What happened to D-FW this year?

Guest ECBucFan

37 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

EC is irrelevant to Allen, and irrelevant to this discussion. We both know that, and we both know that is a ridiculously poor attempt at "come back jab". FAIL.   

Every legit team has the "intent' to win a SC, just like every single team wants the ADVANTAGE of playing at home. Duh. 

He also wanted me to ask you why DFW won more championships prior to the construction of AT&T? and if you had insight into why DFW has twice as many teams playing in finals than other regions of the state on an annual basis? He was particularly perplexed as to how you ever raised the question "what happened to DFW this year? 

1 hour ago, 89falcon said:

Just got off the phone with HC at Allen. He said that he has never heard of East Chambers and he also said that they intend to win the State Championship whether it is played in AT&T, El Paso, Houston, Alaska or Russia. 

Did you ask him about travel or home field advantage.

I’m sure he said he’d rather play at NRG, Austin, or El Paso instead of playing in Dallas.

Dallas has two regions in 5a while Houston has only one. It would be astonishing if Dallas didn't have two representatives each year in that classification.

Dallas is landlocked and forgot to annex all of the land surrounding it, so they have many more small communities that play at smaller classifications and have one school towns.

Any other questions?

14 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Dallas has two regions in 5a while Houston has only one. It would be astonishing if Dallas didn't have two representatives each year in that classification.

Dallas is landlocked and forgot to annex all of the land surrounding it, so they have many more small communities that play at smaller classifications and have one school towns.

Any other questions?

Another poorly thought out response, you may need to refine your geography skills as in 5A the Houston area competes in Region 3 and 4. In 6A Houston area competes in Region 2 and 3. 

Another poorly thought out response, you may need to refine your geography skills as in 5A the Houston area competes in Region 3 and 4. In 6A Houston area competes in Region 2 and 3. 

If you're going to be disingenuous then no need to have a conversation. I said 5a. Dallas has a majority in two regions. Houston is mostly in one region with one district in another region.

54 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

If you're going to be disingenuous then no need to have a conversation. I said 5a. Dallas has a majority in two regions. Houston is mostly in one region with one district in another region.

YOU said: "Dallas has two regions in 5A while Houston has one". In YOUR lack of forethought, you failed to realize that your statement was utterly false even with two neighbor schools competing in the semi-finals representing their regions!

You now come back with "majority in two regions" and "mostly in one region". And (I) am "disingenuous", LOL. 

I do agree that if YOU are not going to think through and verify the accuracy of your points, there is no need to "have a conversation". 

14 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Question.  Of those numerous state championships won by DFW area teams, how many of those game were contested at the Cowboys' former home, Texas Stadium in Irving?

Out of all the titles won by DFW area teams, how many would you say were won because they didn't have to travel as far as the other team?

We will need to go and perform research on which titles should be nullified due to location prior to AT&T and which ones are legitimate. In an effort to maintain said narrative we will also need to extend our logic to games prior to the State Championship and then on to baseball, basketball, and track. 

There are no telling how many illegitimate champions there have been as a result of those static/pre-determined locations creating unfair advantage for teams in Austin, San Antonio as well as the Houston area. It may be that there are little to no championships that have been won based on merit alone once we account for the cumulative advantages.  

It is of particular interest that many teams competing for state championships routinely have undefeated road records during the season in which they actually won games at opposing teams home field. 

5 minutes ago, 89falcon said:

We will need to go and perform research on which titles should be nullified due to location prior to AT&T and which ones are legitimate. In an effort to maintain said narrative we will also need to extend our logic to games prior to the State Championship and then on to baseball, basketball, and track. 

There are no telling how many illegitimate champions there have been as a result of those static/pre-determined locations creating unfair advantage for teams in Austin, San Antonio as well as the Houston area. It may be that there are little to no championships that have been won based on merit alone once we account for the cumulative advantages.  

It is of particular interest that many teams competing for state championships routinely have undefeated road records during the season in which they actually won games at opposing teams home field. 

You can drip all the sarcasm you want but i guarantee you that if Ennis had had to sleep in a hotel 6 hours away back in 2000 instead of playing in a place where they had already played 3 or 4 games, PLUS only 30 minutes away from them, West Orange-Stark would have one more State Championship ring on their fingers!  

10 minutes ago, 89falcon said:

It is not worth it, man. 

21 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

But, in your opinion?

In my opinion?  The team having to disrupt their normal gameday schedule the least has a decided advantage in any contest.  Is that advantage ALWAYS enough to get a team to victory? Of course not.  In some games, one team has enough of an advantage talent wise that they would win if the game were on the opponent's home field.

However, such games are few an and far between when you are talking about a state championship title game.  Teams at this point or so evenly matched that even the slightest of advantages may make a difference.  Coaches recognized this as any time the site was determined by a coin flip before the current one venue format, very few championship 6A or 5A games were played outside of DFW or Greater Houston.  So to get on here and say that a team having to travel much more than another is not at a disadvantage is disgustingly ridiculous.

