all know how that turned out for them.Salado completed some passes on us because we weren't really defending the pass.After coach made the adjustment they were ineffective with the pass.I am concerned about our offense so we can't get in a shoot out with Wimberly, so if we advance it will be on the defense once again. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a little help though.lol

Alas, if we'd only had a defense last year I think it would have been a much better game.  Putting 14 on that 2016 defense was pretty good though.  We sorta got y'all back in the Spring on the diamond, maybe we'll both advance far enough in the Spring and meet up again.  Safe travels to you all for the upcoming game.

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I agree.but it's the conservative play calling for some odd reason and it has me scratching my head sometimes .hopefully they open up the playbook 

1 hour ago, Rocket Man said:

This post is in response to GUNGHO's post (I couldn't get the quote feature to work):

I know this is irrelevant but wasn't it Robinson last year that had a QB setting the world on fire with his passing.We all know how that turned out for them.Salado completed some passes on us because we weren't really defending the pass.After coach made the adjustment they were ineffective with the pass.I am concerned about our offense so we can't get in a shoot out with Wimberly, so if we advance it will be on the defense once again. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a little help though.lol

Alas, if we'd only had a defense last year I think it would have been a much better game.  Putting 14 on that 2016 defense was pretty good though.  We sorta got y'all back in the Spring on the diamond, maybe we'll both advance far enough in the Spring and meet up again.  Safe travels to you all for the upcoming game.

Yeah ya did.lol.I know what you mean by the quote button I have trouble with it to sometimes.

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Just curious as to what you guys think about Thompson. Is he considered an "elite" coach?

WOS is over 80% in the wins category, coach Thompson has been there for all but a few years of the 40 years the school has existed. There have been many good coach’s along the way . A few of the players have come back to coach as well . They know the system and what it takes to be successful at a high level.

Coach T cares about these kids and they feel it. He gets the right athelete s in the right positions. That’s why it seems they just keep reloading .

Been watching the highlights of Wimberley and their QB has a great arm as a pocket passer not much more. Their RB isn't bad either but most all the teams they have faced didn't seem to bring the pressure WOS has been bringing all year long. I truly feel if WOS defense plays like they have been playing then it will be a long night for the Texans. I think WOS team speed will separate these two teams and the offense will do what they need to do to win the game not a blow out but to win it.  My hope are that WOS has fixed their coverage on kick offs and punt returns, cause the last thing WOS wants to do is give a short field to a team like Wimberley.  Also I don't see WOS secondary allowing the Wimberley  WR to get behind them.  WOS clicks on ALL cylinders this Friday and they show why they are Reigning Champs of 4A DII.

1 hour ago, chukslegacy said:

Been watching the highlights of Wimberley and their QB has a great arm as a pocket passer not much more. Their RB isn't bad either but most all the teams they have faced didn't seem to bring the pressure WOS has been bringing all year long. I truly feel if WOS defense plays like they have been playing then it will be a long night for the Texans. I think WOS team speed will separate these two teams and the offense will do what they need to do to win the game not a blow out but to win it.  My hope are that WOS has fixed their coverage on kick offs and punt returns, cause the last thing WOS wants to do is give a short field to a team like Wimberley.  Also I don't see WOS secondary allowing the Wimberley  WR to get behind them.  WOS clicks on ALL cylinders this Friday and they show why they are Reigning Champs of 4A DII.

Boom well said, my crystal ball has spoken 24 7 stagz