CYPRESS HOOPS INVITATIONAL/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

13 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Something you all have to remeber. The football kids have has 2 practices and the Cy Fair tourney is better than the Fort Bend tourney. I was at the game and yes they missed Barnes but North Shore will go a few rounds deep in 6A. Silsbee is still the best in 4A. Yates is solid as well and I think it will come down to those two. Silsbee could go play in the Woodville or Huntington Tourney. What good is that? Last year' team last to Wagner, FB Hightower, Alief Taylor, and Skyline. Thus year we have lost to Concordia, Wagner twice, and North Shore. What's to worry about? They have lost to 6A schools only. 6A schools have anywhere between 3000-4000 students. Now I'd be worried if we lost to Cleveland or LA Marque next week. We have Martin, Adonis, Newton, Barnes, Sells, and White who just played a playoff game 8 days ago. Give this team time to get 3 or 4 weeks together. They will be fine. 

I'd like to see a couple of more rings for these boys.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

I was at the Wax game last year in Dallas.  That was a fun game.  Both teams were really playing. 

If Silsbee had a post they could play with anybody.  He wouldn't need to score, just defend and get rebounds.  The 4A division would already be decided.  But they don't.  So it will be very interesting.

Barnes will defend rebound and score. He just lacks the standing height can get off the floor with most anyone.

52 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Something you all have to remeber. The football kids have has 2 practices and the Cy Fair tourney is better than the Fort Bend tourney. I was at the game and yes they missed Barnes but North Shore will go a few rounds deep in 6A. Silsbee is still the best in 4A. Yates is solid as well and I think it will come down to those two. Silsbee could go play in the Woodville or Huntington Tourney. What good is that? Last year' team last to Wagner, FB Hightower, Alief Taylor, and Skyline. Thus year we have lost to Concordia, Wagner twice, and North Shore. What's to worry about? They have lost to 6A schools only. 6A schools have anywhere between 3000-4000 students. Now I'd be worried if we lost to Cleveland or LA Marque next week. We have Martin, Adonis, Newton, Barnes, Sells, and White who just played a playoff game 8 days ago. Give this team time to get 3 or 4 weeks together. They will be fine. 

This post says a lot.  Finally no Bs from BS.  The difference between this year and last at this point, besides the obvious graduates, is time.  Last year we lost to Carthage in the first round of the football playoffs.  This year it was the third round.  That’s two weeks of practice, another tourney and a few more games that we had played at this point.  A loss to North Shore is nothing to worry about.  They have a big advantage in size on us and some good players.  We need a little more practice and playing time to fix some areas right now.  I have said more than once.....we won’t be playing close to our potential until the beginning of the year.  We will still win many games but that’s when I feel you will start seeing the real Tiger team.

This years team may not have the same kind of depth that we had last year but still has plenty that will be used.  Once they get their basketball legs and feel you will see it.  We have a few kinks right now but they will get ironed out.  Too much trying to be read into a loss to a pretty good 6A school.

47 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

NS loses to Cy Creek by 15 today (62-47). NS is a average 6A team, I don’t expect to see them in San Antonio. 

Silsbee will get this team on the right track once district play begins. I don’t see anyone challenging them in district play. 

I don’t think the Tigers will see a challange until Regional Finals. Bet the Lions can still recall Bush making those 4th Q 3s last year. Silsbee will be ok just missing those hungry seniors from last year but these guys will find their way.

13 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

I don’t think the Tigers will see a challange until Regional Finals. Bet the Lions can still recall Bush making those 4th Q 3s last year. Silsbee will be ok just missing those hungry seniors from last year but these guys will find their way.

It would be nice to see a Yates vs Silsbee re-match in Huntsville 

If we can get Bass back.  He's listed at 6'3".  Have him and Barnes in the post.  The outside shooters, Jordan, Bush get their eye back.  K'drain will hit a 3.  Landon has a smooth pull up mid range game.  Devon keeps doing what he does.  It should all come together.  All the way to and thru the championship game in SA?  Ion k.  We shall see.

