Local 5A Div 2. Any guesses????

aki1994

Well looks like my oldest son will get the opportunity to graduate as a Jaguar in 2019. 

Barbers Hill (1559)

Central (1309)

Crosby (1779)

Dayton (1513)

Nederland (1546)

Ozen (1151.5)

PN-G (1493)

Vidor (1331)

If this district comes to fruition, I would like to see our 3 non-district games against WO-S, Lumberton and PA-M.

7 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Well looks like my oldest son will get the opportunity to graduate as a Jaguar in 2019. 

Barbers Hill (1559)

Central (1309)

Crosby (1779)

Dayton (1513)

Nederland (1546)

Ozen (1151.5)

PN-G (1493)

Vidor (1331)

If this district comes to fruition, I would like to see our 3 non-district games against WO-S, Lumberton and PA-M.  It will definitely be a tougher district than 21 or 22 5A have had in the last couple of years. 

7 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Barbers Hill (1559)

Central (1309)

Crosby (1779)

Dayton (1513)

Nederland (1546)

Ozen (1151.5)

PN-G (1493)

Vidor (1331)

If this district comes to fruition, I would like to see our 3 non-district games against WO-S, Lumberton and PA-M.

This district might be too logical & simple for the uil to put together. lol  

15 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Barbers Hill (1559)

Central (1309)

Crosby (1779)

Dayton (1513)

Nederland (1546)

Ozen (1151.5)

PN-G (1493)

Vidor (1331)

If this district comes to fruition, I would like to see Dayton schedule liberty and a couple other small schools. Liberty would be more than competitive for our program at this point and it would be a huge game. Only win I see in this district is ozen.

6 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

If this district comes to fruition, I would like to see Dayton schedule liberty and a couple other small schools. Liberty would be more than competitive for our program at this point and it would be a huge game. Only win I see in this district is ozen.

What's up with Dayton? It cant be that bad? 

19 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Barbers Hill (1559)

Central (1309)

Crosby (1779)

Dayton (1513)

Nederland (1546)

Ozen (1151.5)

PN-G (1493)

Vidor (1331)

Take Lumberton out, and add West Brook. Have to have the Beaumont Bowl.

12 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Take Lumberton out, and add West Brook. Have to have the Beaumont Bowl.

Nope, I was talking to someone about that the other day.  The old AD made Ozen and Central play West Brook despite having half the attendance numbers.  Central and West Brook has been a competitive game over the last couple of years with the Jaguars coming up short but it's been real rough on the Panthers.  They don't make West Brook play Central in basketball but we are forced to play them in football.  Many West Brook fans have said the games don't benefit them when it comes to district play.

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Nope, I was talking to someone about that the other day.  The old AD made Ozen and Central play West Brook despite having half the attendance numbers.  Central and West Brook has been a competitive game over the last couple of years with the Jaguars coming up short but it's been real rough on the Panthers.  They don't make West Brook play Central in basketball but we are forced to play them in football.  Many West Brook fans have said the games don't benefit them when it comes to district play.

That's good that it's not set in stone.

14 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I am still a little lost on how this plays out in the playoffs. Will there be less districts now? If so will the number of rounds in the playoffs decrease? 

There will be only 16 DI districts and 16 DII districts.  The total number of teams making the playoffs and the number of rounds with be the same as now.

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

There will be only 16 DI districts and 16 DII districts.  The total number of teams making the playoffs and the number of rounds with be the same as now.

Got it. So instead of 2 teams from 8 districts in Region 3 we will see 4 teams from 4 districts in Region 3. 

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

With PN-G and Crosby being in the same district, we won't have to wait until the playoffs to see another 72-69 game...:)

This whole district has bad defense. Nederland is the only halfway decent one and the moment they meet multiple athletes they in trouble too.

Offense will be better. Vidor better learn to throw the ball.