What happened to D-FW this year?

Guest ECBucFan

I think it's safe to say that people across the state are somewhat jealous of the fact that DFW/East Texas teams are willing to pour tons of $ into their football programs. I've talked about this on here before, but how is it that there is 2-3 schools in setx area(Houston included) that have indoor facilities? We get so much wetter weather in this area of the state, but schools in the DFW/East Texas area regard football as a religion in that they have build indoor facilities like crazy. I have yet to figure out why we are so far behind the times down here. Maybe someone on here can explain it to me. 

Guest ECBucFan
On 12/7/2017 at 2:39 PM, 89falcon said:

Is AT&T Stadium the reason that there are currently 15 teams from DFW still in the playoffs with no other area remotely close? 

Of course not. that the proverbial "STRAW MAN" argument people use to try to refute something they are otherwise unable to do. 

With that said, can anyone possible deny AT&T is a home field advantage for D-WF each and every year?

Please, don't even try. PLEASE!   

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Of course not. that the proverbial "STRAW MAN" argument people use to try to refute something they are otherwise unable to do. 

With that said, can anyone possible deny AT&T is a home field advantage for D-WF each and every year?

Please, don't even try. PLEASE!   

Can anyone "possibly deny" that having twice as many teams in the finals is "an advantage each and every year"? FYI, DFW was winning more state championships long before AT&T stadium was built. What applicable excuses can your provide as acceptable "beyond Winnie,TX" logic?

Guest ECBucFan

Ok man, you want to think there is no home field advantage for D-FW teams AND THEIR FANS 15 minutes from AT&T, while their opponents have to ride 4 hours in a bus and try to sleep in hotel the night before, thats fine. no need to continue this.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.  

19 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Ok man, you want to think there is no home field advantage for D-FW teams AND THEIR FANS 15 minutes from AT&T, while their opponents have to ride 4 hours in a bus and try to sleep in hotel the night before, thats fine. no need to continue this.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.  

I appreciate and accept your submission. There is no case to be made when DFW has twice as many teams in the finals and has more championships decades prior to the construction of AT&T. 

Guest ECBucFan
49 minutes ago, 89falcon said:

I appreciate and accept your submission. 

Wrong again. That was not "submission". That was me realizing its unnecessary and futile to argue with the blind.   

12 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

^^^ THAT 

How can you argue with the fact that DFW has indeed had more state title appearances and state titles than the rest of the state many years before AT&T was even built? I'm no Rhodes scholar, but that seems to make your argument beside the point. I mean I see and agree with your home field advantage argument; it does however seem that the DFW area has been and will continue to be successful regardless of where the title games are played.

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Wrong again. That was not "submission". That was me realizing its unnecessary and futile to argue with the blind.   

It is most definitely futile as you fail to provide any form of sound logic to explain why DFW has twice the teams "in" the finals as any other area and in addition has won many more titles long before the advent of AT&T. Your initial claim of DFW being down or "slim" was fueled by your lack of geography skills and dissipated into non-sense upon the realization that there are 15 DFW teams playing this weekend with the next closest area fielding 7.

The conversation then morphed into DFW having an "unfair" advantage by playing games at AT&T. Interesting that Katy has been able to navigate said "disadvantage". Please understand: if you have twice as many teams in the finals, you will win approximately twice as many championships (regardless of where the games are played). AT&T Stadium did not put 15 teams in the Regional Finals, it was done by programs superior to their competition.   

The Cameron Yoemen, a central Texas team, that East Chambers fans know very well won 3 in a row at AT&T. Cameron is 2.5 hours from Arlington. No home field advantage there. How do you explain their success? As a matter of fact they lost their chance at 4 in a row in houston, which is a shorter distance than Arlington. 

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, 89falcon said:

Looks like 6 DFW teams remain. Guarantee of at least two in the 5A State Championship games with Allen as the strong favorite in 6AD1. 

You think Allen would willingly agree to pack up, load up a convoy of buses, drive 4 hours, stay in a hotel, then play a "neutral" State Championship game against Katy in Houston the next day if they had the choice??

Do you?? Do you?? 

OF COURSE NOT! They would NEVER willing agree to do that! Go ahead, Try it. Call the Allen coach, and see how hard he laughs! 

Unless you can say "YES DEFINITELY ALLEN WOULD AGREE" (and I KNOW you can't, DUH) then it blows apart your whole contention that D-FW is really a neutral site. 

Class dismissed.   

Guest ECBucFan
On 12/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, Ty Cobb said:

The Cameron Yoemen, a central Texas team, that East Chambers fans know very well won 3 in a row at AT&T. Cameron is 2.5 hours from Arlington. No home field advantage there. How do you explain their success? 

As for as "explaining" anything about Yoe, I don't have to. You  'cherry picked" one data point to try to prove something. We both know things don't work that way. Get real. Thanks.  

48 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

As for as "explaining" anything about Yoe, I don't have to. You  'cherry picked" one data point to try to prove something. We both know things don't work that way. Get real. Thanks.  

Yes, I’m trying to prove a point just like you are trying to prove a point. You are trying to say all DFW teams have an advantage because of the location of the state games. I’m giving you an example of a team that does not have the advantage and is very successful. Stop crying and realize that the state games are played where they should be

The DFW area was ahead of the rest of the state putting money into their facilities, salaries and coaching.  The area also has most of the mega high schools in the state, and had larger pools to draw talent.

ET, Allen, the Plano schools and several others have well over 3,500 students.  The Houston and Austin area, while now have huge high schools, have not had as many...other than The Woodlands and GPNS.

The other areas in the state have caught up to the DFW area, IMO, because they realized they were way behind.

However, once these teams get to the state championship, it’s no doubt an advantage to have the games in your back yard.

Guest ECBucFan

Stating a truth is not "crying". ----> FAIL

Until ANYONE can get Allen Coach Terry Gambill to go on record and say he will willingly accept a State Championship game vs.Katy IN HOUSTON, just stop crying, and accept the truth.    

Guest ECBucFan
9 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Once these teams get to the state championship, it’s no doubt an advantage to have the games in your back yard.

Thank you. Another willing to see the truth. 

22 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Thank you. Another willing to see the truth. 

Sleeping in your own bed, going through a normal routine, and playing in your back yard is a huge advantage at any level, but more so high school.  High school kids aren’t use to long bus rides, hotel rooms, and such.

Its common sense.

The bottom line is Dallas is a great place to play the state championship, but money rules UIL, period. YES it is an advantage to play in Dallas if you are from Dallas, period. Jerry owns UIL for state championship and that will not change. But let just agree the advantage to play in your own back yard does matter.

5 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Sleeping in your own bed, going through a normal routine, and playing in your back yard is a huge advantage at any level, but more so high school.  High school kids aren’t use to long bus rides, hotel rooms, and such.

Its common sense.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

DFW and panhandle schools were winning state championships back in the 20s...and have been ever since.  The title games deserve to be at the best venue.  Period.

This is the hidden content, please

Again, Dallas is a great place to play for the state championships. But you cannot deny that the teams in the Dallas/Fort Worth area have an advantage of playing for state in their own back yard and that will not change. 

7 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Again, Dallas is a great place to play for the state championships. But you cannot deny that the teams in the Dallas/Fort Worth area have an advantage of playing for state in their own back yard and that will not change. 

And again; DFW teams were winning lots of state titles before Arlington was ever  made the host of state championship games.