Beaumont Ozen 71 Silsbee 84/FINAL

WOSgrad

17 minutes ago, kingjames said:

That was a heck of a run!!! But hats off to Ozen they played a good game.

Yes first half coach tried to get everyone some time and get a rotation going, we would get a lead then see it go away and finally fell behind.  Second half he stuck with his guns yet we couldn’t quite get it together and get going until late in that third quarter then we took over.

Dotson ,Jones,Pleasant are the starters missing but no excuses next man up . I think Silsbee has to learn they will get everyone’s best shot regardless if the fans think a team isn’t worthy of being on the floor with them. I’ve been around the game a long time at the end of the day if you come compete you can throw out the names and all that extra bs it’s about executing a game plan and the will to win. Silsbee are the champions to beat them you gotta knock them out . That’s how the saying goes . All respect to them just in turn respect your opponents as well because ANYBODY can be beaten. 

Hats off to the coaching staff at Ozen. I believe they did a great job. I hate to be the guy that has a "excuse" but this game should have been ugly the whole time. Silsbee would get a nice lead and then give the nice lead away when a different group would come in. I know they are working on getting a rotation going, but this year is going to be much more difficult to go 5 in and 5 out. They just are not deep enough against above average teams. Silsbee got the W and that is what matters, but from what I witnessed, could have been easily 30 + game. Great job to both coaching staffs!

Yes we have to take each game one at a time and respect who is in front of us.  With that being said, Coach Sigler used that first half last night to get the football players some time.  For the most part they were quite rusty and our leads slipped away.  Granted I thought Ozen took advantage of our mistakes and played well too.  In the second half we stayed more with those who have been playing and Barnes.  We still were getting beat to the bucket when Ozen got the ball out of our pressure.  But that all changed when the Tigers turned it up and got on a roll late in the third.

Yeah, the only reason Ozen stayed in the game was because coach got the football players much needed playing time. Everybody saw what happens when Silsbee heats up. After next week, with a tournament and games played, Silsbee will be right on schedule. May not be as deep, but still expecting same results. TigerNation!!!

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

Yeah, the only reason Ozen stayed in the game was because coach got the football players much needed playing time. Everybody saw what happens when Silsbee heats up. After next week, with a tournament and games played, Silsbee will be right on schedule. May not be as deep, but still expecting same results. TigerNation!!!

Same result is almost a given unless something bad happens. Should be a great season for the smoke!!

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What was the dunk count?

And Ozen faithful, how was the officiating?

Congrats, Tigers on the big come from behind win.

The big come from behind win lol... You mean the 5 points Silsbee was down by at the half .?? Because if so it didn't last very long and it sure wasn't hard to get back.lmao 21-0 run :)

My daughter is the cheer manager for the Silsbee Cheerleaders and she had to go into Ozen locker room last night with the cheer coach at the half to do something and she said their coach was eating their but out about being ruff and all over Devon told them that he was being wacth by the UIL and that they all new it. And if they kept it up he would sit them on the bench. He said it was un called for that they where the defending State Champs and he was not putting up with the disrespect .! Much Respect to Ozens Coach. 

2 hours ago, Who That said:

My daughter is the cheer manager for the Silsbee Cheerleaders and she had to go into Ozen locker room last night with the cheer coach at the half to do something and she said their coach was eating their but out about being ruff and all over Devon told them that he was being wacth by the UIL and that they all new it. And if they kept it up he would sit them on the bench. He said it was un called for that they where the defending State Champs and he was not putting up with the disrespect .! Much Respect to Ozens Coach. 

Interesting.   Devon will see a lot of that this season.