Cutoff Numbers

DannyShapiroBE

3 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

But that's assuming that UIL sticks to 16 team districts.  I would hope that in 4A and below that there are fewer than 16 districts so we don't end up with 5-6 team districts.

I based the assumption of 16 districts that on two other assumptions:

1. The UIL has historically stuck to 16 districts per classification.
  2. Fewer districts would mean smaller bracket/fewer playoff games/less money from playoffs...

3 minutes ago, GCM-RG74-WR8 said:

Dont think Lee or Crosby are D1.

LEE will be Bc gccisd won’t have 2 teams in same classification and not compete in same district. Crosby was close to that d1 number can’t remember exact number, if they aren’t d1 they will be with BH, Dayton, Ned, PNG, etc.

4 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Making the playoffs is never irrelevant, regardless of the situation. We just play the cards we are dealt.

Very true. I’m not a huge fan of 4 teams making playoffs, but there are still times when 4 seeds beat 1 seeds so it makes a little sense. In the end the teams that are better are gonna go further regardless of how many teams are in it

Guest ECBucFan
5 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Making the playoffs is never irrelevant, regardless of the situation. We just play the cards we are dealt.

I get that. The chance to advance IS important. However, loading the playoffs with 4 of 5 teams makes it so watered down, perceiving "making" the playoffs as an accomplishment in and of itself is irrelevant.  

Guest ECBucFan
6 minutes ago, Bobkat said:

Orangefield

Buna

Woodville

East Chambers

Kirbyville 

???

Tough district!!!

It will be very easy to advance to the playoffs in this district. 4 of the 5 will get in. 

4 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

4ADI Maybe

Lumberton 

‘Ozen

Splendora

Huffman

LCM

Bridge City

Navasota

Cleveland moves up to 5A, Lumberton, Ozen, Splendora move down from 5A, Silsbee moves down to 4AD2. Ozen could merge with Central to make a 6A school. 

Ozen will stay in 5A they missed it by 1.5 students.

6 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

4ADI Maybe

Lumberton 

‘Ozen

Splendora

Huffman

LCM

Bridge City

Navasota

Cleveland moves up to 5A, Lumberton, Ozen, Splendora move down from 5A, Silsbee moves down to 4AD2. Ozen could merge with Central to make a 6A school. 

According to the numbers Ronald Jackson gave me, Ozen is at 1151, which would keep them in 5A, DII.