PN-G or just football fans in general......

aki1994

25 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

*sigh* when u wanna debate but can't give a good opinion because you weren't alive. I was born in 91.

All I can really say then 2017 takes a Loss, but I put money that Roschon is a problem all night.

Lol, what can I say I'll never bet against him. 

My top 5 in my time. Never seen the 70's teams..

1. 1999    You know that story

2. 1989    If we were not banged up so bad we go the distance

3. 1996    Best defense I've seen

4. 1998    Dakari Pearson by far the quickest dude i have ever seen

5. 1992    Well, you know, because we beat WOS, had a DC and destroyed Nederland. We just could not get past Silsbee...

What you think P.B.F.????  That is about as legit as you could get right there. And to think some folks thought I played a tuba.... Or was it free safety? Who cares at this point!!!!

And for the ones who will hate... The difference is all of those teams would have popped them wide receivers till they gave up. PAM times 4. I will say RoJo would make it tough on the 98 team. Not sure he has the blocking Dayton had for DP, but he has the quicks.

4 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

That’s what a good brothers suppose to say.

Only 11 years old at the time, I was at every game they played in 89.  On the sidelines for some of them.  

Like I mentioned, that A&M consolidated team was for real, and was led by an amazing QB much like your brother and only scored 31.  

The 2017 version would get beat down badly!

Cliff Groce was a beast at RB. Played for the Colts for years. Carpenter banged him up and he didnt play in the semis... If he did, they go the distance....

25 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

5. 1992    Well, you know, because we beat WOS, had a DC and destroyed Nederland. We just could not get past Silsbee...

What you think P.B.F.????  That is about as legit as you could get right there. And to think some folks thought I played a tuba.... Or was it free safety? Who cares at this point!!!!

And for the ones who will hate... The difference is all of those teams would have popped them wide receivers till they gave up. PAM times 4. I will say RoJo would make it tough on the 98 team. Not sure he has the blocking Dayton had for DP, but he has the quicks.

I was a senior when the 92 team was playing they were very physical. The battle between PNG and WOS was a classic when we stopped the 2 point conversion on the end zone by recovering a fumble. Man what a game. Wished I would have moved back to PNG sooner sonIncould have played 

HOw about this one Stat?? Best single games you have ever seen say top 5 or ten played by our Indians 

that 96 team was salty with a down right dirty offensive line cappadonna was a true speedster no doubt like I mentioned before I have the bridge city game from 96 on dvd

My favorite game was probably the 1999 Lamarque game mainly because they were huge underdogs against Lamarque and Freaking Golhke lit them up from the safety position they were so scared to attempt a catch across the middle he single handedly effected that game he crushed that one wr never before have I seen a single hit so much change the outcome of a game but he did it 

4 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

My favorite game was probably the 1999 Lamarque game mainly because they were huge underdogs against Lamarque and Freaking Golhke lit them up from the safety position they were so scared to attempt a catch across the middle he single handedly effected that game he crushed that one wr never before have I seen a single hit so much change the outcome of a game but he did it 

Gholke is on the Hall of Honor for a reason 

34 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

In our time yessir those are some good ones 

47 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

*sigh* when u wanna debate but can't give a good opinion because you weren't alive. I was born in 91.

All I can really say then 2017 takes a Loss, but I put money that Roschon is a problem all night.

Lol, what can I say I'll never bet against him. 

YOU SHOUld never Bet against him he is one of the Indians very very best ever

I was in the 89 video, right guard on the punt team as a sophomore! I’ll never forget lining up against the Lamarque Def Lineman, those dudes were massive! 89 Special Teams blows away any Indians special teams in History! Wags was kicking 60 yarders in practice and had Ancelet running the “Bonzai” kick off team!

Danny Malone stunk of aggressive physical play! First thing he did when he step on the reservation was good ole Texas Basketball! The most brutal offseason game you could play! Guys lined up outside the nurses office!

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

That’s what a good brothers suppose to say.

Only 11 years old at the time, I was at every game they played in 89.  On the sidelines for some of them.  

Like I mentioned, that A&M consolidated team was for real, and was led by an amazing QB much like your brother and only scored 31.  

The 2017 version would get beat down badly!

Badly, no doubt.  89 team played offense AND DEFENSE, wouldn't be close

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

I played on 2 of those teams...good times!

Good conversation! I was a freshman Danny Malone's last year and heard his wrath more than once. He was your classic throw back coach. 

The only reason I compared 89 to 2017 was due to my friends brother playing on the 89 team (Scott Young) and the 2017 season just finishing. 

Scoring points is fun to watch but having that mentality to physically impose your will and make the other team fear you is something that is lacking today for most high school football I watch. 