As far as Silsbee vs Yates this year ...From what I’ve seen THUS FAR this year , and from what I’ve seen in the Cy fair tournament even with the football players added unless Yates is having a bad game Silsbee is gonna have to play over their heads to beat them...Yates are bigger ,  better and a more complete team   than North Shore ..i thought Silsbee pressed relentlessly they’ stayed in  zone  the whole game vs Cy springs 

16 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

As far as Silsbee vs Yates this year ...From what I’ve seen THUS FAR this year , and from what I’ve seen in the Cy fair tournament even with the football players added unless Yates is having a bad game Silsbee is gonna have to play over their heads to beat them...Yates are bigger ,  better and a more complete team   than North Shore ..i thought Silsbee pressed relentlessly they’ stayed in  zone  the whole game vs Cy springs 

Exactly playing different styles and learning at this point...

Senior  leadership is undervalued ..they’ appear to be  light inside this year and especially missing leadership from that little light skinned fiesty guard they had last year ...not sure but I think he came off the bench but he rarely got rattled or intimidated..when younger players See that their  leaders/seniors  are composed they keep their composure 

30 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

With the guard upgrade and senior players, Yates has a good change on returning to Huntsville. Every team in Region 3 will be trying to take Silsbee’s Crown. It’s not easy Winning Back 2 Back Championships

1 hour ago, bayou city 713 said:

Yates must have added more players if they are bigger & better as stated. I only remember 1 Player that was taller than anyone on on the Tigers roster last year. I know your saying that Yates is better in your eyes right now but can you tell me how many ranked 6A & 5A teams they have played so far? Also how did they do against Houston Christian.... did you watch that game? I think we still have a lot more ball to play. Looking forward to this matchup & think that whoever plays  their best will come out on top.

7 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

Yates must have added more players if they are bigger & better as stated. I only remember 1 Player that was taller than anyone on on the Tigers roster last year. I know your saying that Yates is better in your eyes right now but can you tell me how many ranked 6A & 5A teams they have played so far? Also how did they do against Houston Christian.... did you watch that game? I think we still have a lot more ball to play. Looking forward to this matchup & think that whoever plays  their best will come out on top.

Im a North Shore fan / native  ....but Ummm yes I was at the Houston Christian game and it was a competitive game ..they have several D1’s ..pg is going to A&M ...smart and exceptional pg play beats Yates when they lose .and bro I keep up and watch a lot of High school basketball ...with the exception of their loss nobody has come close to beating them , and this is with their coach tinkering in and out different line ups ...their stating guards are 6’0 6’3&6’4 one of their guards from last year hit a crazy growth spurt the Rubin jones kid....have you seen them play ? 

21 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Im a North Shore fan / native  ....but Ummm yes I was at the Houston Christian game and it was a competitive game ..they have several D1’s ..pg is going to A&M ...smart and exceptional pg play beats Yates when they lose .and bro I keep up and watch a lot of High school basketball ...with the exception of their loss nobody has come close to beating them , and this is with their coach tinkering in and out different line ups ...their stating guards are 6’0 6’3&6’4 one of their guards from last year hit a crazy growth spurt the Rubin jones kid....have you seen them play ? 

Last time I watched Yates play was in the Regional Finals. But you said after the Houston Christian game nobody else  has come close to beating them. How many of those nobody else’s are 6A or ranked teams?

Also I know what type of players Houston Christian has on their team.... I saw them when Silsbee matched up last year.

6’0 6’3 6’4 hhhmmm seems like this will be a great match up if it happens.

Yates.  So much can happen between now and then.  It would be a great rematch.  So would Argyle - that was a cliff hanger.  Do I want to think about all that right now?  

Anyway we have more immediate issues at hand.  The Tigers travel to Center to face the 5th ranked Roughriders on the 19th.  A long way to drive on a Tuesday evening for a December game but it should be interesting.  How many will venture forth?