West Orange Stark vs Wimberley

tennisbc

6 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Wimberly has 2 1000 yd receivers and a qb that has thrown for close to 50 tds this year. They are very athletic and well coached. I will be sitting with the Stangs but I was bad luck on 05 I guess. This is will be my favorite matchup of the playoffs so far.

Have they played anyone as good as Kennedale? WOS will rise to the occasion.

4 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

They just beat Cuero. I'm not saying they won't rise to the occasion. I just think this team will be the best team WOS has played. I could also say the same for Wimberly though.

To me the best team WOS has played this year was still Kennedale, They have a chance to win state as well.

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

Wimberley will be physical.  Part of the reason they beat WOS the last time they played was because they were more physical.  They looked pretty good on some of the highlights I’ve seen, but that’s just highlights.

i doubt they’ve seen the speed and athletic ability that WOS has though.

Should be a very competitive and interesting game either way.

And Beasley had 4 turnovers too

56 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Wimberly has 2 1000 yd receivers and a qb that has thrown for close to 50 tds this year. They are very athletic and well coached. I will be sitting with the Stangs but I was bad luck on 05 I guess. This is will be my favorite matchup of the playoffs so far.

Live by it and die by it. I see some int’s in his future, and he will find himself on his back unless the holding calls don’t get made, holding is the only way he will have enough time to throw. This defense is quick, amazing they graduated most of the starting team last year , and here they are again. Should be a great game.

51 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I believe WOS matches up better with the Texans than Cuero...I was worried about Cuero all season....I think the Stangs will get it done by 10 points!!

I can see why you would think this #1, most of the 21 seniors who will be graduating from Cuero next year were Sophomores  when we beat them in 2015. If we had played them this year they would have had more incentive to want pay back. Wink Wink WOS... :) 2005 was such a long time ago I doubt that our players care about revenge so much as we fans do.

I know this is irrelevant but wasn't it Robinson last year that had a QB setting the world on fire with his passing.We all know how that turned out for them.Salado completed some passes on us because we weren't really defending the pass.After coach made the adjustment they were ineffective with the pass.I am concerned about our offense so we can't get in a shoot out with Wimberly, so if we advance it will be on the defense once again. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a little help though.lol

29 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

I know this is irrelevant but wasn't it Robinson last year that had a QB setting the world on fire with his passing.We all know how that turned out for them.Salado completed some passes on us because we weren't really defending the pass.After coach made the adjustment they were ineffective with the pass.I am concerned about our offense so we can't get in a shoot out with Wimberly, so if we advance it will be on the defense once again. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a little help though.lol

Sweetwater's qb was lightin up the world to last year. They didn't get an offensive Td. 

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

4 games into the playoffs only givin up 29 points with 2 shutouts 

Crazy stat!

Things are about to get way tougher though.  Outside of Madisonville, the playoff competition has been suspect.  Both Wimberley and the state title game, the offense will have to play much better, and the special teams.  Can’t give these teams short fields!

Just got through watching Cuero/Wimberly game.Cuero had no rush to speak of.Cuero seemed to have the better balanced attack and Wimberly just lives on the big play.Cuero missed a big play that the receiver dropped the ball at Wimberly's 4 yrd line and would have scored.If they make that it would have put them up by two scores late and I don't think Wimberly comes back.Wimberly's QB takes a very deep drop and most of his receivers were wide open.I really was not that impressed anyone could catch those.If we can play their receivers tight, get a good pass rush I think we will be ok.

42 minutes ago, marshman said:

Don't think I'll be able to get off work early two Fridays in a row so realistically if I leave at 4 from Port Arthur do you think it's possible to make it the game by kickoff? With all the Friday evening Houston traffic?

Yes. But u want be able to I 10. U will have to go hwy 99.

2 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Just got through watching Cuero/Wimberly game.Cuero had no rush to speak of.Cuero seemed to have the better balanced attack and Wimberly just lives on the big play.Cuero missed a big play that the receiver dropped the ball at Wimberly's 4 yrd line and would have scored.If they make that it would have put them up by two scores late and I don't think Wimberly comes back.Wimberly's QB takes a very deep drop and most of his receivers were wide open.I really was not that impressed anyone could catch those.If we can play their receivers tight, get a good pass rush I think we will be ok.

Yes pass rush is 80% of your pass coverage 

I really think Wimberly plays right into the Mustangs strengths. 

WOS will be able handle the big offensive line and stop the running game and get great pressure on the QB.

WOS has great athletes and cover skills on the back end to stop the passing game.

Wimberly will struggle to stop the power and speed of the WOS running game.