4A DI

L-Train11

24 minutes ago, Bears in Hibernation said:

Navasota and splendora stadiums are nice

Splendora is nice too. I was out there last week. Have not been to Navasota. But the point is Bridge City has no business stadium shaming anyone. 

Bear Stadium will always hold a special place in my heart. 

I do wish Livingston would flip the stadium around and give the visitors the home side which has been renovated with new bathrooms and concessions (top notch actually) and build a new home side where the visitors is now. But we've been blowing money on new schools.  

4 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Splendora is nice too. I was out there last week. Have not been to Navasota. But the point is Bridge City has no business stadium shaming anyone. 

I do wish Livingston would flip the stadium around and give the visitors the home side which has been renovated with new bathrooms and concessions (top notch actually) and build a new home side where the visitors is now. But we've been blowing money on new schools.  

Who besides Lumberton will have turf in this district?

11 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Yep if you get a chance Navasota has good facility. Probably the best in our district then Huffman and splendora  . Bc is out dated. I’d love for us to have Better stands and rest rooms. 

27 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

To do that they will have to purchase a couple, maybe 3, homes and tear them down. But yes, that is the perfect solution to the problem.

However, they also need new lighting and a new playing surface.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

To do that they will have to purchase a couple, maybe 3, homes and tear them down. But yes, that is the perfect solution to the problem.

However, they also need new lighting and a new playing surface.

And parking... the ISD tons of property near the new high school, old high school, and jr high for a Stadium. As far as stadium shaming goes, when ours is hands down bigger and better than 5A Livingston’s, they should be ashamed. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

And parking... the ISD tons of property near the new high school, old high school, and jr high for a Stadium. As far as stadium shaming goes, when ours is hands down bigger and better than 5A Livingston’s, they should be ashamed. 

I don't know why you have such a hard on for Livingston but as far as I'm concerned the seats on the home side are fine with me.  I'm really gonna enjoy the drubbing coming your way. 

Clip the Cards (except the Lamar variety, they're good people)!

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I don't know why you have such a hard on for Livingston but as far as I'm concerned the seats on the home side are fine with me.  I'm really gonna enjoy the drubbing coming your way. 

Clip the Cards (except the Lamar variety, they're good people)!

I’m really ready for next year you and CB are going to have some good conversation. By the way Bridge City leads the series 4-1 last time played was 1977

2 hours ago, Bears in Hibernation said:

I’m really ready for next year you and CB are going to have some good conversation. By the way Bridge City leads the series 4-1 last time played was 1977

BearEssentials97 isn’t one of yall’s? I know the Lions have to be excited about moving down after being perrenial doormats in 5A. I’m not convinced they’ll do a whole lot better in 4A D1. 

Livingston just isn’t a school with very good extracurriculars. I mean, everybody is good at something. We just don’t know what y’all do well, yet. Do y’all excel at showing animals at the livestock show? What about UIL? Maybe that’s what y’all are good at and the rest of us just don’t know yet. Maybe the new high school fishing competitions are something y’all can dominate.  

How sweet it is!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

BearEssentials97 isn’t one of yall’s? I know the Lions have to be excited about moving down after being perrenial doormats in 5A. I’m not convinced they’ll do a whole lot better in 4A D1. 

Livingston just isn’t a school with very good extracurriculars. I mean, everybody is good at something. We just don’t know what y’all do well, yet. Do y’all excel at showing animals at the livestock show? What about UIL? Maybe that’s what y’all are good at and the rest of us just don’t know yet. Maybe the new high school fishing competitions are something y’all can dominate.  

How sweet it is!!!!!!

He’s a graduate of LCM I believe.  but sounds like he might pulling for Livingston. Maybe he lives over there now. You know about that transplant stuff lol

On 12/7/2017 at 1:52 PM, CardinalBacker said:

They didn't misplace him.... they ran him off.  

Livingston isn't, and hasn't ever been, concerned with having a successful football program.  In fact, they're committed to sucking on the grandest of scales, up to and including even building a stadium that would be necessary for a moderately successful 3A program.  

When was this stadium you speak of built?  I missed this one.

I misspoke... they’re committed to NOT building a stadium. 