14 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Well. This is the truth and I would put money on this. 89 team wins easily. 17 team might not score. Droddy, Hart, Bost in the secondary. Robertson could throw, Ron would run for days. Whitehead would kill folks, and The Carpenter brother would give concussions. Gizzi would get twice the yardage as usual... Not even close. Ohh, and the coaching, would shut BF down... All you folk are guessing, I was there..... As well as PBF. Not a contest. BF still scratching hear a week later after DM slapped him.... MB on the defensive side, Crommet on the offensive side. DC was Fisher... Now lets hear some paddy cake. Any of you that played with me know what I am talking about..........

You are telling me the 89 team would keep RJ out of the end zone??? not saying they would win but, out of the end zone..... WOW

RoJo is a beast... I love the kid. 

But all the mentioned teams above best you down. Danny Malone is PNG football... He turned us from losers to winners... We loved him, parents hated him, but we would die for the guy....

PBF to answer my top game

1. 89 vs WOS

2. 92 vs WOS

3. 96 vs Nederland

4. 96 vs BC

5. 99 vs Lamarque

6. 99 vs WOS

7. 14 vs WOS

8. 09 Central

9. 10 Manvel

10. 17 Crosby, although I watched on Tv from work....i

Ironically, we where 6-4 in those games...

7 hours ago, PNG1984 said:

You are telling me the 89 team would keep RJ out of the end zone??? not saying they would win but, out of the end zone..... WOW

I love RoJo... But it would be tough. If BF ran him 40 times, oh man, real tough.... No knock On RJ.. He wins  a Sc with any of those teams with him at helm other than 99. Different brand. That's why we get so upset at our defense. We have never been bigger faster stronger.. We just where taught to be better and physical... it's all fun and games though, can't play the game....

21 hours ago, MackLewis said:

And the 1989 A&M Consolidated team that beat them was pretty phenomenal as well.

Seems like the NDN's need to find a way to beat College Station ISD!! .  Sent home two years in a row by CSHS last year and this year and apparently A&M Consolidated was giving us hell 30 years ago!!!  

5 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I love RoJo... But it would be tough. If BF ran him 40 times, oh man, real tough.... No knock On RJ.. He wins  a Sc with any of those teams with him at helm other than 99. Different brand. That's why we get so upset at our defense. We have never been bigger faster stronger.. We just where taught to be better and physical... it's all fun and games though, can't play the game....

Bingo!! Shotgun alley.....got to bring it back

57 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Bingo!! Shotgun alley.....got to bring it back

Shotgun alley...that's where it was at! We also had some pretty intense offseason wrestling matches under Burnett. We were just coached all around to be the most physical players on the football field at all times. Pain is temporary, pride is forever!

7 hours ago, Aggie521 said:

Shotgun alley...that's where it was at! We also had some pretty intense offseason wrestling matches under Burnett. We were just coached all around to be the most physical players on the football field at all times. Pain is temporary, pride is forever!

Could not have said it better.... Funny story about Malone.. He would come watch our practice for the last 10 minutes when I was a Freshman. Just in time for gassers. He would tell us we where gonna run gassers until someone puked. These are real gassers i am talking of, there back, there back, touch the line every time. Well he was not bullshiting, someone would have to puke. So every day before we started practice, we would load a friend of ours who was a backup lineman with cokes. After about 3 he would puke every practice.... But that is the only way we could end it. Reguardless, we would lay wood in the 4th quarter like no other team.... We thought he was crazy, but at home games he would be on the sidelines, I think we played on Tuesdays or something as freshman. We are getting beat pretty good by Lincoln at the half, he walks over to us and says, yall are about to go out there and beat some ...... in the second half because you have been prepared... Well, it happened, and that is when the buy in began... I am often amazed how for some reason, a guy like D.M. is given no credit, but the guy he took over from, which is by far the worst coach ever to walk the halls of PNG, is in the ring of honor on the other site... As I said, he turned us from losers, to winners.. 80's P.N.G. football was a joke until 89... So in conclusion, those mid 80s guy can try to run the school boards, booster clubs, and city stuff.... But until 89, well, Ill just leave it at, numbers don't lie.........

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, prepballfan said:

Some 1999 PN-G vs Lamarque perhaps one of PN-G's greatest performances as an underdog at least in my time. I have the 1999 PN-G Shertz Clemons game. The 1999 State Championship game. I have the 1996 PN-G vs Bridge City game featuring Capadona as well. 

Cappadana  was one of those bench players that had you scratching your head, Why that kid wasn't a starter still boggles my mind.

You can go back and compare those teams in past to present, I think it comes down to the athletes and the general aspect of how coaching has changed over the years, I think the offenses have come along ways and the defenses have more or less dropped off. When you think about the 89 team Statt you are pushed to say that they are better because it was our friends and buddies out there getting it done, But the offense and the defense had special players on it some going both ways. With us being in high school back then it is just stuck in our memory banks because it was so much fun. One thing is for sure PNG football has always been there for us thru the good and the bad.