What happened to D-FW this year?

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

In 6A-Div 1, 4 CenTex teams, 2 Houston teams, and two D-FW teams are left. Only one, Allen or Trinity, can advance to the Semis.

In 6A Div2, only 1 of 8 remaining teams is from D-FW, and Southlake Carroll may go down this week against undefeated Waco Midway. Div2 has 3 CenTex, 2 Houston, and 2 East TX teams.   

Granted, 5A and down has more DF-W teams still alive, but some will knock each other out soon. It LOOKS like this might be a slim year for the D-FW area as far as the State Champions are concerned. Gee, Too bad for them, LOL.  

36 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

In 6A-Div 1, 4 CenTex teams, 2 Houston teams, and two D-FW teams are left. Only one, Allen or Trinity, can advance to the Semis.

In 6A Div2, only 1 of 8 remaining teams is from D-FW, and Southlake Carroll may go down this week against undefeated Waco Midway. Div2 has 3 CenTex, 2 Houston, and 2 East TX teams.   

Granted, 5A and down has more DF-W teams still alive, but some will knock each other out soon. It LOOKS like this might be a slim year for the D-FW area as far as the State Champions are concerned. Gee, Too bad for them, LOL.  

Not if you ask "Not so Slick" Ric Renner!

Money is the bottom line factor for the UIL and Jerry Jones. Marriage made in hell for the rest of the state of Texas. It is nice to play at Dallas but NRG and San Antonio is good as well.

18 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

They should rotate the state championship. NRG did a good job. DFW didn't travel. They shouldn't be rewarded for that. Also put San Antonio back in the mix. I wouldn't mind it being held at UT or AM. It's an outdoor sport!

On 12/6/2017 at 10:41 AM, ECBucFan said:

"Slim" year for DFW with only 15 teams left in the playoffs: Trinity, Carroll, Ryan, HP, Lakeridge, Richland, Aledo, Mansfield, Lone Star, Kennedale, Kaufman, Heritage, Grandview, Allen, Melissa. 

34 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Money is the bottom line factor for the UIL and Jerry Jones. Marriage made in hell for the rest of the state of Texas. It is nice to play at Dallas but NRG and San Antonio is good as well.

Just look at the attendance at state championship games when they're at AT&T compared to other venues....it's not even close! Bottom line is the games need to be and will continue to be played at Jerry world. It's the nicest stadium in the world and the DFW area is hands down where the best football in the state is played. 

P.S.  It's so dang great to see 89Falcon back in the mix!!! We've missed you brother!!

50 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

They should rotate the state championship. NRG did a good job. DFW didn't travel. They shouldn't be rewarded for that. Also put San Antonio back in the mix. I wouldn't mind it being held at UT or AM. It's an outdoor sport!

NRG did a terrible job hosting the event.  They didn't even do the research to realize that some of the smaller classifications bring a huge crowd.  Seating was not good.  The state games are played exactly where they should be.  

On 12/6/2017 at 0:32 PM, ECBucFan said:

Wouldn't it be cool if D-FW was shut out of Jerry's during Championship weekend? Not really gonna happen but the thought of it is hysterical!

Not possible. 5ADII has 4 teams left in Region 1 and 2. One of the four will be in the final. 

13 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Just look at the attendance at state championship games when they're at AT&T compared to other venues....it's not even close! Bottom line is the games need to be and will continue to be played at Jerry world. It's the nicest stadium in the world and the DFW area is hands down where the best football in the state is played. 

P.S.  It's so dang great to see 89Falcon back in the mix!!! We've missed you brother!!

Up here in North FTW now brother. Looks like HD folks need some of my attention!

Guest ECBucFan
13 minutes ago, 89falcon said:

Not possible. 5ADII has 4 teams left in Region 1 and 2. One of the four will be in the final. 

I did not say it was "possible". I was speaking in a hypothetical sense, that it would be really cool if D-FW was shut out at home. I am willing to bet fans all across TX would laugh. 

Guest ECBucFan
25 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Just look at the attendance at state championship games when they're at AT&T compared to other venues....it's not even close!

Houston was penalized because the D-FW folks REFUSED TO TRAVEL. Also D-FW is credited when Houston and CenTex DOES TRAVEL. 

Ironic, isn't it. 

Guest ECBucFan
41 minutes ago, 89falcon said:

"Slim" year for DFW with only 15 teams left in the playoffs: Trinity, Carroll, Ryan, HP, Lakeridge, Richland, Aledo, Mansfield, Lone Star, Kennedale, Kaufman, Heritage, Grandview, Allen, Melissa. 

