Local 5A Div 2. Any guesses????

aki1994

18 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

There's a possibility that Baytown Lee goes to Manvel district. Right now I'm looking at that area:

FB Willowridge

FB Marshall

Lamar Consolidated

Katy Paetow

Santa Fe

Manvel

Port Lavaca Calhoun

Maybe Baytown Lee?

There's only 6 HISD schools at 5A DII. Unless they bump up some schools from 4A, they will have to have some schools placed in their district. 

That's part of the problem when I was looking at possible districts. I read that UIL wants 8 to 9 teams in a district. I don't see how they could because there's not enough 5a D2 schools unless they pull from way out, like Baytown Lee, BH, Crosby, Cleveland, Dayton to go with HISD, but then the Golden Triangle is short.

16 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

aki1994, pretty soon, we gonna be hijacking your district as well. lol

Now if you were from Dayton or Crosby I might believe that, being from The Hill y'all will just be another stepping stone on the way to the playoffs instead of sending y'all home annually after the first round. 

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

That's part of the problem when I was looking at possible districts. I read that UIL wants 8 to 9 teams in a district. I don't see how they could because there's not enough 5a D2 schools unless they pull from way out, like Baytown Lee, BH, Crosby, Cleveland, Dayton to go with HISD, but then the Golden Triangle is short.

There is going to be a lot of travel involved for sure. I like what y'all will bring to the district versus what Livingston, etc didnt. I will miss Lumberton.  

I think this years team would've matched up well with PNG if we would've made the playoffs. Our offensive for most of the year was explosive and our Defense was better then yall's. Don't count us out, although historically PNG has had BH number, we have beat Ned and Vidor in the past. Dayton is struggling bad, so after Crosby, BH will be in the mix along with PNG, and Ned.

5 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I think this years team would've matched up well with PNG if we would've made the playoffs. Our offensive for most of the year was explosive and our Defense was better then yall's. Don't count us out, although historically PNG has had BH number, we have beat Ned and Vidor in the past. Dayton is struggling bad, so after Crosby, BH will be in the mix along with PNG, and Ned.

I am just messing with you. It is like Ned beating Crosby and PN-G beating BH. Then it flip flops. I enjoy playing BH, Dayton, Crosby. It isn't that far and they all have good fans that like to talk a little smack on here. 

7 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I am pretty sure they won't split up a school district to balance it out so yeah someone is gonna get screwed. There will be some 7 team districts, so maybe they will be able to just add 1 school and not mess it up too much. Maybe throw Lee in there. That would leave enough schools to put together for a district for Port Lavaca.

3 hours ago, Kegger said:

Thats pretty much what I was thinking it would turn out to be. That Waco game is gonna be a drive! Not sure they don't go north towards some of the schools that are south of the DFW area. Either way its a spread out district. Not like the good ole days of playing kids that you played little league against. Hows do you think the split with y'alls schools gonna affect your teams? I know y'all were playing with some monsters up at 6A. Is the opening of Lake Creek gonna drain some of your talent away at Montgomery next year?

The talent pool will definitely be split up, I feel that most of the 2021 football talent will be at Lake Creek.  Lake Creek will have 3 Sophomores playing that had Varsity experience as Freshmen on Montgomery, so that will help out.  I also think that there will be some really good Juniors with Varsity experience that choose to go to Lake Creek instead of staying at Montgomery.  So for the first couple of years it seems Lake Creek is set up pretty well.  Montgomery has some good talent returning as Seniors but they may get thin with the Sophomores and Junior class.  There is a really good crop of Freshman next year, current 8th graders, coming though.  Montgomery had a good run in 6A for the number of kids and talent, they just couldn't hang with the big schools depth.  I think they will be able to compete and fit in a lot better at the 5AD2 level.

11 minutes ago, GIJonesy said:

The talent pool will definitely be split up, I feel that most of the 2021 football talent will be at Lake Creek.  Lake Creek will have 3 Sophomores playing that had Varsity experience as Freshmen on Montgomery, so that will help out.  I also think that there will be some really good Juniors with Varsity experience that choose to go to Lake Creek instead of staying at Montgomery.  So for the first couple of years it seems Lake Creek is set up pretty well.  Montgomery has some good talent returning as Seniors but they may get thin with the Sophomores and Junior class.  There is a really good crop of Freshman next year, current 8th graders, coming though.  Montgomery had a good run in 6A for the number of kids and talent, they just couldn't hang with the big schools depth.  I think they will be able to compete and fit in a lot better at the 5AD2 level.

They any closer on the head guy at Lake Creek? 

18 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Yeah but it's all good. I mean winning isn't everything. Somebody has to be bad. Teaches young men that it's not always what you know but who you know and nice guys truly do finish last. I picked Dayton to win 4 games last year and if you read mypost before the season started you will see I was very accurate as to how this year would go. JV won 0 games and I think the freshman maybe won a couple. In the district discussed on this thread Dayton will be lucky to win 2 district games. 

So, you had them beating Channelview...lol.  I said they was going 3-7 but Harvey put an end to that lol but I was dead on in the win column.  

22 minutes ago, workbootz said:

So, you had them beating Channelview...lol.  I said they was going 3-7 but Harvey put an end to that lol but I was dead on in the win column.  

Dang man Splendora Caney Creek and Humble were locked I just thought they could get one win against a descent team. Well given this possible district what you think about 2018?

18 minutes ago, workbootz said:

I think they get lucky and win 2 maybe 3 district games.  I think they should schedule Liberty, Cleveland, and Hardin pre district games to boost their confidence.  4-6 mark it down!!!

I really like the Liberty idea. Would be a ton of people at the game. I wonder how many years it's been since they played.

4 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

I really like the Liberty idea. Would be a ton of people at the game. I wonder how many years it's been since they played.

I hate hearing this about Dayton. I am a huge fan of a strong Dayton team. ALso having a district with Dayton Cosby and BH being strong is the kind of district that will bode well for getting stong enough and good ewnoug to make a long run

• 2 weeks later...