4A DI

L-Train11

Seems like this is the only thread that hasn’t been made yet. That’s the only reason that I hate moving from 5A because now i see a lot of crickets in future game threads involving Lumberton.

Anyway, LCM17, or LastBearStanding, or whatever your name is now (LOL), do you think we will see a team like the one that clobbered silsbee, or a team that go whooped by Kilgore? And please tell me that stud rb graduates this year lol

what about y’all cardinalbacker? Hopefully BC will get some things figured out and get back to on track. Had a great year in 2016! 

Also, will Huffman be back to its normal self? Will we have to deal with Navasota or will they ship them out west? And please let me know if i skipped over any posters from teams that we will playing next year.

As for Lumberton, we will have a good qb with a year under his belt. Pretty good passer and shifty. A rb who saw some playing time this year behind Ward but should have a great season next year. And I believe we return at least 9 on defense. I’m not sure at this point about offensive line or other skill positions. I’ll see if I can find out. I won’t go into detail, but there may be a few things we do on the offensive side of the ball next year that sounds like it will work out pretty well. Obviously that’s all I’ll say about that. We are two platoon, virtually no two way players which should be to our advantage now that we are in a lower classification. 

I’m lookin for an exciting year in which every game is winnable. I’m not saying we will be the heavy favorites each week, but we won’t be counted out like we were going against some 22-5A teams.

23 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Seems like this is the only thread that hasn’t been made yet. That’s the only reason that I hate moving from 5A because now i see a lot of crickets in future game threads involving Lumberton.

Anyway, LCM17, or LastBearStanding, or whatever your name is now (LOL), do you think we will see a team like the one that clobbered silsbee, or a team that go whooped by Kilgore? And please tell me that stud rb graduates this year lol

what about y’all cardinalbacker? Hopefully BC will get some things figured out and get back to on track. Had a great year in 2016! 

Also, will Huffman be back to its normal self? Will we have to deal with Navasota or will they ship them out west? And please let me know if i skipped over any posters from teams that we will playing next year.

As for Lumberton, we will have a good qb with a year under his belt. Pretty good passer and shifty. A rb who saw some playing time this year behind Ward but should have a great season next year. And I believe we return at least 9 on defense. I’m not sure at this point about offensive line or other skill positions. I’ll see if I can find out. I won’t go into detail, but there may be a few things we do on the offensive side of the ball next year that sounds like it will work out pretty well. Obviously that’s all I’ll say about that. We are two platoon, virtually no two way players which should be to our advantage now that we are in a lower classification. 

I’m lookin for an exciting year in which every game is winnable. I’m not saying we will be the heavy favorites each week, but we won’t be counted out like we were going against some 22-5A teams.

I'm pretty sure we have 1 or 2 that will play both ways. :)

39 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

LC-M will be losing about 20 something seniors. Imo this past season was a let down with a heavy senior year we should have been undefeated. Along the way leadership lost the group of kids that were trying to play inspired football but we came un discipline lost to Huffman and everything kinda broke down for there from injuries and other things. When we played Kilgore we didn’t have a shot in the dark to beat them we had  7 injured players and another one got hurt during the game. We will be down the next few years in a running offense, we will get our Qb from last year. Also I might do another name change 

I’m not sure where we’ll be in 2018. Lara and Hamm should return in the backfield, but we lose Baker/Denton from the backfield and Dubois at QB. We are definitely losing a lot of seniors. It’s hard to say how many because our starting unit was so fluid due to injuries this year. There were some bright spots last season by newcomers like Ply who I expect to shine in 2018. 

We’re in a tough spot as we’ve lost two smaller schools in the last two realignments and are now taking our place as the smallest school in the district. 

People were joking about band, but it’s a bummer, too.  Four schools from our Area (which covers about 45 schools) can advance to the state tournament. We’ve got a really good band program but missed state by a hair in 14. We expected to advance in 16 but LCM dropped down and snagged our spot, lol.  Now Lumberton (who went to state as a 5a this year is dropping down and the odds of 3 bands of the 4 advancing being from our District is incalculable. To the people who don’t have band kids, it’s like having two new state semi finalists get put into your district.  In consecutive realignments. 

I’m not excited about the realignment. 

I have mixed feelings about dropping down (keeping fingers crossed there's no more enrollment shenanigans).

It ought to be interesting but the Carthage cross district will probably sweep the playoff participants next season.

Go ahead and crayola Lumberton and Livingston for the playoffs. How the rest shakes out will be interesting

9 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I have mixed feelings about dropping down (keeping fingers crossed there's no more enrollment shenanigans).

It ought to be interesting but the Carthage cross district will probably sweep the playoff participants next season.

Go ahead and crayola Lumberton and Livingston for the playoffs. How the rest shakes out will be interesting

Not so sure about Livingston just yet.

8 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Not so sure about Livingston just yet.

This year's freshmen finally figured things out in the the last few weeks of the season and has carried over into basketball. They will be stars next year. Most of them will be on varsity.

This group has routinely beat the proposed district opponents from pre wee league up. I'm not calling for district championship in 18 but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in 19.

3 hours ago, Bears in Hibernation said:

I’m with you since they lost there old coach Livingston has been irrevalant. 

They didn't misplace him.... they ran him off.  

Livingston isn't, and hasn't ever been, concerned with having a successful football program.  In fact, they're committed to sucking on the grandest of scales, up to and including even building a stadium that would be necessary for a moderately successful 3A program.  

21 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Livingston isn't, and hasn't ever been, concerned with having a successful football program.  In fact, they're committed to sucking on the grandest of scales, up to and including even building a stadium that would be necessary for a moderately successful 3A program.  

Oh I agree they ran him off and I don’t know why. But he has a way better job now at Midland ISD as the executive AD. But I guess the only draw back moving that far west is he is probably moved away from his family since he was a Livingston grad.

20 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Now you're trying to spend my tax dollars on a new football stadium. I'm paying enough with all the high schools we built.

I've been to Larry Ward plenty of times. Its not the greatest thing in the world. Battlin' Bear and Huffman are the best in the district by far. 

Look forward to beating you these next two seasons!

8 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Now you're trying to spend my tax dollars on a new football stadium. I'm paying enough with all the high schools we built.

I've been to Larry Ward plenty of times. Its not the greatest thing in the world. Battlin' Bear and Huffman are the best in the district by far. 

Look forward to beating you these next two seasons!

Navasota and splendora stadiums are nice