Did you miss the part where I said:

"Granted, 5A and down has more DF-W teams still alive, but some will knock each other out soon. It LOOKS like this might be a slim year for the D-FW area as far as the State Champions are concerned."

You must have missed it, even though you quoted it. 

In 6A Div 1, D-FW has only 2 of 8, in Div2, In 6A D-FW has only 1 of 8. Check back Sunday and see their numbers shrink more.

11 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Did you miss the part where I said:

"Granted, 5A and down has more DF-W teams still alive, but some will knock each other out soon. It LOOKS like this might be a slim year for the D-FW area as far as the State Champions are concerned."

You must have missed it, even though you quoted it. 

In 6A Div 1, D-FW has only 2 of 8, in Div2, In 6A D-FW has only 1 of 8. Check back Sunday and see their numbers shrink more.

Yeah, I "missed it". Just in case you "missed it", 15 teams left from DFW. Let me know which area has more....

8 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Why would fans across Texas laugh?

He thinks the rest of the state is mad about the venue being at Jerry World every year like SeTx folks...but honestly they don't care.  In fact, they recognize that Cowboy Stadium is, in fact, the nicest field in the state therefore high school state championships should be played there.  If DFW was shut out in Dallas only a few SeTx people would even think about it let alone laugh about it.

16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

He thinks the rest of the state is mad about the venue being at Jerry World every year like SeTx folks...but honestly they don't care.  In fact, they recognize that Cowboy Stadium is, in fact, the nicest field in the state therefore high school state championships should be played there.  If DFW was shut out in Dallas only a few SeTx people would even think about it let alone laugh about it.

The state championship is the only weekend a year is football played at that monstrosity! 

All jokes aside DFW doesn't travel well and that hurt Houston.  The Triangle, H-Town and Super CenTex all hit the road and DFW gets credit. That's B.S.

Its a tremendous advantage for those teams to play at home. For that reason alone it should rotate. Houston and San Antonio need to fight harder to host this major event.

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

NRG did a terrible job hosting the event.  They didn't even do the research to realize that some of the smaller classifications bring a huge crowd.  Seating was not good.  The state games are played exactly where they should be.  

It may not be AT&T stadium but the seat selection at NRG is rock solid. Its designed for watching football unlike that building up North.

Been to AT&T 10 times and never paid attention to the action on the field. Can't say that about NRG and that is a compliment of the highest regards.

19 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

The state championship is the only weekend a year is football played at that monstrosity! 

All jokes aside DFW doesn't travel well and that hurt Houston.  The Triangle, H-Town and Super CenTex all hit the road and DFW gets credit. That's B.S.

Its a tremendous advantage for those teams to play at home. For that reason alone it should rotate. Houston and San Antonio need to fight harder to host this major event.

I will buy that ...but not until the other venues can give the teams a similar experience.  Until then the State Champs deserve to play their last game of the year at the nicest field in the state.  Location is irrelevant. 

Guest ECBucFan
42 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

He thinks the rest of the state is mad about the venue being at Jerry World every year like SeTx folks...but honestly they don't care.  

D-FW teams have a built in advantage of HOME GAMES every single year right at the point where the stakes are the highest. What if Katy - Allen squares off? Think Jerrys is a "neutral site" for that game? Aledo has enjoyed a home game for years for their wins too. It is blatantly unfair, but yes I know few are willing to admit it because its uncomfortable to do so. It taints the D-WF wins somewhat. No need to re-debate this. 

I think fans across the state would love to see the automatically advantaged D-FW teams lose. Feel free to disagree. I don't care if you do.   

Guest ECBucFan
28 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Thank you. I am glad to see another person who sees the truth of the matter. Too many others here can't do it.  

16 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

D-FW teams have a built in advantage of HOME GAMES every single year right at the point where the stakes are the highest. What if Katy - Allen squares off? Think Jerrys is a "neutral site" for that game? Aledo has enjoyed a home game for years for their wins too. It is blatantly unfair, but yes I know few are willing to admit it because its uncomfortable to do so. It taints the D-WF wins somewhat. No need to re-debate this. 

I think fans across the state would love to see the automatically advantaged D-FW teams lose. Feel free to disagree. I don't care if you do.   

Is AT&T Stadium the reason that there are currently 15 teams from DFW still in the playoffs with no other area remotely close? 

28 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Ok.  Jerry World has nothing to do with DFW teams making it to the championship game...but ok.

3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Why so jealous? Find me a player that doesn’t want to play in the Greatest Stadium in Texas. Kids don’t dream about playing in houston or in San antonio but they do dream about playing where AMERICA’s TEAM plays!!!