4a div 2

WOSFAN99

Although, I hope it happens, I am not sold that the UIL will send Jasper south.  I could see them taking Tarkington and Shepherd out of 11-4A-II and sending them to 8-4A to combine with Jasper, Huntington and Rusk to keep that district in tact.

4A-II will have 90 teams exactly.  So unless you have the 'BYE" districts, that is an average of 5.0 teams per district.

It is quite likely for 12-4A-I (or whatever it will be called this time), it will be Orangefield out, Silsbee in.

I'm thinking there might be a possibility of the old 12-4AII being split up. I haven't looked at all of the teams that closely, but Tarkington, LaMarque, Houston Kashmere, Jasper and Huntington all need a district. The UIL might make a district with:

Houston Kashmere

LaMarque

Hardin-Jefferson

Liberty

Hamshire-Fannett

Tarkington

and another district with:

Silsbee

Jasper

West Orange-Stark

Huntington

Rusk

??? (East Texas team)

One thing I learned over the years is that I have no idea what to expect when guessing district placement.

42 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'm thinking there might be a possibility of the old 12-4AII being split up. I haven't looked at all of the teams that closely, but Tarkington, LaMarque, Houston Kashmere, Jasper and Huntington all need a district. The UIL might make a district with:

Houston Kashmere

LaMarque

Hardin-Jefferson

Liberty

Hamshire-Fannett

Tarkington

and another district with:

Silsbee

Jasper

West Orange-Stark

Huntington

Rusk

??? (East Texas team)

One thing I learned over the years is that I have no idea what to expect when guessing district placement.

They're not going to separate Kashmere from other Houston schools.  Too much travel cost.

49 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Although, I hope it happens, I am not sold that the UIL will send Jasper south.  I could see them taking Tarkington and Shepherd out of 11-4A-II and sending them to 8-4A to combine with Jasper, Huntington and Rusk to keep that district in tact.

4A-II will have 90 teams exactly.  So unless you have the 'BYE" districts, that is an average of 5.0 teams per district.

It is quite likely for 12-4A-I (or whatever it will be called this time), it will be Orangefield out, Silsbee in.

That sounds most likely but I do remember a few years when they send us to those northern groups.  But since the local d2 district is left with only 4 teams, placing us there seems to make most sense.

How about this......

District 12 - 4A Div.2                                                        District 11 - 4A Div.2

WOS                                                                                 Liberty

LaMarque                                                                          Hardin-Jefferson

Silsbee                                                                               Shepherd

Jasper                                                                                Tarkington

Hamshire-Fannett                                                               Huntington

28 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

18 minutes ago, LOUD and Proud said:

How about this......

District 12 - 4A Div.2                                                        District 11 - 4A Div.2

WOS                                                                                 Liberty

LaMarque                                                                          Hardin-Jefferson

Silsbee                                                                               Shepherd

Jasper                                                                                Tarkington

Hamshire-Fannett                                                               Huntington

I doubt that the UIL would put LaMarque in that district. LaMarque would basically have to drive through Dist11 to get to Dist12. I would switch Hamshire-Fannett and Huntington. But I'm thinking along the same lines that the UIL might split the old Dist12 in similar fashion. It might be just wishful thinking on my part though.

Madisonville always has the chance to go North, South, East, West.  That's a big reason for the 3A D1 schools on their schedule as it is at least a guarantee of a game within reasonable travel for fans.  Not many schools our size inside of 100 miles that we might not align with and only 6A's south down I45 outside of Huntsville and Willis.