5 hours ago, Bears in Hibernation said:

I look forward to the Lions thumping Bridge City. 

Our Jr highs have played the past few years. Y'all ain't look too good when my son was running all over you. BC is in for a rough few years.

I'm off to basketball season. Try to stay within 40 when you play LCM.

50 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I look forward to the Lions thumping Bridge City. 

Our Jr highs have played the past few years. Y'all ain't look too good when my son was running all over you. BC is in for a rough few years.

I'm off to basketball season. Try to stay within 40 when you play LCM.

Livingston basketball?? Maybe you should go straight to baseball season.

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Livingston basketball?? Maybe you should go straight to baseball season.

Jeez... I was at PNG about 8 years ago when the Lyin’s beat the Indians on PNG’s homecoming. There were honestly 21 Lyin’ Fans there to witness it. 10,000 screaming Indian fans and 21 Lyin’ supporters. 

To say that Livingston kids get absolutely no support from their community is totally the truth. It’s always been that way, and it always will. It’s a proven fact that there are more seats at the Livingston Livestock Exchange than at the football stadium. Except in Livingston, they don’t actually call it the football stadium, it’s usually called the “soccer stadium.” Which is kinda ironic because they stink at soccer, too. 

The last time I paid attention, LISD uses private fields for their baseball games because the school doesn’t own acceptable facilities. 

And lastly, the only Lyin’ fan here pretends to be a bear. That’s all I’m saying. 

Jeez... I was at PNG about 8 years ago when the Lyin’s beat the Indians on PNG’s homecoming. There were honestly 21 Lyin’ Fans there to witness it. 10,000 screaming Indian fans and 21 Lyin’ supporters. 

To say that Livingston kids get absolutely no support from their community is totally the truth. It’s always been that way, and it always will. It’s a proven fact that there are more seats at the Livingston Livestock Exchange than at the football stadium. Except in Livingston, they don’t actually call it the football stadium, it’s usually called the “soccer stadium.” Which is kinda ironic because they stink at soccer, too. 

The last time I paid attention, LISD uses private fields for their baseball games because the school doesn’t own acceptable facilities. 

And lastly, the only Lyin’ fan here pretends to be a bear. That’s all I’m saying. 

They used to play on private fields, but have now purchased those fields.  Don't know what difference playing on private fields makes.

9 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

They used to play on private fields, but have now purchased those fields.  Don't know what difference playing on private fields makes.

When you have what it universally recognized as the worst football stadium for a school your size, pretty much anywhere, AND you don’t even have a baseball facility adequate to host high school baseball games, well.... you’ve indicated that you, as a community, put “zero” emphasis on your kids academic experience and fail to realize that how it hurts your community. I’ve got to believe that when people consider relocating to your area, the lack of opportunities for kids to participate and compete with other schools has to be a huge deterrent. 

There is no civic pride in Livingston whatsoever. Here’s some irony. What do you call a family of lions? A pride! Yet this Lyin’ pride has none. 

27 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Wait... Big Sandy is pretty close to Livingston.  You aren’t one of those Livingston guys that moved out to Big Sandy so his kids could compete for a winner, are you?

Lol. 

32 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

When you have what it universally recognized as the worst football stadium for a school your size, pretty much anywhere, AND you don’t even have a baseball facility adequate to host high school baseball games, well.... you’ve indicated that you, as a community, put “zero” emphasis on your kids academic experience and fail to realize that how it hurts your community. I’ve got to believe that when people consider relocating to your area, the lack of opportunities for kids to participate and compete with other schools has to be a huge deterrent. 

There is no civic pride in Livingston whatsoever. Here’s some irony. What do you call a family of lions? A pride! Yet this Lyin’ pride has none. 

I'm from Orange. I could say some things about the Bridge City communtity but I'm gonna keep my peace. 

Except for the football field we have some of the best facilities around.  And the school academics aren't too shabby. The whole point of school is to make good grades and move on to the next phase if life and the kids do that.

Next time you got something slick to say why not reply to my post instead of pussyfooting around? 

I'm all for debating which team is going to win but throwing slugs at communities is out of line. Especially since I live in the community that is growing and you are in the one that's in decline. 

When the vote comes up vote for the hospital district. It will be an asset for Orange County.