CYPRESS HOOPS INVITATIONAL/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just folks that need to punch holes in Silsbee's armor to make them feel they have a chance. ;)

I do agree that this Silsbee team is not as good as last year's team but I still think they can beat any 4A team in the state and are the favorites to win the title.

Also remember this, some are talking about players being hungry. Well Silsbee has one particular player who is very hungry since he did miss half of district and all of the playoffs last year. ;)

If your Team can win games against Teams 1-2 classifications bigger, you're definitely on the right path. I haven't seen Silsbee play this year, but I'm sure they are just as good as last year. The reason I say this, where they may lack the depth of last years team, the guys now know they can Win a Title. Years before Silsbee has been told they could or should win, they actually did it last year & that journey will stoke the fire burning inside players from last years Team & the new faces. The Coaching staff benefits also, there won't be any bigger games played before Spring Break in San Antonio, so they can relax & ride the waves of Coaching. The program has been established long ago, now it's time to Reap the benefits. That Championship Validated all other Tiger teams that had the talent, but fell short. Lastly, no need to panic. Now that they don't have the pressure of an undefeated season they can just play ball. I don't care if they lose 5 games as long as they are where they want to be when March gets here, everything else is par for the course. Good Luck & God Bless Tigers

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Also remember this, some are talking about players being hungry. Well Silsbee has one particular player who is very hungry since he did miss half of district and all of the playoffs last year. ;)

Yes, young Mr. Devon has had a very interesting high school basketball experience.  To say it's been eventful is a huge understatement.  We all remember the terrifying injury in the championship game in 16.  And as for last year.  Well.  I'm reminded of Patton's quote after he'd been sacked for slapping a soldier, "I wish I'd kissed the son of a b_____".

I think it's fair to say that there is one Tiger who holds, shall we say, special feelings about the possibility of a repeat?

Silsbee and Yates will be favorites to reach the Regional Finals. Silsbee has bench better than some think. I think you will see Chris Martin or Landon Tyler 1st off the bench then Tre Lowe, Decoby Jones, Adonis Thomas, and Aaron Sells. Silsbee doesn't have great size as last year but with 6'4, 6'5, 6'2, 5'7, and maybe 6'0 starting that still nice size. We will have not much size coming off the bench but once the football players get in shape we will be solid. I saw a few getting winded thus weekend. They have only had 2 full practices up to this point. Also Silsbee hasn' lost to a 5A team snd best about five 6A teams. All loses were to 6A. Center will have a tough time playing Silsbee. 

(Also Silsbee hasn't lost to a 5A team and best about five 6A teams. All loses were to 6A.)

Silsbee has 4 D1 players (3 basketball & 1 football& possibly more to come )there are not too many schools in the state with that type of talent on it. Does it matter if they win or lose to a 5a or 6a school.

Man, if you can Hoop... YOU CAN HOOP!!!!

- Trae Young - Oklahoma Sooners

And I don't now exactly what it is about Bush in big Games But he seems to go off. Ow yes I Do It's called been there and done that...lol Adams is dangerous in every game anywhere on the court and Devon well we all know he is Devon and what he is capable of the teams we will be playing don't so get ready 4A .  lol Barnes is a straight up beast any where on the court and can get up with the best of them. And will put up big numbers.  Lyndon is playing on a hole other level this year playing great smart ball and Martin will be hard to handle once he gets going. With still lots of talent on the bench.  :)