Local 5A Div 2. Any guesses????

aki1994

I think as a whole, the district gets much better. Other than PAM leaving, we lose cupcakes, for teams that can win. It makes for an interesting district. If it goes like we think, Crosby will be your favorite IMO, due to the fact I think they have Nederlands number. Nederland has showed they will be a playoff team reguardless. Barbers Hill is on the rise, and Dayton has a history of winning. I think PNG will need to make some changes in the off season because it's not a cakewalk anymore. Crosby is obviously a toss up, BF has shown he can lose to Nederland even with RoJo.... We struggled with Barbers Hill the last few times we have played them, and have beaten Dayton all of once in the last umpteen years. Throw in A pesky Vidor and a talented Central. IMO, you have as good of a district as the old 20-4A... This also gives you the opportunity to pre season with a WOS or a PAM. Which I'm sure Monte will do. So if BF ever wanted to get folks off his back, this is the year to do it. Pre-district games will be the tell all.. I think this will be the most exciting district in a while. Because, honestly, it will come down to coaching, athletes, and scheme. Vidor better learn how to pass the ball, and PNG better learn how to play Defense. From a arm chair coaches standpoint, I'm just gonna sit back and eat my popcorn and polish my Tuba..... Gonna be some drama for sure.... Who shall I pick on now since the Chumpees or 4A? Could BF be the first PNG coach to lose to Nederland twice in 1 year? 

I tried looking at schools in 5a D2, I have no clue how they are going to put people. Montgomery and Montgomery Lake Creek you would think would go with the Brenham and others, but I think they get pulled into the East Austin district. Looks really difficult to figure out with less teams and spread out.

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

I think as a whole, the district gets much better. Other than PAM leaving, we lose cupcakes, for teams that can win. It makes for an interesting district. If it goes like we think, Crosby will be your favorite IMO, due to the fact I think they have Nederlands number. Nederland has showed they will be a playoff team reguardless. Barbers Hill is on the rise, and Dayton has a history of winning. I think PNG will need to make some changes in the off season because it's not a cakewalk anymore. Crosby is obviously a toss up, BF has shown he can lose to Nederland even with RoJo.... We struggled with Barbers Hill the last few times we have played them, and have beaten Dayton all of once in the last umpteen years. Throw in A pesky Vidor and a talented Central. IMO, you have as good of a district as the old 20-4A... This also gives you the opportunity to pre season with a WOS or a PAM. Which I'm sure Monte will do. So if BF ever wanted to get folks off his back, this is the year to do it. Pre-district games will be the tell all.. I think this will be the most exciting district in a while. Because, honestly, it will come down to coaching, athletes, and scheme. Vidor better learn how to pass the ball, and PNG better learn how to play Defense. From a arm chair coaches standpoint, I'm just gonna sit back and eat my popcorn and polish my Tuba..... Gonna be some drama for sure.... Who shall I pick on now since the Chumpees or 4A? Could BF be the first PNG coach to lose to Nederland twice in 1 year? 

BF is gonna have to focus on defense....Maybe if I keep saying it then it will happen.....

21 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

BF is gonna have to focus on defense....Maybe if I keep saying it then it will happen.....

My opinion is simple.Try to score 28 a game and put some athletes on the defensive side of the ball and give up 17. I hate to be THAT guy, but the last time we had the BEST QB around, we did that and went 16 weeks.... Its time to put up or shut up......

44 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

My opinion is simple.Try to score 28 a game and put some athletes on the defensive side of the ball and give up 17. I hate to be THAT guy, but the last time we had the BEST QB around, we did that and went 16 weeks.... Its time to put up or shut up......

How many times do you have to be reminded that he is not the best qb around.... lol

6 hours ago, bronco pride said:

If this district comes to fruition, I would like to see Dayton schedule liberty and a couple other small schools. Liberty would be more than competitive for our program at this point and it would be a huge game. Only win I see in this district is ozen.

Is it that bad at dayton next season?

26 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Is it that bad at dayton next season?

Yeah but it's all good. I mean winning isn't everything. Somebody has to be bad. Teaches young men that it's not always what you know but who you know and nice guys truly do finish last. I picked Dayton to win 4 games last year and if you read mypost before the season started you will see I was very accurate as to how this year would go. JV won 0 games and I think the freshman maybe won a couple. In the district discussed on this thread Dayton will be lucky to win 2 district games. 

23 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Yeah but it's all good. I mean winning isn't everything. Somebody has to be bad. Teaches young men that it's not always what you know but who you know and nice guys truly do finish last. I picked Dayton to win 4 games last year and if you read mypost before the season started you will see I was very accurate as to how this year would go. JV won 0 games and I think the freshman maybe won a couple. In the district discussed on this thread Dayton will be lucky to win 2 district games. 

We always feared Dayton more than Crosby Or BH.....has it been that big of a turn around, if so, why do you think?

3 hours ago, Stattrax said:

But the passing and receiving records to be had... look at the bigger picture

15 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I tried looking at schools in 5a D2, I have no clue how they are going to put people. Montgomery and Montgomery Lake Creek you would think would go with the Brenham and others, but I think they get pulled into the East Austin district. Looks really difficult to figure out with less teams and spread out.

I think it may look something like this for the Montgomery teams.

Huntsville, Montgomery, A&M Consol, Bryan Rudder, Brenham, Lake Creek, Waco University, Cleveland

1 hour ago, GIJonesy said:

I think it may look something like this for the Montgomery teams.

Huntsville, Montgomery, A&M Consol, Bryan Rudder, Brenham, Lake Creek, Waco University, Cleveland

Thats pretty much what I was thinking it would turn out to be. That Waco game is gonna be a drive! Not sure they don't go north towards some of the schools that are south of the DFW area. Either way its a spread out district. Not like the good ole days of playing kids that you played little league against. Hows do you think the split with y'alls schools gonna affect your teams? I know y'all were playing with some monsters up at 6A. Is the opening of Lake Creek gonna drain some of your talent away at Montgomery next year?