BISD Votes to Merge Central and Ozen beginning in 2018-19

AshlyHasBeen

24 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

As long as there is a coaching staff hired and a District plan in place for "consolidation" then I would think the UIL would easily sign off on the "two" schools coming together and going through Spring Practices as "ONE" program. They are both 5A schools so they can both choose to go through Spring Practice as it is.

Yes, I hope this is the case otherwise it might be a pretty rough beginning.

I do also know that the AD is going to be the one that puts together the non-district schedule once the new districts are aligned.  I hope PA is on that list.  I also hope the district is no bigger than 8 teams so that they can have 3 non-district games. 

43 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

I don't know exactly but I do know the AD is meeting with the Ozen coaches tomorrow morning and the Central coaches Thursday morning.  I'll get some feedback from these meetings...

What is it post to be about? First interviews or just how the process will go?

1 hour ago, Go-rilla said:

would someone please put up a fantasy Union High lineup with stats and stop all this school business talk. No one cares about how many fights they have in the hallways. I just want to know who is going to be "toting the rock".

I would have loved to answer your question seriously about "toting the rock" but this kind of talk I usually don't even respond to and can't be part of...

32 minutes ago, wbfan said:

Just call it Beaumont High which will keep the majority pacified. 

Glad you are not on the committee. 

My boys (sophomore and junior) were notified yesterday that they both will be on the student committee being put together between the 2 schools that will put the school name, mascot, colors, etc. together.  They are supposed to meet Monday.

28 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

My boys (sophomore and junior) were notified yesterday that they both will be on the student committee being put together between the 2 schools that will put the school name, mascot, colors, etc. together.  They are supposed to meet Monday.

i was just about to ask the question, when do they expect to do the re-naming and color/mascot meetings

5 minutes ago, joeisbell said:

i was just about to ask the question, when do they expect to do the re-naming and color/mascot meetings

This is going to be interesting.  Im watching from the outside to see how this works out. Its probably going to happen in Baytown also. But as it is right now they dont have it planned right at all.

52 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Are you willing to share your sons opinions/suggestions on the name, mascot and colors?  If not, no big deal.  I'm just curious.

38 minutes ago, GCM-RG74-WR8 said:

This is going to be interesting.  Im watching from the outside to see how this works out. Its probably going to happen in Baytown also. But as it is right now they dont have it planned right at all.

I know it is off the subject, but the Mega School idea in Baytown is the right move.

I agree Baytown needs to move forward with it despite initial push back. Don't give in to people who resist change do what gives the students the best chance to compete. Don't worry about upsetting the 50 people who show up to football games (most of which are band/cheer parents). If they pull this off Baytown will have one team to support therefore attendance and support of athletics will go up and results will improve. i know you lose Lee and all the tradition but that was the past the school board needs to look to the future. Olin is not walking back into baytown or bringing any quarterbacks from Dickinson any time soon. just my two cents

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

Are you willing to share your sons opinions/suggestions on the name, mascot and colors?  If not, no big deal.  I'm just curious.

I will, give me sometime to confirm some stuff with them.  They've found this helmet and uniform program and finding pictures on the internet.  They've been showing me stuff daily but I want this to be theirs along with the other students involved, decision.

13 minutes ago, Soccer Man said:

I agree Baytown needs to move forward with it despite initial push back. Don't give in to people who resist change do what gives the students the best chance to compete. Don't worry about upsetting the 50 people who show up to football games (most of which are band/cheer parents). If they pull this off Baytown will have one team to support therefore attendance and support of athletics will go up and results will improve. i know you lose Lee and all the tradition but that was the past the school board needs to look to the future. Olin is not walking back into baytown or bringing any quarterbacks from Dickinson any time soon. just my two cents

Stallworth High School ... jk. That’ll also be interesting to see what happens 

34 minutes ago, Soccer Man said:

I do not want to clutter up this post but yes if done right it would be huge for Baytown. But as of right now its not well planned out.  

The decision on a name and colors needs to happen sooner than later. Uniforms for EVERY team must be ordered. The court at Ozen has to be stripped and painted, all Ozen history will need to be covered or put away. In many ways converting a current campus will be tougher than when a school opens in a new building.

32 minutes ago, AshlyVYPE said:

The decision on a name and colors needs to happen sooner than later. Uniforms for EVERY team must be ordered. The court at Ozen has to be stripped and painted, all Ozen history will need to be covered or put away. In many ways converting a current campus will be tougher than when a school opens in a new building.

^^^ This

I agree with Ashly, but goodness that’s gonna make some people upset. Maybe include some Central/Ozen memorial wall or mural in the school? I don’t know... maybe treat it like taking off a band-aid and rip that joker off...

1 hour ago, AshlyVYPE said:

Understood, I stated this same thing earlier this week.  The "ball" is actually starting to pick up a little speed...

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Couldn't get much info except that either all head coaching positions will be open for outside applicants or none of them will.  I say open them up and see what happens...

Definitely need to open them all up. Even if the basketball job is a foregone conclusion. The football job needs to see what kind of applicants it can attract.