And to state that one area of this vast state is ENTITLED to host the championships any more than another is equally so.

YOU said: "Dallas has two regions in 5A while Houston has one". In YOUR lack of forethought, you failed to realize that your statement was utterly false even with two neighbor schools competing in the semi-finals representing their regions!

You now come back with "majority in two regions" and "mostly in one region". And (I) am "disingenuous", LOL. 

I do agree that if YOU are not going to think through and verify the accuracy of your points, there is no need to "have a conversation". 

This isn't peewee league soccer. There are no participation trophies in adult conversations. Only merit based points, not how many bolded words you can make, carry weight.

Using circular logic and pretending to misunderstand the gist of the discussion have no merit.

I will give you one more chance to have a real conversation or you can remain at the kiddie table and continue with your silly dicsussion devoid of substance.

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

In my opinion?  The team having to disrupt their normal gameday schedule the least has a decided advantage in any contest.  Is that advantage ALWAYS enough to get a team to victory? Of course not.  In some games, one team has enough of an advantage talent wise that they would win if the game were on the opponent's home field.

However, such games are few an and far between when you are talking about a state championship title game.  Teams at this point or so evenly matched that even the slightest of advantages may make a difference.  Coaches recognized this as any time the site was determined by a coin flip before the current one venue format, very few championship 6A or 5A games were played outside of DFW or Greater Houston.  So to get on here and say that a team having to travel much more than another is at a disadvantage is disgustingly ridiculous.

And to state that one area of this vast state is ENTITLED to host the championships any more than another is equally so.

I agree here. But, it is neither teams "home field". The travel time is different, but neither team is playing on the field that they are used to playing on.

I agree.

I don't know if Dallas is "enititled" to it. I am not from Dallas, but I think the majority of players across the state would rather play at Jerry World. They probably dream of playing there. I would be willing to bet 90% of athletes still in the playoffs would choose Jerry World over any other venue in the State. Don't rob them boys of that haha.

21 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

However, such games are few an and far between when you are talking about a state championship title game.  Teams at this point or so evenly matched that even the slightest of advantages may make a difference.  Coaches recognized this as any time the site was determined by a coin flip before the current one venue format, very few championship 6A or 5A games were played outside of DFW or Greater Houston.  So to get on here and say that a team having to travel much more than another is at a disadvantage is disgustingly ridiculous.

So what we need to do is set up a makeshift school on gameday, and have the Stangs go to class the day of State.

33 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

This isn't peewee league soccer. There are no participation trophies in adult conversations. Only merit based points, not how many bolded words you can make, carry weight.

Using circular logic and pretending to misunderstand the gist of the discussion have no merit.

I will give you one more chance to have a real conversation or you can remain at the kiddie table and continue with your silly dicsussion devoid of substance.

"Circular logic"?

Who exactly said: "Dallas has two regions in 5A while Houston has one"? and then followed it up with: "Dallas has a majority in two regions. Houston is mostly in one region with one district in another region"? 

Do both Houston and DFW compete within two regions in 5A? In the spirit of avoiding "circular logic" I will help you with your answers: 1. Yes 2. No.  

You tried to make a point based on your fantasy logic and it was quickly shown to be incorrect. This does not constitute "circular logic". 

1 hour ago, RanchHand said:

You can drip all the sarcasm you want but i guarantee you that if Ennis had had to sleep in a hotel 6 hours away back in 2000 instead of playing in a place where they had already played 3 or 4 games, PLUS only 30 minutes away from them, West Orange-Stark would have one more State Championship ring on their fingers!  

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas. 

4 hours ago, 89falcon said:

Since you’re so well connected, and a self considered genius, call up all the 5A and 6A coaches and ask them if home field matters.

You seem to be the only one that believes it plays no significant part in high school football.

5 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Since you’re so well connected, and a self considered genius, call up all the 5A and 6A coaches and ask them if home field matters.

You seem to be the only one that believes it plays no significant part in high school football.

"Home field" definitely matters. It matters when a team gets beat and it was on someone else's field or when the field is geographically closer to their opponents. When a team gets beat on their own field or at a location closer their home the loss is due to some "other" reason. 

I have often wondered why El Paso schools do not win State Championships in football? Now as a result of the enlightenment from the group, I have determined that it is because they never play the State Championship Games in El Paso. 

18 hours ago, 89falcon said:

"Home field" definitely matters. It matters when a team gets beat and it was on someone else's field or when the field is geographically closer to their opponents. When a team gets beat on their own field or at a location closer their home the loss is due to some "other" reason. 

I have often wondered why El Paso schools do not win State Championships in football? Now as a result of the enlightenment from the group, I have determined that it is because they never play the State Championship Games in El Paso. 

Have you finished polling the coaches yet, Skippy?

On 12/13/2017 at 0:01 PM, RanchHand said:

That's the truth.