CYPRESS HOOPS INVITATIONAL/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, Who That said:

Your 13 point differents is Barnes.! 

My take in this game is Barnes would have made a big difference with his rebounding and putbacks.  I don’t think either team played their best. Maybe it was just too early and neither team really went rhrough much of a warmup.  If that was about normal go NS then if we play like our normal, we win.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

That was the full team (Silsbee) that beat them last year.  When they beat Wax last year that's when I knew they could and would go all the way.

Barnes and them didn't make it their tI'll the Lincoln game then we played Skyline We played Wax that morning with Silsbee Lite. 

The football players played against Westbury Christian and that was the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  I was at that game, and I remember seeing them.  The guard for Westbury, Charles Smith IV drove the lane and threw down a monster jam, with Will Jones III standing underneath.  It was a poster moment.  The DISD tournament was later, in December.   The full team played against Wax.

The defending 4A State Champs losing to NS is upset, and only scoring 40 pts WOW. Is the coach working on his rotation are the players not focused??? I can recall a year ago this team crushing their opponents at this particular time of the year. This is not the same team (same players) that run though their non-conference games last year 

5 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I agree.  Last year's team was a monster.  I was trying to hold back on saying that.  Maybe this team will put it together and play just as good or better.  So far it's not happening.

May have lost that killer after getting a ring. They played hungry ever game last year. And they havent been "lite" in any game this year. The three best starters playing  makes them Silsbee "medium" at worst lol.

Last year the team, the town and all alumni were frustrated.  We wanted that ring.  The team wanted it bad.  Everyone had a chip on their shoulders, a 50 year old chip.  A lot of those seniors last year were on the team when they lost to Lincoln in SA, and to Houston Sterling a year before that.  Those seniors were all alpha dogs. They went after steals, rebounds and loose b balls like piranha fish.  Silsbee had both WJIII and K Barnes underneath.  They didn't have an overwhelming presence in the post, but it was enough to get the job done.   Like Jim Thorpe said from here on out it will be interesting.

I'm not sure losing to North Shore is an upset. They kicked PA Memorial's butts also, and they're the best team in SET, at least if you ask them about it.

I just don't get doing 5 in and 5 out this year. I'd rather have good support around the big 4 and make sure at least two of them are on the court at all times. Also, where are all the new players at? This is mostly the same bunch from last year with guys who didn't play as much getting more time. Silsbee usually has a factory to churn out as many players as needed, even if it's mainly just two neighborhoods that make up these teams.

We used to could at least get a few 6`5 or 6`6 players on our teams. I'm a little under 6`2 and I see kids taller than me all the time. I saw a kid yesterday who was, I think, 15 and 6`6. Problem is he ain't the basketball playing type, and neither are most the other tall kids i see when I'm out and abut in town.

I more interested in the upcoming Center game in a few weeks. If we struggle or lose to another 4a team, it's time for Coach Sig to light a fire under some butts.

Something you all have to remeber. The football kids have has 2 practices and the Cy Fair tourney is better than the Fort Bend tourney. I was at the game and yes they missed Barnes but North Shore will go a few rounds deep in 6A. Silsbee is still the best in 4A. Yates is solid as well and I think it will come down to those two. Silsbee could go play in the Woodville or Huntington Tourney. What good is that? Last year' team last to Wagner, FB Hightower, Alief Taylor, and Skyline. Thus year we have lost to Concordia, Wagner twice, and North Shore. What's to worry about? They have lost to 6A schools only. 6A schools have anywhere between 3000-4000 students. Now I'd be worried if we lost to Cleveland or LA Marque next week. We have Martin, Adonis, Newton, Barnes, Sells, and White who just played a playoff game 8 days ago. Give this team time to get 3 or 4 weeks together. They will be fine.